Solis Magna System Found by Hubble Telescope

I checked a star registry it is $54 to name a star. Either that or spam NASA's inbox with emails about this.

Or get 54 fans to contribute a dollar each.

Make that 53 ;)

I'd pay the whole amount if I knew for sure that we could get the star named after something from Bionicle.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

*Clears Throat*

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Has someone told Nasa what they found yet?

Edit: Screen stretching fixed.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

53 bucks? I'd donate 10, maybe 20 to that depending on my wallet at the time we get confirmation that it'd actually get renamed.

in any case, that's freakin' awesome. I guess you could say Bionicle takes place in a galaxy far, far away... who knows how long ago, though :P

EDIT: just found another photo of it here! Im not sure which image is true color, but either way it works, I'd say :D

--Akaku: master of Flight

Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

By far the best thing to come out of BZPower's news, right next to the article about the petition to get the thing renamed (which I am currently doing).

This is just plain cool. It makes all those childhood dreams so much more real.

Although I do believe it's called Spherus Magna. Solis Magna is a fansite, if I'm correct?

Spherus Magna is a large terrestrial planet. Solis Magna is it's sun. So it's called the Solis Magna(n) System, just like the Solar System is named after our sun Sol.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Man, that nebula looks a lot like Spherus Magna when it was destroyed in Bionicle G1 (in the movie, Bionicle: The Legend Reborn, specifically)! That is so awesome of a coincidence! It looks real and very beautiful!:D I wonder if there is (bio-mechanical) life over there?:P That would also awesome if there is.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

If we're gonna try to name the two stars in the middle of the system rather than (or maybe in addition to!) the nebula itself, how about some more iconic, albeit more abstract names: Mata Nui and Makuta. Those names were around since 2001, mortal enemies, yet united brothers. I'm not too good with symbolism but I feel that kinda fits two stars in the middle of a nebula. (Assuming they actually are in the middle of the nebula. Three dimensions and all that.)

It's not even too much of a stretch! Both were on Bara Magna, about in those relative positions - possibly even visible from space - during the final battle of 2011.

IrMSNn3.png

I checked a star registry it is $54 to name a star. Either that or spam NASA's inbox with emails about this.

Or get 54 fans to contribute a dollar each.

Make that 53 ;)

I'd pay the whole amount if I knew for sure that we could get the star named after something from Bionicle.

Except this isn't just one star. This is a nebula.

*walks off to dig through pockets and sofas*

If we're gonna try to name the two stars in the middle of the system rather than (or maybe in addition to!) the nebula itself, how about some more iconic, albeit more abstract names: Mata Nui and Makuta. Those names were around since 2001, mortal enemies, yet united brothers. I'm not too good with symbolism but I feel that kinda fits two stars in the middle of a nebula. (Assuming they actually are in the middle of the nebula. Three dimensions and all that.)

It's not even too much of a stretch! Both were on Bara Magna, about in those relative positions - possibly even visible from space - during the final battle of 2011.

There's a petition going for naming the nebula in the news. I think that makes more sense than changing just one or two stars. :P

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.