The Wandering Hero - Mata Nui Revamp

joev14

Well, here he is at last. I built the original version of this MOC way back in 2011, shortly after Bionicle's 'end,' but I've been slowly making changes to it over time and it certainly looks very different from the original. He is one of my most prized MOCs, I hope you like him as well! Also, if you're interested in seeing more of this guy, and talking with a bunch of other Bionicle fans about Bionicle: The Audio-Narration-Project, then head over to my channel at 4PM Central Standard Time on October 24th for our 1000 subscribers livestream video!

"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own, and hope I could somehow find a way to achieve my destiny."
— Mata Nui, Mata Nui's Guide to Bara Magna

img_1002edit.jpg

Front

img_1003edit.jpg

Back

img_1004edit.jpg

Action Pose

Just a little word here, I always thought to myself when Click transforms, who's to say he can't transform into other things? That concept has lived out in the form of this Scaranax Launcher (Like the name? :P)

img_1005edit.jpg

Weapons

img_1007edit.jpg

Comparison

(As you can see, the original model has sacrificed his leg guards :P)

Once again, be sure to tune in for our channel's livestream! As of now, you guys have seen all my big Bionicle MOCs, and with college happening, I'm not exactly sure when I'll have time to build more. Hope you guys liked 'em!

• Upvote 6

Actually, the limb proportion is spot-on.

This is by far your best out of the group, and while i can't say i'm very fond of the others, i am very fond of this one. :D Good job, as always.

Questions, though: Are the shoulder plates sitting loose, as they seem? and will you build Stronius?

i gotta admit this is probably hte best one,

only one suggestion here though, in that you seem to have left poor Mata-Nui's abysmal limb proportions, and that perhaps some of the custiomisation could have gone to either shorter arms or longer legs?

Actually, in comparison to the original, the torso and legs have gained a little length, while the arms have stayed the same length as the original.

Actually, the limb proportion is spot-on.

This is by far your best out of the group, and while i can't say i'm very fond of the others, i am very fond of this one. :D Good job, as always.

Questions, though: Are the shoulder plates sitting loose, as they seem? and will you build Stronius?

The shoulder plates are actually held in place by an axle that passes through the entire shoulder, and is capped with a bohrok eye/black tooth on each end. It's one the my most unique custom designs I've come up with, and to this day it's one of my favorites. The design keeps the shoulders nice and tight, fits perfectly over the inika body, and doesn't stress the part at all. It's like it was meant to be. :D

As for building Stronius...probably not. But we'll see. My main goal with this series was to build the four main Glatorian from The Legend Reborn, and Stronius would look very out of place among them. :P But once again, we'll see.

Edited by joev14

First off, I love the torso design. The ankle-guards as shoulderpads work amazingly well. I'm a little iffy about the color layering on the feet, but it works. I kinda miss the pointy shoulder armor, but hey, what you've got looks great, too. :P

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Nice job again! :) I like the bulkier body and bigger feet; they're more fitting for a character like Mata Nui. The crab on the back is a nice touch! You really seem to have a knack for finding good parts for System greebs.