If they made a new G1 Bionicle movie, who would you cast?

Erasmus Graves

Imagine:

You are the casting director of a multi-million dollar Bionicle film series, ranging from story arcs 2001-2011 and their spinoffs (serials, podcasts etc.)

You have access to the whole of the acting world, whether they be minor players with bit roles on TV or major Hollywood legends (living or dead).

Your budget to hire is unlimited.

Who would you cast to voice whom?

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Well, Hugh Jackman's gotta be Pohatu, obviously. 

I'm tempted to go with Idris Elba as Kopaka... 

And, said it before, will say it again: David Tennant as Lewa. There's so many different interpretations of Lewa in the canon, from Hapka's innocent, hyperactive cinnamon roll baby to Farshtey's gleeful snarker to Mask of Light's soft-spoken flying hippie, and of course all the dark-Lewas that happen when Onua leaves him alone for five minutes. Tennant could probably blend all of those together into one believable character, and top it all off with a lovely Scottish accent.

Will add more later, those are just the ones that immediately spring to mind...

• Upvote 8

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Am I the only one that would want Nolan North as Lewa? David Tennant is still an excellent choice, but I'm more prone to Nathan Drake as the Toa of Air. What else do we have here...

James Earl Jones as Teridax. I absolutely loathed the voice Teridax was given in Mask of Light and I desperately need a change. I like my Teridax methodical, smooth-talking and intimidating. I mean, who else could say this, "I am the ground you walk on ... the air you breathe. No longer must I fight you to rule a Universe. I AM the Universe!" more convincingly than James Earl Jones himself?

Bill Nighy as Vakama.

Cate Blanchett as Nokama.

Vincent Tong as Jaller, actually. 

Benedict Cumberbatch as Turaga Dume. I know it's a little off-topic from classical Bionicle, but he has to be somewhere.

Now, I just need a voice actor for Vezon... can't think of one right now...

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ooh! Russell Brand as Vezon! We need that kind of manic, verbose lunacy for Vezon.

I will admit, I shrugged at first, but he is just the perfect lunatic for a insane character like Vezon. Brand always just has so much energy and wit that could be easily carried over to Bionicle's signature maniac. There would have to be a fair bit of vocal and manneristic differentiation between Russell Brand the-guy-who-sounds-like-a-radio-show-host and Russell Brand the Skakdi, but I'm up for it.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

< -< =<o>= >- >

Benedict Cumberbatch as Turaga Dume. I know it's a little off-topic from classical Bionicle, but he has to be somewhere.

^Yes. He could do a voice of both Dume the Wise Leader, and Teridax Pretending to be Dume oh so well.

Rob Paulsen in as a brief cameo from Taipu. If Taipu's supervisor is voiced by Maurice LaMarche, all the better ;)

Takua/Takanuva: Chris Evans.

Mata Nui: Michael Dorn again! (Let's face it, he's the only reason to watch TLR)

Zahkatan: Mark Hamill.

Vezok: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Ahkomou: the narrator from 2015 (it would make us hate Ahkomou even more!)

Matau: Eddie Murphy (think Donkey or Mushu and not Daddy Day Care...)

Lewa: Chris Pratt (LEGO Movie connection...)

Vakama: Morgan Freeman (again LEGO Movie: but just imagine that voice saying "Gather around, to hear the tale of the Bionicle..." Oh yeah!)

I need some ideas for Gali, Nokama, and Hahli. I'd want them to have excellent actors.

Edited by Xboxtravis
  • Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

I'm going to go ahead and cast some of the main players in 2006 here:

Peter Dinklage as Matoro

Martin Freeman as Kongu

Nathan Fillion as Nuparu

Gary Oldman as Zaktan

I'm having a bit of a mind blank at the moment, so I need castings for Hahli, Hewkii, Jaller, Axonn and Brutaka.

< -< =<o>= >- >

< -< =<o>= >- >

You've got some great suggestions here guys. 

Here are some of mine:

John Hurt as Turaga Dume (though Benedict Cumberbatch would be a great Teridax)

Christopher Lee (sadly R.I.P) as Antroz

Jonathan Keeble as Mutran

Colin Firth as Chirox

Derek Jacobi as Turaga Whenua

• Upvote 1

James Earl Jones as Teridax. I absolutely loathed the voice Teridax was given in Mask of Light and I desperately need a change. I like my Teridax methodical, smooth-talking and intimidating. I mean, who else could say this, "I am the ground you walk on ... the air you breathe. No longer must I fight you to rule a Universe. I AM the Universe!" more convincingly than James Earl Jones himself?

