OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

Trailer for episode 3!

The bit with Lewa and the village is striking and I'm looking forward to seeing how the full scene plays out.

I'm hyper excited about the new episodes. I loved the first two, and the character videos plus this trailer suggest that the next two will be even better! I'm pretty interested in what the new story will hold - with the winter wave, we pretty much new based on the sets that it will amount to the Toa collecting the Creatures and hunting for the Mask of Control, however between four times 30 seconds, we now have more questions than answers.

That scene with the Jungle Village being destroyed shows that things are going to be a tad less lighthearted this time around.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

It's been a while since this topic updated. What happened?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It's been a while since this topic updated. What happened?

We were very busy with talking about the new Journey to One trailers, doing raffles, celebrating BZPower's 15th birthday, and we are talking about a today's news and out a contest to make Makuta's physical form.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Did anyone manage to read the new novel "Escape from the Underworld" yet? I forgot it had come out, and it was already loaded onto my Kindle. Seems like an interesting premise though.

I want to read it but I haven't gone around to ordering it yet! I should really stop putting it off, but I have a bad habit of only buying books when I have Barnes & Noble coupons or when stuff on Amazon is discounted, even though kids' paperbacks like this are cheap enough that I wouldn't want to waste a coupon on them anyway and wouldn't need to wait for any sort of discount.

I'm curious about the novels, but I can't see well enough to read physical books and my talking ebook reader isn't compatible with Kindle format(not that any of Amazon's digital services seem to work well with my screenreader, so I couldn't purchase through Amazon even if I had a compatible device).

Just so you know, I'm blinad

Anyone tried putting Skull Scorpio's tail on LoSS?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Okay, so I just sneakily watched the last two episodes of JtO (thank you subtitles), and I can’t help but feel that a lot of the doomsaying going on is way too preemptive.

Izotor very clearly says that the Toa will return in a time of need. That’s a very open ending. Why is everybody jumping to the conclusion that, now the Toa have gone back into the stars, Bionicle as a whole has ended? What’s to say next year’s story isn’t a few/many years ahead of the events of JtO, or is maybe even a prequel story? Makuta and his chums are still mulling about in the Shadow Realm, so what’s to say they won’t all find another way to escape in the future?

I can’t help but feel that the whole sky-is-falling atmosphere that’s been rampant in the Bionicle fandom as of late has just really put people on edge, and has lead too many to interpret the conclusion to the Netflix series to be the conclusion to whole franchise. This, on top of there very clearly being an actual plastic MoUP, leads me to feel that G2 will most likely continue into next year, or maybe return after a hiatus.

Edited by Logan McOwen

Eh, sucks, oh well, on the the next thing Lego does then.

I don't think there IS a "next." If G2 has tanked so badly that they felt they had no other option than to cancel it a year early, I don't expect them to have the enthusiasm to create another original constraction theme to replace it. Aside from tie-ins like Star Wars, I think constraction might be dying. Maybe today's kids just don't like action figures?

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

On the official LEGO Bionicle website, it has just been announced that Bionicle has been canceled again. From my interactions with the Bionicle team over the past few years I know they have been overwhelmed and appreciative of the support and response for Bionicle from the community. They know we are out here and want us to do our best to keep the torch lit as we once again go into a dark time for the theme. As fans, this is obviously a major disappointment, but we did our best to ensure Bionicle was remembered in the past and I know we will all keep it alive moving forward. This is only the end of the sets for now, not the end of Bionicle.

Cause we all know how well that promise went the first time.

But for all intensive purposes Bionicle G2 is like, totally done, right? None of that whole "Oh don't worry, Bionicle isn't REALLY over." shtick where the serials sort of feigned in for a moment and then slowly died.

Back during G1, I cared for a number of Lego lines, but when G1 ended, that marked me "quitting" Lego altogether.

While G2 ran, I only cared for Bionicle, however now that it's over, I still feel an interest in CCBS and construction. While I'll probably try to retroactively get more G2 sets (likely used) in the years to come, I hope CCBS continues to be a thing, and not exclusive to Star Wars. I've stayed away from Nexo Knights despite being interested because, you know, money and priorities, but if they start doing Nexo Knights constraction, I'd probably buy some sets. 

Either way, now with Bionicle gone, I'll need something to fill the void it has left  :(

• Upvote 3

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

*Insert inspiring post about how Bionicle will always be alive if we as a fandom keep on MOCing and writing and discussing and etc.*

But anyway it's really too bad we'll never get that Mask of Ultimate Power. (Someone please create a 3D model and sell it on Shapeways or something! :P) I only wish the theme could have lasted just one more year so as to complete its 3-year story arc in the originally intended way.

But hey, at least we got 2 years of really amazing sets, fun discussions, competitions, gold masks, and other great Bionicle stuff! And who knows? Perhaps in 5-10 more years, the theme will return again. After all, that is Umarak the way... of the Bionicle.

Rest in Pieces

Bionicle Gen 2

Leaked Thursday July 2, 2015

Ended Friday, July 29, 2016

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. G2's two years were extremely solid with some of the best sets introduced in the line, especially with 2016. We got several chapter books, graphic novels, promotional comics and animations, app games, heck, we even got a TV mini-series! It was a great reboot and I am glad to have taken a part in it.

I guess the optimist in me is glad that I won't feel the need to buy any more LEGO in the future though. Stuff's expensive.

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows
  • Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

I guess the optimist in me is glad that I won't feel the need to buy any more LEGO in the future though. Stuff's expensive.

I suppose I'd have to agree. Though now that Bionicle is being cancelled, I have to pick up quite a few sets to fill out the gaps in my G2 collection. I also have to get a sealed Pohatu Nuva set. Which will probably be spendy.

