BBC Contest #72: Use the Force!

Black Six

Official BBC Contest #72: Use the Force!

It turns out that there's a new Star Wars movie coming out this month. Also, people seem to be pretty excited for it. In fact, there's been so much Star Wars hype and excitement that LEGO gave us a full set of the buildable action figures, signed by the set designers, and said, 'do something fun with them for your community.' So here we are, with me hosting this contest and you building something cool.

If you haven't figured it out yet, your challenge is to build something from the Star Wars universe using primarily LEGO constraction and Technic pieces. It could be a Clone Trooper or Luke Skywalker. Blaster pistol or lightsaber. Star Destroyer or X-Wing. And of course, don't forget about all those droids. Original Trilogy, Prequels, The Clone Wars, Rebels, The Force Awakens, Legends - it's all fair game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entries begin being accepted as soon as this topic is posted, and will stop being accepted on Sunday, December 20th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time. We will accept unlimited entries for this contest, so there's no need to rush your entry. To enter, simply submit your entry name and entry picture through this handy form!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A running tally of entrants will be updated daily IN A SEPARATE PINNED TOPIC, which will be posted shortly after the first entries are received.

Voting Process:

Preliminary Voting begins Decemeber 21st and ends December 23rd at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

Semifinal Voting begins December 24th and ends December 27th at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

Final Voting begins December 28th and ends December 31st at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.

The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on or about January 2nd.

Rules:

1) Your entry may not have been published prior to the start of this contest. You may make your own topic before submitting your entry through the official form, but you must submit through the form before the entry period ends in order to be officially entered. If, after posting your entry anywhere on BZP (including the blogs) but before officially entering it, you modify your creation and then enter it, you will be disqualified. You may only start one topic for your entry. You can post pictures as normal in your own separate thread. If you need help posting pictures, please see this topic.

2) Don't PM the contest host unless you have to. Ask questions in this topic and the host or an assistant will answer it.

3) Painted parts are NOT ALLOWED. No non-LEGO parts. All other LEGO parts are fair game; however, for the most part, they should be Bionicle pieces and Technic pieces. Let's say, at least 75% of the MOC should be Bionicle/Technic parts. Pictures in which the appearance of the MOC has been edited in Photoshop or other editing software are also prohibited. If either method is used, the MOC will be disqualified. The background may be edited, as long as it does not alter the appearance of the MOC.

4) Only one entry per member. You cannot switch or modify models mid contest. Once you have entered, you may not "un-enter" your models and enter new or modified ones in their stead. You may opt to bow out of the contest for whatever reason but you cannot reenter under such a situation. If you get disqualified for any reason, you will not be allowed to reenter with another MOC in that contest.

5) Any flaming will result in disqualification from the contest. Competition is good if you keep it clean. Everyone play fair, NO WHINING, no insults. I reserve the right to DQ any entry at any time for any reason.

6) Absolutely, positively NO CHEATING! Anyone found to be cheating or even suspected of cheating will face immediate disqualification from this contest and will be banned from participating in future contests. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT.

7) No "this is unfair" posting. Some people have more parts, money, time, birds, gigs left on your hard drive, etc than others. That's life; we each have to do our best with what we have. Any excessive complaining may, at the judgment of the contest runner, disqualify you!

8) Discussion is encouraged. Feel free to ask questions about models you see or about the contest in general. This is for us, the BBC builders; let's have some fun with it.

9) The contest is open to all BZP members, and voting is open to all BZP members to participate in even if they did not enter a MOC. "Advertising" your MOC is fine by making a signature or avatar reminding people to vote for you, but mass-PMing is frowned upon and will just get you disqualified. Advertising your MOC in someone else's thread is also a major no-no. Spamming may result in proto loss or other punishment, so don't do it.

Prizes:

• First place will receive 75112 General Grievous and first pick of 75107 Jango Fett, 75108 Clone Commander Cody, or 75110 Luke Skywalker, both signed by the set designers.
  • Second place will receive 75111 Darth Vader and second pick of 75107 Jango Fett, 75108 Clone Commander Cody, or 75110 Luke Skywalker, both signed by the set designers.
  • Third place will receive 75109 Obi-Wan Kenobi and third pick of 75107 Jango Fett, 75108 Clone Commander Cody, or 75110 Luke Skywalker, both signed by the set designers.
Additional prizes will be given randomly to members who vote in the polls. These will be announced at a later date.

Thanks to LEGO for the prizes, and thanks to the designers for signing them!

Contest Host:

Black Six

Okay, you made it to the end, now it's time to get building! May the Force be with you!

• Upvote 9

Legends is allowed? :D

Ohhhh boy the things I want to see from this... Will probably not happen because of lack of recognizability haha. Would kind of hurt one's chances unfortunately. Also the type of theme I'd like to enter but probably won't because time. Ah well, still looking forward to seeing the entries.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Despite getting disappointed every single time I enter a contest ever...

Sure why not? :P

EDIT: On seconds thought, I changed my mind. I don't feel like being disappointed... again.

Edited by Brickobotface
  • Upvote 1

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

Man, the timing almost couldn't be worse on this one. My winter break starts the 18th. Maybe I'll do a marathon build session to get something in, but I'm not sure I'll be able to finish. Either way, I'm pumped for Star Wars, so this should be fun.

Good luck to everyone.

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

Legends is allowed? :D

You bet. We'd love to see something from you!

what about old republic?

(please please please please please say yes)

Yes, that is considered Legends these days. If someone makes a Revan you will get my personal seal of approval. :P

yes!

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg