November/December LEGO Club Magazines Appear on LEGO.com

November starts in just a few days, and accordingly, the digital editions of the November/December LEGO Club Magazines are starting to show up on LEGO.com. BZPower members will perhaps be most excited for the Red Brick edition's Bionicle feature, featuring pics and bios for Umarak the Hunter, Tahu - Uniter of Fire, and Ikir - Creature of Fire! There's also a feature on next January's Star Wars buildable figures, based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens! Follow these links to check out the Red Brick, Green Brick, and Yellow Brick editions!

View the full article

• Upvote 2

Here's the Bionicle image featured in the Red Brick magazine!

ShvaZSB.png

First official image from Bionicle 2016! Excluding that little poster, anyway.

Creatures! That combine with the Toa!!! 2016 will be a good year.

Additionally, notice the apparent transparent blend with Tahu's gold mask. Interesting...

• Upvote 4

IetTsFQ.png

I'm wondering if Tahu's weapons have a function too, looking at the gear and how they're constructed...

In any case, it's really good to have something official (and officially gorgeous at that).

It looks like twisting that gear lunges the swords forward/backward, and the axle under his left sword suggests he can combine them together into a staff of sorts.

There's also a gear on the back of his waist...Waist-swivel function?  :???:

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Also, it would appear that you turn a gear on their backsides to make them do their geary functiony thingy.

Also it would appear that the sets have full fledged names this time instead of just "Protector of Fire" or "Skull Grinder" (even though we for names for both those characters later, but still)

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Well, this is a surprise. I didn't expect the next Bionicle images to pop up so soon. Can't wait to see the designs for the rest of the Toa and those creature beast things.

Also, I keep thinking of Unalak from Legend of Korra whenever I see the name "Umarak" :P. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Edited by FF the Forgotten
  • Upvote 2

pWPTu7m.jpg

The top right of the corner says that 'the fight for the Masks of Unity begins.' My guess is that these masks have something to do with the creatures the Toa have to find, because it looks like Ikir has Tahu's new gold mask. 

As for Umarak, I just hope he gets more to do in the story than the Skull Villains. :P

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think all the sets look really nice. Tahu's build is really nice, and Ikir has a lot of creativity. Though Tahu's colorscheme isn't my favorite, and his weapons look strange and a bit clunky, he still looks pretty good on the whole, and the "slashing" function on the weapons make up for it.

Ikir might have a function, but I'm not going to bet my money on that assumption. He looks nice, and has some great parts. Open balls are kind of bothersome though. On the whole, he's a creative build of the CCBS System, and he looks really nice.

I need to see more of Umarak before I say much, but he has an awesome aesthetic, a great looking mask, and a "meh", in other words, kind of bad colorscheme.

Short Summary on The Star Wars Figures: The figures look great. They have some great, great, great parts, and if you look closely at some of them, most specifically Finn, it looks like he has a gear on his back. The torso also looks like they have gears inside (not the Storm Trooper and Captain P. though).

Take this with a grain of salt, but Blacksix, you might of just got your wish. #SWGears2016 #HypeTrain

Edited by Maskmaker of Light

Vote in the 2016 Set Poll! 3 Votes Maximum. http://strawpoll.me/6685187/r

Well, this is a surprise. I didn't expect the next Bionicle images to pop up so soon. Can't wait to see the designs for the rest of the Toa and those creature beast things.

Also, I keep thinking of Unalak from Legend of Korra whenever I see the name "Umarak" :P. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that.

You are not the only one because I think that, too.

Anyway, I love what I saw and read in the magazine! I'll bet that 2016 is going to be a very great year!

I love the two-page Bionicle section!:D Tahu looks epic. With the Creature of Fire, he looks even more. How his weapons look like seems interesting. It's like they could pinch like crab claws because of the gears and you could combine them to form a double-bladed sword.

It seems that the Creature Fire is like Bionicle 2015's own Rahi and could combine Tahu, like the 2008 Matoran with the Toa Nuva in 2008. When combined with Tahu, that makes him look like Phoenix constraction set or characters wearing the Fire Wing chest armor from Legends of Chima.

Umarak looks awesome, I must say! I love his giants horns and black and green color schemes! His mask looks neat as it seems to have a scar. His legs looks a little non-humanoid. He kinda looks like a Skull Creature because of how he is designed. I wonder if he is associated with them. Hmm...

Anyway, I'll bet Bionicle would be all that epic when 2016 comes, too!:D

I also love that how the new Star Wars constraction figures look. They look very cool!:D

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 2

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Rey's figure looks surprisingly good. Finn's on the other hand...it's a figure.

Phasma looks cool, but she also looks to be identical to the Stormtrooper, down to the weapon. Kinda. Boring. It makes sense, but...yeah. A somewhat different weapon at least would have been nice. At least she has a cape.

Also, a wave of constraction figures in which 2/3 are female. Pretty cool.

I'm kinda wondering how Kylo Ren's lightsaber works. Are the ones on the sides minifig lightsabers? They kinda look like it...

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I love Umarak's antlers. It also says that he has a bow that is not shown, so he has multiple weapons, which is cool as long as they can store on his body somewhere. 

So the new gimmick this year is just the Phantoka one, but better looking? I'm okay with this, especially because of how the head of the creature and the mask combine.

Edited by J46 Nui

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

So the new gimmick this year is just the Phantoka one, but better looking? I'm okay with this, especially because of how the head of the creature and the mask combine.

I noticed that too - it looks like the Creatures' masks can clip on to the masks of the Toa, I'm interested to see how that works.

The gimmick, however, might be significantly more involved that the Phantoka, since the Creatures add powers to the Toa - Tahu, for example, gains those huge wings, instead of just carrying the Creature on his back.

IetTsFQ.png

Here's the Bionicle image featured in the Red Brick magazine!

ShvaZSB.png

First official image from Bionicle 2016! Excluding that little poster, anyway.

Creatures! That combine with the Toa!!! 2016 will be a good year.

Additionally, notice the apparent transparent blend with Tahu's gold mask. Interesting...

The top of the caption on the right reads, "THE FIGHT FOR THE MASKS OF UNITY BEGINS!"

What's that supposed to mean? Are the new gold masks the Masks of Unity?  :???:

Edited by Liopleurodon

The top of the caption on the right reads, "THE FIGHT FOR THE MASKS OF UNITY BEGINS!"

What's that supposed to mean? Are the new gold masks the Masks of Unity?  :???:

Interesting...It does say that the Toa and Umarak are both struggling to attain the Elemental Creatures. Maybe the masks of the Creatures are the Masks of Unity. It makes sense, since the Toa and the Creatures unite when together, including their masks (since the Creatures' masks can seemingly combine with the masks of the Toa).

Makes me wonder what Umarak will do if he gets his hands on the Creatures...

IetTsFQ.png