How the Piraka's defeat the Toa Nuva?

Only been a Bionicle fan after Hero Factory discontinued, I love the 2015 Bionicle sets and curious about the Gen 1 storyline. I already knew all the story in Gen 1 and I think the story itself is excellent. But when I discover the storyline of 2006, I find out that the Toa Nuva has been defeated by the Piraka gang. Next the Toa Inika's defeat the Piraka gang while they're lacking in experience to been a Toa. Now the question that bother me about the 2006 storyline is how the Piraka's defeat the Toa Nuva while the Toa Nuva are stronger than them. What make it more annoying it the Toa Inika's successfully defeat the Piraka gang while the Toa Nuva are way more powerful than them. Anyone who know the answer to this question?

Part of it was due to the whole "story follows sets" deal. The sets were the Inika, so the Nuva couldn't take the spotlight.

In-story, though. A good reason is that BECAUSE the Nuva were more experienced, more powerful, and just generally better, they were overconfident. They believed themselves to be powerful enough to outdo their new foes. But they were taken by surprise. Six well-trained Dark Hunters of a race that the Nuva had never encountered before proved to be more than they expected. By then, it was too late.

The Inika, on the other hand, had help. The Voya Nui Resistance Team, led by Garan, had intel on the Piraka. They had witnessed the Skakdi scheme and plot, and do battle with the Nuva. The Matoran were able to tell the Inika exactly what powers the Piraka possessed, what weaknesses they might have, and helped them get a head-start on the Piraka's plans.

The Nuva had none of this, and so they failed to beat the Piraka.

• Upvote 8

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Part of it was due to the whole "story follows sets" deal. The sets were the Inika, so the Nuva couldn't take the spotlight.

In-story, though. A good reason is that BECAUSE the Nuva were more experienced, more powerful, and just generally better, they were overconfident. They believed themselves to be powerful enough to outdo their new foes. But they were taken by surprise. Six well-trained Dark Hunters of a race that the Nuva had never encountered before proved to be more than they expected. By then, it was too late.

The Inika, on the other hand, had help. The Voya Nui Resistance Team, led by Garan, had intel on the Piraka. They had witnessed the Skakdi scheme and plot, and do battle with the Nuva. The Matoran were able to tell the Inika exactly what powers the Piraka possessed, what weaknesses they might have, and helped them get a head-start on the Piraka's plans.

The Nuva had none of this, and so they failed to beat the Piraka.

...Aaaaaaand, i have nothing left to add.

Other than Axxon helped the Inika as well.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I seem to recall the Inika were beaten by the Piraka when descending to the chamber of life. It was only because Vezon got there before everyone and beat the Piraka in the chamber of life that the Inika had a chance to regroup. Even then, they only beat Vezon temporarily because of the special zamor Axonn gave them.

• Upvote 1

I seem to recall the Inika were beaten by the Piraka when descending to the chamber of life. It was only because Vezon got there before everyone and beat the Piraka in the chamber of life that the Inika had a chance to regroup. Even then, they only beat Vezon temporarily because of the special zamor Axonn gave them.

That's right that's right, I forget how powerful skakdi tend to be.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I was under the impression that at least part of it, in addition to what T1Shadow said, was that it was the Inika's destiny to defeat the Piraka/retrieve the Ignika/revive Mata Nui, while the Toa Nuva's destiny wasn't to do that, and that's why they failed. But maybe I'm misremembering things :shrugs: 

• Upvote 1

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

By using the nystical and powerful element of "plot", that's how. Nobody found the Mask of Plot, or the Kanohi Narrativ, in G1. Even Teridax failed. However, it still waits to be found....

• Upvote 1

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

In addition to what everyone else has said, I like to add something Greg always said when asked about battles like this: every battle between so and so is unpredictable. Even if the Toa Nuva knew all of the Piraka's powers and how to beat them, they still could've lost to them due to unforeseen circumstances that might've happened in the battle.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

didn't the ignika have those lightning powers that made all the difference? 

*Inika

And yes, but they still weren't as juiced up as the Nuva. No other Toa is. The lightning was just a side-effect, and only served them well in like one battle (thei initial meeting with Vezok, as I recall). The lightning wasn't what helped--it was knowledge of their enemy. 

Another thing that I may have forgotten was that the Nuva first trained with Hydraxon, and then fought off mindless beasts, super-cleaning-bots, and slugs driving metal lizard suits. Before their thousands of years of sleep, they fought the Avohka, which were just sentient lightning bolts. The Nuva never had much more than a few months of battle against "collective villains."

The Inika, you'll recall, were comprised of an experienced engineer, two military leaders, two incredible athletes, and a Turaga's aid who knew almost everything the Turaga knew. With the additional help of Garan and Co, as well as Axonn, their collective skill would have outmatched their own powers. You'll recall that Jaller primarily relied on tactics, while Nuparu preferred to use his smarts to outwit his foes. The Nuva did not have centuries of experience in any of those areas.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Everything that's been said before helped, but the real gamechanger was that the Toa Inika were able to block all of the Piraka's attacks, while the Toa Nuva couldn't because their elbows didn't bend, obviously.

• Upvote 9

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Any given day, the best team on paper can choke.

Plus, at that point, the Toa Nuva had limited experience, while the Piraka were former Dark Hunters (who were bad enough to escape that organization alive). Up to that point, the Toa Nuva had only faced Rahi (average wildlife), Bohrok (swarms which require different tactics from six assassins), Rahkshi (who also trounced the Toa until they got used to them; after that Rahkshi were just mooks), and whatever Hydraxon had them fight when he trained them, and they couldn't remember that.

Edited by Lon'qu
How well will you die?

I'm also pretty sure they'd never been to Voya Nui before, so it was completely new terrain to them. Same for the Inika, true, but they had the help of Garan & co.

Didn't Garan's gang free the Nuva, somehow? From this all, I'm kind of left wondering how they managed to do that when six quite powerful Toa couldn't beat the Piraka.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Didn't Garan's gang free the Nuva, somehow? From this all, I'm kind of left wondering how they managed to do that when six quite powerful Toa couldn't beat the Piraka.

Garan and his group did free the Toa Nuva from the Piraka's Antidermis Zamor Spheres by using Energized Protodermis-filled Zamor Spheres on him. The Toa Inika had same kind of Zamor Spheres, but they had to go down the stairway after the Piraka to get the Mask of Life. That left it up to the Voya Nui Matoran to find and free the Toa Nuva.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Story-wise, it mainly was the hubris of the Toa Nuva, plus for being powerful Toa, they are severely ignorant to the world they live in. The passives and alternate powers of the Piraka caught them by surprise and they were defeated. 

Plus getting protodites inside your muscles can really take you out of the game.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell