Bronze: "Looks good, but it needs a gold Kakama,"

Myself: "Red Kakama, it needs a red Kakama,"

Bronze: "Gold,"

Myself: "Oh one gold looks terrible,"

Actually, it needs more dark gold. A gold kakama would be good but sadly it is stated to have a red one. and I don't have either.

Edited by Dragon11603

Woah, I really like the almost-samurai look of this guy. I actually think he wouldn't look as good with the Kakama. Do the rubber bands have a purpose?

Actually, I tried the Brown Kakama on him, And I think it looks really good(I was reluctant to give it back to Pohatu)

At first the rubber bands were just decoration, but then I found them to be useful, Providing Friction so the hands don't pop out all the time.

Edited by Dragon11603

Nice job! The first thing that strikes me is the gray Toa feet, and I remember that gray wasn't one of the original Toa foot colors. It's nice that Lego gave us the same parts in additional colors over the years for use in MOC's like this. :) (In fact, there are Toa Mata feet in quite a few different colors, aren't there!?) The feet here are good for the color scheme, balancing out the black and the red with something in between.

The most interesting part has to be the spiffy System pieces on the back! It makes sense that there might be blockier parts of the design in the back where the character isn't normally facing, so the contrast between front and back is nice. It's definitely better than when Lego gives us no detail on the back of things. :P

Nice work, thanks for posting!

Woah, I really like the almost-samurai look of this guy. I actually think he wouldn't look as good with the Kakama. Do the rubber bands have a purpose?

Actually, I tried the Brown Kakama on him, And I think it looks really good(I was reluctant to give it back to Pohatu)

At first the rubber bands were just decoration, but then I found them to be useful, Providing Friction so the hands don't pop out all the time.

Can we haz a pic?

Nice job! The first thing that strikes me is the gray Toa feet, and I remember that gray wasn't one of the original Toa foot colors. It's nice that Lego gave us the same parts in additional colors over the years for use in MOC's like this. :) (In fact, there are Toa Mata feet in quite a few different colors, aren't there!?) The feet here are good for the color scheme, balancing out the black and the red with something in between.

The most interesting part has to be the spiffy System pieces on the back! It makes sense that there might be blockier parts of the design in the back where the character isn't normally facing, so the contrast between front and back is nice. It's definitely better than when Lego gives us no detail on the back of things. :P

Nice work, thanks for posting!

Thanks!

I wish that there was a set with Dark Gold Mata Feet, as they would work well here, Helping add more Dark Gold. Glad you thinks it's good anyway.

The System Pieces were originally for Stability. In fact, if the ones on the upper back weren't there, the entire head and shoulders section could spin!

Can we haz a pic?

Sure, I'll get it up sometime during the week.

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 1