I'm actually extremely dissapointed that it's ending right now. I had so much hope for the series when I bought Kopaka '15 at launch and as whiny as it sounds, it all kinda feels wasted now.

But having boughten every G2 set, I can now say Lego won't be getting any more of my money, since it was the theme that got me interested and not the parts in the figures. If I need other parts for MOCS or anything there's Bricklink.

• Upvote 2

Amidst the sadness and pain

Besides the shadow of grief, struggling against the crushing weight of despair

A single metallic glimmer of joy, a brief reprise from the tragedy of G2's cancellation

Among a newly acquired collection of G1 Bionicles, many sets and loose parts, traded in these past days for some Lego Star Wars sets and a Mindstorms kit, sits this shard of happier days

It alone lights the dark void left by the ending, the conclusion

It alone shines with hope, signalling that Bionicle will live on through my MOCs

A solitary Chrome Hau (the one from the power pack that also contained tohunga Hafu)

• Upvote 2

Everyone! I have created a petition to convince Lego to reconsider their decision to discontinue Bionicle or at least release a Makuta set! Please sign it and pass along the link to get it traction and help bring Bionicle back or at least to a proper end.

Here's the link:

https://www.change.org/p/lego-headquarters-bring-back-bionicle-lego

Don't waste your time, this wont work.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

Everyone! I have created a petition to convince Lego to reconsider their decision to discontinue Bionicle or at least release a Makuta set! Please sign it and pass along the link to get it traction and help bring Bionicle back or at least to a proper end.

Here's the link:

https://www.change.org/p/lego-headquarters-bring-back-bionicle-lego

You could get hundreds or even thousands of signatures and I doubt Lego would care or maybe even notice.

• Upvote 1

So I got around to buying Storm Beast today. Purchasing what might be my last Bionicle set ever (unless we get a G3) was a lot more sad than I thought it would be, though we were in a rush so it only really hit me once I built him at home. The function of the set is great, and I really like the design. I was surprised by the trans. light blue pieces, as they are a different (and better) shade in person than they are in any photos of the pieces. 

Usually when I get a new set, they last months or even years before being cannibalised for parts, however the urgency of getting Storm Beast (I originally planned to buy him for christmas) was the Makuta Contest. I'll soon once again be removed from my large parts collection, and I needed some pieces from Stormy. However I fully intend to rebuild him once the entry pictures of my Makuta MOC are taken.

It's been said many times, but goodbye, Bionicle G2. You will be missed, and I'll never stop hoping for G3 to come.

• Upvote 2

Nice! I'd really like the music from the webisodes, but this works too!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

These are really cool, thank you for sharing.  Is there a way to download these?  I am unfamiliar with sound cloud so I have no idea.

Really awesome find with the soundtrack demoes! I love that the composer is open with sharing the themes from Journey to One. They sound great!

I managed to pick up Storm Beast and Lava Beast today. They really do look better in person than they do in the promo shots. Both can achieve excellent poses, and I love the builds and play features for each, especially Storm Beast. A lot of the design choices worked out, but I still have big gripes with some aspects, like the jaw. It just... it just doesn't work. And Lava Beast's head design in particular is pretty awful.

I'm going to order the rest of the sets from Toys R Us. I can't find them anywhere else and I'm worried I won't get a chance to pick them up if I wait too long.

In other news, I managed to pick up a second LoSS - I'm on my way to gaining the sets needed to create Makuta! Hopefully I can build a Mask Maker variation with the remaining pieces as well.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

With the exception of a small handful of characters, I completely took apart majority of the sets and put them in separate sandwich bags. Shelf space is getting limited in my room and with the series having ended, I decided there was no real need to having every set out. It makes me wish there were better ways to store amiibo as well.

I managed to pick up Storm Beast and Lava Beast today. They really do look better in person than they do in the promo shots.

I feel like this has been the theme of Bionicle G2. IMO, nearly every single set has looked far more impressive in-person than rendered. Not sure what it is, but I'm always nervous when I see the box and thrilled once I'm holding it.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

With the end of Bionicle (again) do you think Lego will do anything like bringing Hero Factory back?

I really hope not...

Honestly, I see Nexo Knights or (eugh) Ninjago getting a constraction line added to them. What I wish would happen, however, would be mixing CCBS with system in order to create Exo Force 2.0. I would buy that right up.

I don't imagine LEGO looking to reintroduce Hero Factory.  If they weren't able to keep BIONICLE going as a constraction-only IP I don't see why Hero Factory would fare any better.

If this is an issue with waning interest in constraction as a whole, I imagine them taking the route of having some constraction sets based on other successful IPs.  We've already gotten two waves of Star Wars figures, and Ninjago was successful enough to go evergreen, so those seem like prime candidates.  Maybe we'll see some Rogue One figures, or maybe they'll only be for the sequel trilogy films.  A Rogue One wave would be a good excuse to release a classic Stormtrooper figure, though.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I don't imagine LEGO looking to reintroduce Hero Factory.  If they weren't able to keep BIONICLE going as a constraction-only IP I don't see why Hero Factory would fare any better.

If this is an issue with waning interest in constraction as a whole, I imagine them taking the route of having some constraction sets based on other successful IPs.  We've already gotten two waves of Star Wars figures, and Ninjago was successful enough to go evergreen, so those seem like prime candidates.  Maybe we'll see some Rogue One figures, or maybe they'll only be for the sequel trilogy films.  A Rogue One wave would be a good excuse to release a classic Stormtrooper figure, though.

I haven't heard anything about Ninjago constraction, but I do know that we are getting figures for Rogue One.

Edited by Rakrondewl