[Journey to Netflix] Contest Entry

Tohkann toa of arts

Here is my entry for the Journey to Netflix Contest.

lego_entry45_by_tohkann-d9eb1ov.jpg?2

I went with the original Bionicle comic look, but with the new 2015 characters. 

I hope you all like it! ^_^

Deviantart link(It is at a higher resolution over here): LINK

Edited by Tohkann toa of arts
  • Upvote 15

I do hope you've considering making a career out of this (yeah, the pay ain't necessarily great, but if you do hit it big...)

Barring the appearance of an even more flabbergasting entry, I'll be surprised if this doesn't win, slinky torso or no.

Edited by Quisoves Potoo

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

AH, IT'S SO GOOD!!! BUT THE PAIN OF NOT BEING ABLE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT KILLS ME!!!

Ugh.... It's great, and I love it, but.... It makes me so sad, that I'm unable to do the same *painful sigh*

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Really great job! This looks exactly like the very first Bionicle comics!  ^_^ You did a very good job of transforming the new Bionicle pieces into comic form while also evoking the simplicity of 2001!

• 2 weeks later...

This is epic! You did a great job mimicking Carlos D'Anda's style using colors and textures.

One thing that bothers me is that Tahu's midsection feels very long. On the set, the "codpiece" begins shortly below what would be his navel, while here it barely covers his crotch area. Also, given the way his chest sinks forward, I feel like his torso shouldn't be so long to begin with. Together with his extremely pinched waist, it gives him a somewhat gangly feel, even moreso than the set's long legs and arms did.

But other than those proportional quirks like that, you did a great job on the mask, hands, weapons, and armor. The overall composition is very solid. Great work!

Edited by Aanchir