OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

I got the November Lego magazine in the mail with the Tahu and Umarak. Pretty sweet.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's the same piece Tahu has on his thighs, flipped around so the face is on his back. That's where Ikir, whose chest is the same piece, attaches. Yes, this means he can attach to Umarak, too.

more importantly, it means Tahu can attach to Umarak, Backwards!

Kopaka and Tahu have never been closer :P

• Upvote 7

Can someone get all six toa and combine them together to form something like the Megazord?

The legendary Toa Nui! The rumours are true!

• Upvote 6

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

That's the same piece Tahu has on his thighs, flipped around so the face is on his back. That's where Ikir, whose chest is the same piece, attaches. Yes, this means he can attach to Umarak, too.

I dunno, I think their butt gears might collide in that scenario. And you know how painful that can be. ;)

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I dunno, I think their butt gears might collide in that scenario. And you know how painful that can be. ;)

Backwards and upside down then.

• Upvote 3

Backwards and upside down then.

The words right outta my mouth! O:

• Upvote 3

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

So does anyone think Makuta is gonna show up in the wave or what? 

To be honest, many of Makuta's parts are already available, given that he's basically just an Ekimu recolor. We can probably assume that the Mask of Control will be released next year (it's on the poster as well as Kopaka's boxart), so the only other necessary parts would be a bunch of recolors (3M shells, 4M shells, 5M bones, 3M bones, and the six shooter in Trans. Bright Bluish Violet). I can only hope that if we don't get a Makuta set next year, Onua or the other Earth characters will start to make enough of those other parts available so fans can build their OWN Makuta.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

umarak_by_nickinamerica-d9fke0n.jpg

Wow! That's gnarly awesome!:D I can see the Umarak can combine with one of the Creatures.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the 2016 story and sets! Things are looking awesome so far!:D

As I can analyze the 2016 stuff, I would say these things:

1. The new story will be about the Toa being sent by Ekimu to find and unite with the Elemental Creatures (seems like Okoto's own Rahi), so they can get the Mask of Control. However, a new villain named Umarak wants to capture the Creatures by using crawling bear traps called Shadow Traps. The Toa, now called Uniters, have to stop him. All of this is from the Lego Magazine.

2. The Creatures seem to be wild beasts to be tamed by the Toa.

3. The Creatures can also combine with the Toa on their backs, similar to the Phantoka in 2008.

4. I don't know if Toa will become G2's Toa Nuva or wear different armor, but they look epic!:D

5. It looks like that the Toa also have to collect more golden Masks again.

6. Umarak kind of looks like to be a Skull Creature because of his design and mask. I wonder if he is associated with him. Hmm...

7. I wonder if Makuta would show up next year. He would not in the winter wave, but perhaps in the next wave.

Anyway, I'll bet 2016 is going to be an epic year!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

6. Umarak kind of looks like to be a Skull Creature because of his design and mask. I wonder if he is associated with him. Hmm...

I also noticed that. Perhaps he's a living relative of Kulta or member of Kulta's species.

The 'Titans' of Okoto once lived in harmony with the villagers, gentle giants to their industrious hobbits. However, they were refused the Masks of Power that the villagers had, mostly due to the difference in power between the species. The villagers used their elemental masks to help the titans, and they in turn loaned their strength to the villagers' greatest projects. However, when Makuta fell, it was they who pulled him from the rubble. He spun them a tale of resentment and envy, where he had sought to bring the titans the secret of Mask Making, but Ekimu pursued him to keep the secret to himself. They never did learn before makuta fell into a coma. His mask of control became a treasure amongst the titans, and they too set out to find the Mask of Ultimate Power...

• Upvote 4

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

So does anyone think Makuta is gonna show up in the wave or what? 

To be honest, many of Makuta's parts are already available, given that he's basically just an Ekimu recolor. We can probably assume that the Mask of Control will be released next year (it's on the poster as well as Kopaka's boxart), so the only other necessary parts would be a bunch of recolors (3M shells, 4M shells, 5M bones, 3M bones, and the six shooter in Trans. Bright Bluish Violet). I can only hope that if we don't get a Makuta set next year, Onua or the other Earth characters will start to make enough of those other parts available so fans can build their OWN Makuta.

Good point. Although I'm hoping that maybe he'll appear as part of a two pack in the summer wave. If not I think we might get two versions of him in 2017. 

It's time to move on.

I also noticed that. Perhaps he's a living relative of Kulta or member of Kulta's species.

The 'Titans' of Okoto once lived in harmony with the villagers, gentle giants to their industrious hobbits. However, they were refused the Masks of Power that the villagers had, mostly due to the difference in power between the species. The villagers used their elemental masks to help the titans, and they in turn loaned their strength to the villagers' greatest projects. However, when Makuta fell, it was they who pulled him from the rubble. He spun them a tale of resentment and envy, where he had sought to bring the titans the secret of Mask Making, but Ekimu pursued him to keep the secret to himself. They never did learn before makuta fell into a coma. His mask of control became a treasure amongst the titans, and they too set out to find the Mask of Ultimate Power...

That would be a good estimate. Perhaps some of those titans like Kulta and Umarak were banished for crimes while there might be some good titans among them?

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

That would be a good estimate. Perhaps some of those titans like Kulta and Umarak were banished for crimes while there might be some good titans among them?