Teridax's voice in Mask of Light was the single best part for me as a kid. I thought Lee Tockar was perfect for the role, but I guess someone with a low voice like James Earl Jones could pull off Teridax, as long as it didn't sound too much like darth-vader...

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Teridax's voice in Mask of Light was the single best part for me as a kid. I thought Lee Tockar was perfect for the role, but I guess someone with a low voice like James Earl Jones could pull off Teridax, as long as it didn't sound too much like darth-vader...

Darth Vader's voice was doctored to give it more of a mechanical echo and monotone, and James Earl Jones is a seasoned voice actor. He's got a lot to offer in terms of characters and voices and could flesh out Teridax to give him his heir of deception and method that I haven't really seen portrayed faithfully in the films. Let's face it, Teridax was a bit of an idiot in Legends of Metru Nui whilst Teridax in everything else was a master strategist and extremely intelligent, albeit clouded by arrogance.

I still do admire Lee Tockar's interpretation of Teridax, I'll give him that. He portrayed 2003's Teridax excellently as a shadowed puppeteer with unspeakable power, but that interpretation doesn't match 2008's Teridax all too well. By then, he was a feared and respected strategist and manipulator that became far more proactive and menacing once he became Antidermis. In my humble opinion, that's my favourite kind of Teridax.

Edited by Professor Turnip
  • Upvote 2

< -< =<o>= >- >

< -< =<o>= >- >

Darth Vader's voice was doctored to give it more of a mechanical echo and monotone, and James Earl Jones is a seasoned voice actor. He's got a lot to offer in terms of characters and voices and could flesh out Teridax to give him his heir of deception and method that I haven't really seen portrayed faithfully in the films. Let's face it, Teridax was a bit of an idiot in Legends of Metru Nui whilst Teridax in everything else was a master strategist and extremely intelligent, albeit clouded by arrogance.

I still do admire Lee Tockar's interpretation of Teridax, I'll give him that. He portrayed 2003's Teridax excellently as a shadowed puppeteer with unspeakable power, but that interpretation doesn't match 2008's Teridax all too well. By then, he was a feared and respected strategist and manipulator that became far more proactive and menacing once he became Antidermis. In my humble opinion, that's my favourite kind of Teridax.

True, and there's no way the people working on Mask of Light could've predicted the character evolution Teridax would be getting in 2008. It would've been great to have had a movie for 2006. Seeing the Antidermis speak to Brutaka would've been chillingly creepy and awesome.

• Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Russell Brand would be the perfect Vezon.

I reckon Diego Matamoros would be a good Hakann - he can convey the brag, bullying and acerbic wit hiding a deep-seated malevolence pretty well. 

Personally, I think Jack Nicholson would make a great Karzahni...

• Upvote 1

Can't make a list atm , but George Lopez for Makuta

"I gave up a millennium ago; they're just far too simple minded. It's as if they actually require a soul of immoral energy to guide them. They only listen to their false idols and these so called 'geniuses' who claim to have a more complex understanding of life, rather than a man who offers nothing but a chance for amelioration. Everyone's too distracted by the concept of 'freedom' that they forgot what the true purpose of life is.

But when you care too much... and rebuke... and rebuke... and rebuke... yet you fail to mend due to in denial fools, you give up. Give up and watch them crumble."

that's The Khan for ya.

Google Plus

prototype mocs

1st Associative Vegeta

Shia LaBeouf as Takanuva.

"Now let's see what's behind that effort!"

Just do it! Make your dreams come true!- Takanuva yelling at Jaller.

Takanuva: "You're gonna work hard at it and get to the point where anyone else would give up! Just do it!"

Tahu: "Don't encourage the enemy!"

Teridax: "No, he's right! I've been slacking off, but no more!"

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

I think Morgan Freeman would make a great Artahka. Back in the day, Charlton Heston was the 'God' voice of Hollywood. Nowadays, it's Morgan Freeman. Who but he could voice Artakha?  

Robert Downey Jr as Lewa? YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Matoro: Put on the Mask of Life and die? No way. I'm a Turaga's translator, I'm to unimportant to get killed off!

Inside his head...

Takanuva: C'mon, Matoro, don't be like that.

Matoro: Nope nope nope (turns to escape)

Takanuva: You'll never be forgotten! You'll be a star that burns forever (even when you're dead... I guess). JUST DO IT!!! Make all your dreams come true!!!

Matoro: Whoa there buddy, I reckon so...

I'll cast some people for the Mahri arc:

Hydraxon: Jeremy Irons. Because... he'd make a great Hydraxon.

Nocturn: Ray Winstone (he'd be perfect, able to play the thug with a bit of bestial cunning on the side).

Edited by Erasmus Graves