GA Contest #22 Final Poll!

GA Contest #22 Final Poll!  

151 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

General Art Contest #22: Journey to Netflix

Vote here for the movie poster of your choice! Final voting runs until Saturday, October 31st at 11:59 PM (Eastern).

NOTE - all who participate in this poll will be entered into a private raffle to win a random Toa set from BIONICLE 2015's first wave. Voting data will not be public; winners of the raffle will be notified over PM. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact me.

Since there were ties in the semifinals, ten entries have moved on. Only three winners will be selected, though; every vote counts!

--

Entry 1: Entry Image

Entry 2: Entry Image

Entry 3: Entry Image

Entry 4: Entry Image

Entry 5: Entry Image

Entry 6: Entry Image

Entry 7: Entry Image

Entry 8: Entry Image

Entry 9: Entry Image

Entry 10: Entry Image

• Upvote 1

Having narrowed down the four best entries (4, 5, 9, 10), I'm having a tough time picking a favorite.

First off, #4. Tohkann's piece--I love this one. I really do. Very detailed, excellent coloring, shading... It's just amazing. :) However, they style emanates G1 more than anything, and I think it's more fitting of a graphic novel cover than a poster for a tv series. While I like it, I'm gonna have to set this one on the back-burner for now.

On to #5--It's nice. It's simple, but effective. I like the imagery--very indicative of a cartoony adventure. This one, while not my favorite aesthetically, gives a better representation of the theme. As such, I'll keep this one in consideration.

#9--DANG, this one is good. Beautiful piece of work. Covers the Toa team, their mentor, and the mask of Makuta, establishing heroes and villain. This is good. While the style is more intense and reminds me of Star Wars, I'll keep this in consideration.

Lastly, #10--Once again, we have the Toa, but this time as a collective, united team, standing side by side. We have the planets visible in basically all of the official artwork, the mask of Ekimu, a Protector, and the skull-face of the villains. Covers heroes, villains (sort of) and gives a sense of adventure and awesome. While not as aesthetically pleasing as #9, it definitely does bring out what you might expect from a series like BIONICLE.

All things considered, #4 and #9 are my top favorites. But to pick one that best fits the theme here, I'm gonna have to go with #10. Regardless, I wish all entrants the best of luck, as there are some great pieces in here.

• Upvote 4

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Okay I didn't make it which I expected. But number 6 made it? (I mean no offence to the artist) How?!

Also I voted for Number 9 (I really want that one to win!)

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Hmm... this is a really had choice. I was torn between 5 and 9... But ultimately going with 9 because while 5 is great, it A, bit too comic book style for my liking, and B, it only features one of the characters.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Okay I didn't make it which I expected. But number 6 made it? (I mean no offence to the artist) How?!

I did the math, and by getting only one other vote for my entry, I knew I'd make it into the finals. Which I did, yay math. Y'see, I'm definitely not gonna win this, but I really wanted to get to the finals.

Oh, and four is fantastic.

I did the math, and by getting only one other vote for my entry, I knew I'd make it into the finals. Which I did, yay math. Y'see, I'm definitely not gonna win this, but I really wanted to get to the finals.

Oh, and four is fantastic.

Now I wish I'd have voted for myself.  See, this is what you get for being generous.

10 and 5 are my favorites though, and, coincidentally, were the ones I voted for.  Dang that's a tough choice... I'm not going to be deciding anything at 9 in the morning.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Completely torn between 3, 4, and 10. I like them all equally, but each for a different reason.

For some reason, 3 seems to fairly well capture the feel so far of G2.

4 is just plain dang awesome because it is so incredibly nostalgic.

10 is... epic, and sort of captures how I hope G2's story might progress.

Present... Past... Future...

GAH HOW CAN I DECIDE.

I guess I'll go with 10.

• Upvote 2
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Now I wish I'd have voted for myself.  See, this is what you get for being generous.

Don't worry, next time, I can use math and my pull over the vote of a semi-active member to your advantage.

Ended up with #10. Very movie poster like and I loved the incorporation of the planets.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Normally, I don't vote in most polls like these... But who am I to deny a chance for a free Bionicle set? :D

Oh, and I decided to vote for #10.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

I'm having trouble deciding between 5, 9, and 10.  4 (the classic comic-style one) was one of my favorites, but I took it out because it only had one Toa, whereas the others I chose have all six.

5: I like the giant Vahi and the colored Toa comets all oconverging on the sparkly object in the center, which I guess is the Mask of Creation.  That visual set up really makes the Journey to One seem real.

9:  I like the increidble detail put into this, I just want to know why is the Mask of Creation shattered?  The assymetreical balance is strong with this one.

10: I like the cosmic feel to this one.  It reminds me of Solis Magna.  This one is very balanced.

Entry 9 is just beautiful. Shut up and take my vote!

I agree with you! Entry 9 is beautiful because of the stunning accuracy of the characters and masks! I don't know why the Mask of Creation is shattered in there, but I feel this is epic, so okay.:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I don't know why people aren't going for number 9, I think that 9 is the best representation of BIONICLE G2!

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I don't know why people aren't going for number 10, I think that 10 is the best representation of BIONICLE G2!

But... they are going for 10. 10 is winning. That is the definition of going for a particular entry.

Facepalm.jpg

I mean"t to say 9..... Ugh, what is wrong with me?!?!?!?

I fail so hard at life sometimes, that people back in the medieval times face palm too.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

I don't know why people aren't going for number 9, I think that 9 is the best representation of BIONICLE G2!

This is a contest about a movie poster, not comic book covers. I presume #9 is in second place because it looks more like a comic cover and less like an actual poster you'd see at the cinema. 

• Upvote 1

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.