Official Ultimate Bionicle Checklists: 2016 Edition

Ektris

Welcome back! With a new year's worth of sets starting to be revealed, there's finally work to be done on the lists again.

To use them, simply click on the list you want below to open the full-sized version, open it in any image editing program, and fill in the boxes using the colors from the indices.

Sets

6898018113_0b950e600a_b.jpg

Masks

Individual Kanohi and Masks of Power

15676603033_70d00fffae_b.jpg

Krana

16109123850_07bd5d8ce6_c.jpg

Kraata

16296484655_f3d42d3cb8_c.jpg

Kanoka

15676602463_aebc565585.jpg

Rhotuka

15674069244_0574209d6c.jpg

Mask-like

16109123640_c852cfedfa.jpg

Back Up Links

Can't see the above images or the links aren't working? Try here:

Examples

For some examples of them in use, here are my lists:

I hope you all find them as useful as I do. :)

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Where'd you get the 2016 set pictures without the confidential watermark? Or did someone decide to let you off the hook?

Well, there was a whole news story on the front page about how the official images were found on the LEGO website. Everyone's been talking about it all day. :P

• Upvote 3

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Always good to see this updated.  Thanks for working on it!  I wonder if the creature heads are going to be considered heads or masks in-story...  Also, it might be worth trying to find a better image of the Gold Skull Mask.  It looks almost gunmetal on the right side of the current image.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

Yup - here, to be exact. So no, Ektris did not necessarily buy me a latte in exchange for forgiveness. :P

It's good to see this project make a return with the debut of the new sets. I think we can call this topic official for now, so there will be no need to start a new one if it's inactive by the summer wave.

Thank you! :) I was actually going to ask Makaru for permission to just revive the old one, but just reposting was faster heh..

Always good to see this updated.  Thanks for working on it!  I wonder if the creature heads are going to be considered heads or masks in-story...  Also, it might be worth trying to find a better image of the Gold Skull Mask.  It looks almost gunmetal on the right side of the current image.

I was also going to make my next post ask about those haha. I haven't updated the mask lists yet because I wasn't sure about what to do with them. (And not having good shots of the non-gold Uniter masks... plus no frontal view of Tahu's for some reason... Or Umarak's... Plus one of the creature's... Okay there's a couple of reasons.) Right now they seem more like just heads.

Good call on the gold mask. I'll try and find something. If only they had released it here like I had hoped and I could just take a picture of one I own, since I'd have definitely gotten it, but alas they did not so it's something I've not tried to really get.

Edit: Oh jeeze I just noticed I have the bottom skull mask row really messed up. They don't line up at all. My bad! That'll get fixed in the next upload. They might get rearranged a bit, however, as I like the idea of the Mask of Control being next to the Mask of Creation.

Edited by Ektris

E-T... Phone home.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally uploaded a newer masks list. It's missing Kopaka's new gold mask, but hopefully that'll be filled in soon. I also elected to not yet include the Creatures until we really know more about them.

Unfortunately I also didn't include a new picture for the gold Kulta mask. Searches for a frontal view without it being on a set/MOC/anything else distracting kept bringing me to the same place. So if anyone has one to take a shot of (should just go buy the Villain Pack myself..), that'd be awesome.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

• 2 months later...

Collection newb question: What's grail mean?

I would assume that a "grail" is the same as a "holy grail," an item valued and wanted by many and owned by few or one.

They're generally subjective, as everyone wants something different; but generally, I would assume misprinted, mint, or exclusive items would count as such.

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Collection newb question: What's grail mean?

I would assume that a "grail" is the same as a "holy grail," an item valued and wanted by many and owned by few or one.

They're generally subjective, as everyone wants something different; but generally, I would assume misprinted, mint, or exclusive items would count as such.

Yep, your personal holy grail. The thing you want most. Just kind of a second level of "want." Seen here because the general template formula I mimicked originally used them heh.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

• 6 years later...

Sorry to drag this topic back up (hopefully the original poster is still here lol). For the Rhotuka, why is dark red and silver on there twice? The silver I could see as flat silver and pearl light gray, but I have no clue about the dark reds. I am not sure if they made both colors of silver since in my 90+ silver spinners, all are flat silver.  So my count is 21 colors. 

Rhotuka.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 11:49 PM, Matt Lipinski said:

Sorry to drag this topic back up (hopefully the original poster is still here lol). For the Rhotuka, why is dark red and silver on there twice? The silver I could see as flat silver and pearl light gray, but I have no clue about the dark reds. I am not sure if they made both colors of silver since in my 90+ silver spinners, all are flat silver.  So my count is 21 colors. 

Rhotuka.jpg

Haha wow. I got nostalgic thanks to the GWP and thought to check things out here. Can't believe I saw this revived.

I can't remember exactly why to be honest. My gut feeling is it's because those have variants that include a code printed on them and those that did not.

• Like 1

E-T... Phone home.

• 3 weeks later...

Shouldn't the LEGO Classic 11021 90 Years of Play set also count for the checklist? It's technically another LEGO theme, but it's literally representing a BIONICLE set within the set. Can't think of other examples like that except the Takanuva set we almost got with The LEGO Movie 2.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724