OFFICIAL 2016 Bionicle Topic

Makaru

I got Kopaka and Melum as an anniversary gift from my wife today (she's definitely the one) and while I see where most of the criticisms came from, I think they're a solid set. Melum may be a tad threadbare compared to the other creatures, but he's really cute and the hugging function works really well. My main gripes there are the really short legs and how oddly the arms can be posed. As for Kopaka, the jumbled color scheme doesn't end up being much of an issue in person, and while the two odd bits of gold on his legs when not unified with Melum are a bit distracting, the whole character overall looks fantastic. I'm definitely a fan of the upper arms/shoulders. While those metru blue shells add to the messiness of the color scheme, I am glad to have them. 

So far, I think they're the only pair from 2016 who look better apart than they do when unified, though if I get them I might think the same of Onua and Terak, since their unification is basically the same. 

I'm slowly but surely adding to my G2 collection. I've been trying to get a hold of Uniter Tahu, but there are only 2-3 of them in the entire country and their prices skyrocketed, making him the most expensive G2 set still available. Compared to the 4000-5000 Ft retail price he went for upon release, the cheapest now is 12000 Ft. 

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

• 4 years later...
On 9/18/2017 at 8:28 PM, Pohaturon said:

I'm slowly but surely adding to my G2 collection. I've been trying to get a hold of Uniter Tahu, but there are only 2-3 of them in the entire country and their prices skyrocketed, making him the most expensive G2 set still available. Compared to the 4000-5000 Ft retail price he went for upon release, the cheapest now is 12000 Ft. 

:kakama:

Did you ever get the Tahu Uniter? If so, I'm curious what you think of it & if it was worth it. I've been looking at picking one up myself recently!