Consolidating a Few Species

SPIRIT

Should the following characters be the same species?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In reference to 777stairs's topic.  Read that for details on why he thinks these characters should be the same species.

For reference, here are their BS01 pages: Tyrant, The Shadowed One, Ancient, Conjurer.

Apparently this has Greg's seal of approval so may democracy prevail in this matter.

Please forward all questions and inquiries to @777stairs.

Edited by SPIRIT
  • Upvote 2

1. Yes.
  2. Yes.
  3. No.

I hope G2 Bionicle has polls like these later down the line. :D

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

1. No

2. Yes

3. No

Just to clarify my position on number 3, I do believe that The Shadowed One and Ancient are members of the same species; however, since the phrase 'Should all four be the same species?' implies(states, really) that Conjurer should also be included in TSO's species, which is something I don't support.  So, in summary: TSO, Ancient, and Tyrant are the same species, and Conjurer isn't a part of them.

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

1. Yes

2. No

3. No

I say yes to number 1 because The Shadowed One and Conjurer look suspiciously similar to each other, though Conjurer doesn't apear to have a tail (that he would use as a back leg) that doesn't mean that they could be the same species, or at the vary least close relatives.

As for Tyrant and Ancient, though they do share rahkshi head, and relatively wide, and have tails, they have distinct characteristics that make me question if they should be the same species, for one thing their bodies, though similar are completely different, ancients arms are far out and bulky, whilst Tyrants are farther in, lower by a bit, and thinner, he also appears to have large tusks, along with this, their tails are completely different to each other.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

Apparently this has Greg's seal of approval so may democracy prevail in this matter.

See here

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/715

and here for Greg

https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/td-p/6605180/page/735

plus some conversation farther back.

*panting*

And about one thing I know people will say

The Shadowed One is no stranger to cutting off limbs/extremities/other body parts. In Time Trap on page 24 he said “I believe enough hands have been removed this year.” Given Conjurer’s characteristics, it would make sense that TSO cut off his tail as punishment, so the whole tail thing is not an issue. Had it been TSO who had his tail gone, it would require more hurtles, but as it is, it's not a problem.

Yes, I directly quoted myself from the other topic.

As always, I encourage everyone to please read through all arguments for and against this both here and in the other topic before making a decision. Thanks again SPIRIT for starting this poll.

Edited by 777stairs

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes !?

Obviously, these are contradictory answers.  I voted yes to three to record that I want The Shadowed One and Ancient to be of the same species.

So, to clarify, I want two species: 
1. The Shadowed One, Ancient, and Tyrant
2. Conjurer 

Conjurer just doesn't seem to fit with the others.

• Upvote 1

I have always been against fans dictating what is canon or not, regardless of the circumstances around it or what it may be(Bionicle, Star Wars, etc.). This should be decided by the story team, whomever they are, and if they say yes, it is a yes. 

Just to reiterate what I said in the other topic, Ancient and the Shadowed One are already the same species.
The original Greg quote about it was probably in one of the old Official Greg topics which are now lost, but BS01 still lists them as the same species, and has ever since the page was created in 2012.
What Greg had said was that not all species have to look exactly the same. Toa are pretty diverse in terms of their builds, and they pare part of a species that is even more so.

Even if this weren't so, I still agree with the sentiment, and would vote for all four anyway. Any character with two arms, two legs, a tail (or plausible explaination for the lack of one) and a monstery face with no mask may as well be the same species.

Edited by Takhamavahu

Farshtey Feed February 2010:

"Ancient and The Shadowed One are of the same species. Greg: "Well, you and I are the same species, but probably look very different and may have totally different skills. Every member of a species does not look alike or have exactly the same powers all the time." "
http://www.bzpower.com/board/blog/59/entry-79850-farshtey-feed-p261-265/

Edited by Takhamavahu
  • Upvote 3

I voted for "Stop Changing the Canon" on all of them. I like to think that with the Gen 2 underway, that all the nitpicking details of Gen 1 will be left to rest for the time being. If anything we should have a poll asking if Protectors and Toa are the same species, thats a myster we have yet to have answered! 

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I voted for "Stop Changing the Canon" on all of them. I like to think that with the Gen 2 underway, that all the nitpicking details of Gen 1 will be left to rest for the time being. If anything we should have a poll asking if Protectors and Toa are the same species, thats a myster we have yet to have answered! 

I will  be sure to note that. :)

By the way, just to reiterate, by saying you vote to have any two or all four merged, I'm going to assume you also agree to the supporting ideas along the way. Like if you think Ancient and Tyrant should be merged, ultimately Ancient left and found an island of his own, harboring thoughts to conquer more later. Or if you support TSO and Conjurer merging, Conjurer did the same thing as Tyrant, and he later on had his tail cut off as punishment by TSO--those sorts of things.

Seriously though, the whole reason I got all of this rolling is because I have seen plenty of complaints about how many races and species there are in the MU. As it is, I think these are the easiest creatures to merge physically, biographically, and characteristically, as many of the others would require far more of gymnastics.

Edited by 777stairs
  • Upvote 1