That's.why I'm pitching them as basically good, but mislead. The only reason they're fighting the masters is because they think the masters are evil. The masters would think the titans are evil because the titans keep fighting them. Kulta was explicitly dead and revived, so he could be irredeemably evil. Umarak might be mislead, trying to capture the elemental beast for the same reason the masters are trying to befriend them. As for other members of their species, perhaps we'll get an axonn/brutaka civil war or something later...

• Upvote 3

H288y1T.png

After observing of this piece more, I think that the gear has an axle sticking out of it, Connecting the gear to the wings.

Yes.  There's a better angle on it in the (smaller) image of Ikir along the side that shows more of the gear piece, including how the socket piece attaches.

newgearpiece.png

OpAXNpl.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks there shouldn't be any silver on Tahu's mask? It just looks out of place, competes for attention alongside his torso piece and thigh armor while also breaking his color scheme. On a side note, I'm kind of peeved that Kopaka uses only one shell type with Dark Blue in his design, why can't Lego just mold more shells for him in Earth Blue instead of wasting yet another opportunity to introduce shells in more colors?

I also can't wait for more info to be revealed on the other sets! Maybe we'll get some questionable leg designs on Lewa, dark tan on Pohatu, a gappy chest for Onua or even more info on the creatures! So far, we've seen a phoenix for Tahu [...]

Edit: Leaked info removed.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Am I the only one who thinks there shouldn't be any silver on Tahu's mask? It just looks out of place, competes for attention alongside his torso piece and thigh armor while also breaking his color scheme. On a side note, I'm kind of peeved that Kopaka uses only one shell type with Dark Blue in his design, why can't Lego just mold more shells for him in Earth Blue instead of wasting yet another opportunity to introduce shells in more colors?

I also can't wait for more info to be revealed on the other sets! Maybe we'll get some questionable leg designs on Lewa, dark tan on Pohatu, a gappy chest for Onua or even more info on the creatures! So far, we've seen a phoenix for Tahu, maybe we'll get these creatures for their respective toa:

You are very subtle.

Considering that Tahu got a pheonix, I' kinda dissapointed that the other toa won't be getting similerly mythical creatures, like a yeti for Kopaka, or a sea serpent for Gali, or a treant for Lewa.

Edited by -Windrider-

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

@Arnold Schwarzenegger All of the masks of have silver on them. Besides, it's not like it matters since they're just going to ditch their colored masks for their gold masks like they did last year. (If you can't tell, I'm very bitter about that)

Although I might be in the minority, I actually like the silver. It reminds of those early pictures we got of the Toa Nuva, with only half of their faces rising out of the energized protodermis.

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

The silver blended into the Toas' masks is a veeery strange design choice. Personally, I can't imagine that it will look good, but I'll withhold judgement until I see them in person.

But apparently the gold masks will have a translucent blend, like the corrupted masks; I'm happy about that. I think blended gold masks look a lot nicer than solid gold masks.

IetTsFQ.png

I wonder how the animators will translate the masks into animation? 2015's animation characters, their masks especially looked quite nice compared to the set masks, which in my opinion are eh.

gb_civil_war_ara_banner_2.jpg 
Proud Graphics Artist.
Current 2015 collection:

I have them all :P

green = all, blue = partial, black = none

Only non-promotionals counted

Eh, both may be cool, but eventhough I bormally very openminded to such concepts, I find such a thing happening extrememly unlikey.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Wait they have gears in the creatures. How did they keep these in the same price ranges as this year? 

I have no clue. Maybe they are a bit smaller? I don't think having gears makes the sets cost any more to develop if the pieces aren't very big. Either way, I'm hyped.

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Wait they have gears in the creatures. How did they keep these in the same price ranges as this year? 

I have no clue. Maybe they are a bit smaller? I don't think having gears makes the sets cost any more to develop if the pieces aren't very big. Either way, I'm hyped.

Yeah, gears don't really add more to a set's cost than any other piece would. I mean, the Protector of Ice already had two gears just being used as knobs to spin the shield and blaster. Considering Ikir doesn't have a shield or blaster, including two or three gears for a wing flapping function is no trouble at all.

The bigger part of the cost would be that some of those gears are a new mold. But by spreading those around throughout other sets (who knows, they might even show up in regular Technic sets), that cost can be distributed, same as with the new shooter pieces from this year's Protectors.

• Upvote 1

So at the panel we also got a sneak peek at next year's Kopaka. We weren't allowed to take pics, but a neat feature is that his mask (and presumably the rest of the Toa's as well) has his Nuva symbol molded into it. It also uses a 1x1 round stud as the lens for his eyepiece.

Ehhh, I'm not sure I like that. It means some of the masks will be asymmetrical. (Although luckily Lewa's mask, which is my favorite going by these pictures, likely won't be.)

I like that they're releasing non-humanoid small sets.

So at the panel we also got a sneak peek at next year's Kopaka. We weren't allowed to take pics, but a neat feature is that his mask (and presumably the rest of the Toa's as well) has his Nuva symbol molded into it. It also uses a 1x1 round stud as the lens for his eyepiece.

Ehhh, I'm not sure I like that. It means some of the masks will be asymmetrical. (Although luckily Lewa's mask, which is my favorite going by these pictures, likely won't be.)

I like that they're releasing non-humanoid small sets.

We don't know WHERE specifically it's molded on all the masks. On Kopaka it's above his left brow, but that might just be because his mask is ALREADY asymmetrical thanks to his eyepiece. If it's centered on the others, then what asymmetricality there was would be limited to a tiny, perfectly square insignia on each of the masks—hardly something to get bent out of shape over.

• Upvote 3