LEGO BIONICLE vs LEGO Technic - Hit the Slopes

tn_15_11_04_hit-the-slopes.png

Count this towards the most hilarious cross-promotions LEGO has done in a recent time. What happens when Kopaka meets the LEGO Technic Tracked Pickup Truck? What, is that even possible? Turns out it is because with LEGO, the possibilities are endless. Check out the 30-second stop-motion animation on LEGO's Twitter feed and find out!

View the full article

• Upvote 6

I'm loving the concept. Nothing says Irony like the Master of Ice getting covered in snow with a truck that is faster through snow than him.

Well, at least he didn't slip this time.

• Upvote 3

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I almost feel like this is symbolic of how Lego has been treating Bionicle this year.

Too mean?

I don't think LEGO has treated BIONICLE badly at all, but the video does reflect the opinions of some AFOLs, by showing the more complex technic-based set outclassing the simpler. I think it's a funny (if perhaps unintentional) reference.

Edited by Kumquat

I wish I hadn't noticed Kopaka's chestplate add-on being upside-down, because that's going to bother me forever.  :P But anyway, that was pretty funny. I wonder how long it's going to be before we see the Toa riding vehicles again...

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I almost feel like this is symbolic of how Lego has been treating Bionicle this year.

Too mean?

I thought it was mocking how Lego has advertised the new Toa: "I am Toa _____, Master of ____. It's my destiny to defeat evil." Kopaka is making the same kind of monologue, except it's supposed to be serious in his character promotions and funny here. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I wonder how long it's going to be before we see the Toa riding vehicles again...

Whenever he can finally get himself "one of those" :u

...What if it's foreshadowing vehicle sets?

I wouldn't mind if Journey to One also had some protectors/villagers with their vehicles/beasts as secondary protagonists and sold them as sets (kinda like the Jaller/Gukko set).

SH0Gxlo.png

Well  my 8297 Off-Roader is often driven by one of my Voya-Matoran figures... If only Kopaka could fit inside we would have a perfect crossover :) 

Also is that a new official Lego depiction of a use for Kopaka's skis? I guess they do triple duty as skis, ice picks, and a shield these days...

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Does anyone think Kopaka's voice kind of sounds like the Narrator's voice but he is really straining it? 

Regardless, I thought the video was humorous. Now we just need to see videos of Lewa being owned by a plane, Gali owned by a boat, Onua owned by a giant drill, and Pohatu owned by Batman, and we could name it 'The Toa get Owned' collection. :P

(I would include Tahu in this, but I don't know what he could get owned by in his environment.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

They built Kopaka wrong (his chestplate is upside down).

They did the same with Tahu in a store display.

Seeing as BIONICLE was technically a technic subtheme back in the day, this feels more like a homecoming than a crossover.

"Hey, remember how back when Bionicle started it was a subtheme?"

"Yeah, whatever happened to them?"

"Hey, let's make a crossover between them to show where they are now!"

"Great idea!"

(I would include Tahu in this, but I don't know what he could get owned by in his environment.)

Kai, the REAL master of Fire.

How exactly have they been treating it badly?

He's probably referring to Bionicle Gen 2's lack of TV show, decent story material, and advertising/promotional material. 

It appears that LEGO doesn't seem to have much faith in the line so far. Though hopefully the upcoming Netflix show will help the theme a bit.

Did BIONICLE G1 have a TV show?

I think you can't really blame LEGO for not risking it all from the outset for a niche theme. Apart from big-band themes like Ninjago, Chima and Nexo Knights, BIONICLE has been getting more than any other LEGO theme, including eight(!) 14-karat gold masks.

• Upvote 3

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

How exactly have they been treating it badly?

He's probably referring to Bionicle Gen 2's lack of TV show, decent story material, and advertising/promotional material. 

It appears that LEGO doesn't seem to have much faith in the line so far. Though hopefully the upcoming Netflix show will help the theme a bit.

Did BIONICLE G1 have a TV show?

I think you can't really blame LEGO for not risking it all from the outset for a niche theme. Apart from big-band themes like Ninjago, Chima and Nexo Knights, BIONICLE has been getting more than any other LEGO theme, including eight(!) 14-karat gold masks.

G1 may have not had a TV show, but it had TONS of promotional material and plenty of advertising. It also got a bunch of movies, comics and well made promo videos. None of which are present in G2. It may be getting more than most themes, but I feel if LEGO gave it closer to what the themes you mentioned have, it would overall be more solid of a theme. Ninjago of course has the budget it has due to becoming extremely popular since it was introduced, with the TV show getting three times more episodes per season than season 1 did, however Nexo Knights is a brand new theme, and it already has a TV show and it sounds like LEGO is going to give it plenty of care, so it's unfortunate that Bionicle (a new theme that had a very positive history in it's previous incarnation and also saved LEGO from bankruptcy) doesn't get quite what it deserves. Even simply hiring voice actors for the characters in the animations would be a big step in the right direction, as the voices (or voice, rather) have been quite the turnoff for many people regarding the animations, Bionicle's main source of story material at this time.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

LEGO: here's a funny video

BIONICLE fans: OH YAY TIME TO OVERANALYZE IT

G1 may have not had a TV show, but it had TONS of promotional material and plenty of advertising. It also got a bunch of movies, comics and well made promo videos. None of which are present in G2.

What movies?  At this point in G1 we've only had a few online flash animations.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

LEGO: here's a funny video

BIONICLE fans: OH YAY TIME TO OVERANALYZE IT

G1 may have not had a TV show, but it had TONS of promotional material and plenty of advertising. It also got a bunch of movies, comics and well made promo videos. None of which are present in G2.

What movies?  At this point in G1 we've only had a few online flash animations.

Mask of Light, Legends of Metru Nui, Web of Shadows and The Legend Reborn. 

Yes, the original comment was overanalyzing, but was rather humerous. 

Anyway, this discussion is going a bit off-topic don't you think?

Edited by -Chronix Master of Stuff-

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Mask of Light, Legends of Metru Nui, Web of Shadows and The Legend Reborn.

... were in the third, fourth, fifth, and ninth years of G1. The idea that G2 is lacking so many aspects of G1 makes no sense when at this point in the theme's life G1 didn't have those things either.
  • Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

**ahem**

I was more amused by the fact that Bionicle used to be Technic, and now there's a "vs" video between them. :P

Tsk tsk, Bionicle, leaving your family too soon.

You're a bit late, BIONICLE left Technic in 2002.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

**ahem**

I was more amused by the fact that Bionicle used to be Technic, and now there's a "vs" video between them. :P

Tsk tsk, Bionicle, leaving your family too soon.

You're a bit late, BIONICLE left Technic in 2002.

I know, I'm joking lol. It seems kind of funny that it was initially connected to Technic at all, actually. Early on when the sets were more Technic-centric, though, it makes sense.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

• 1 month later...