BZPower Secret Santa

-Windrider-

I guess I'll sign up. Is there a form I can refer to, or do I have to post a "Let me join!!!!111!!!one!!!" reply?

You're already in!

Edit: Winded. That was a pretty miserable failure on my part. :D

Edited by Shia DoRaouf

mindeth the cobwebs

I guess I'll sign up. Is there a form I can refer to, or do I have to post a "Let me join!!!!111!!!one!!!" reply?

You're already in!

Edit: Winded.

Excuse me dear sir, the term is "Kapura'd"

In this case, it's "Winded".

winded |ˈwɪndɪd|

adjective

having difficulty breathing because of exertion or a blow to the stomach. she wasn't really hurt, just winded.

Argument invalidated.

You're already in!

Edit: Winded.

Excuse me dear sir, the term is "Kapura'd"

In this case, it's "Winded".

winded |ˈwɪndɪd|

adjective

having difficulty breathing because of exertion or a blow to the stomach. she wasn't really hurt, just winded.

Argument invalidated.

1) Certain words have multiple meanings.

2) The keyword here is "joke", which perfectly describes my use of the word "winded".

mindeth the cobwebs

Quick question: whenever we post the gift, how should we notify who it's for? Put it in the topic title and PM the member a link?

I would PM no matter what, but having a notice in the topic's title or first post would be nice as well. You're not obligated to post on the forums (though I do encourage it), so I'd consider PMing the default way of notifying the recipient.

K, sounds good.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Are you planning on participating, -Windrider-?

Well, I'm not sure...would it ruin things, since I'm the one who's organizing and in the know on who's giving to who? How can I keep it a "Secret Santa" if I know who would give to me?

I'd love to, but I'm not sure...

Wouldn't really ruin anything, the only thing you need to do is not figure out who you're getting your gift by. In that specific scenario I would recommend perhaps handing the list off to another staff member who is not participating and having them randomize it. Then they can send you half the list back which does not contain who your secret santa is and you can continue your role of messaging the other people of who their secret santa is while being anonymous to your own. This would also allow you to have more of a break since the job is now split in half with the other staff member you had help you. The only "issue" is that you would be able to infer who your secret santa is mainly by who isn't on the list, but that would only be half of the people, which seems to be about 30. 

It's a possible solution which leaves your secret santa as being secret and makes your role of organizing the event as being halved. All at the expense of another member for Christmas Spirit.

~Soran

• Upvote 8
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Are you planning on participating, -Windrider-?

Well, I'm not sure...would it ruin things, since I'm the one who's organizing and in the know on who's giving to who? How can I keep it a "Secret Santa" if I know who would give to me?

I'd love to, but I'm not sure...

Wouldn't really ruin anything, the only thing you need to do is not figure out who you're getting your gift by. In that specific scenario I would recommend perhaps handing the list off to another staff member who is not participating and having them randomize it. Then they can send you half the list back which does not contain who your secret santa is and you can continue your role of messaging the other people of who their secret santa is while being anonymous to your own. This would also allow you to have more of a break since the job is now split in half with the other staff member you had help you. The only "issue" is that you would be able to infer who your secret santa is mainly by who isn't on the list, but that would only be half of the people, which seems to be about 30. 

It's a possible solution which leaves your secret santa as being secret and makes your role of organizing the event as being halved. All at the expense of another member for Christmas Spirit.

~Soran

Or, in a simpler way, you can give the list to The Black Six and allow him to assign you and everyone else. But as Soran said, it would get in the way because you probably (as Soran said :P) already know half of the people here. Then again, you could ask him to pair you up with someone you that you don't know as well

Edited by The Forgotten Chronicler
  • Upvote 3

72197956-EB80-4CAF-BB5C-D0D318A40095.jpeg.06500b6004773171b423d2a9714c6833.jpeg

In loving memory of our hero

I feel as though we should post something here about what we like/what we're currently doing on the forums, so we can get a better idea of what to make for each other. (Mostly thinking this because that's what my workplace did when we did a Secret Santa exchange.)

Anyone else think so?

-Inferna

• Upvote 4

I feel as though we should post something here about what we like/what we're currently doing on the forums, so we can get a better idea of what to make for each other. (Mostly thinking this because that's what my workplace did when we did a Secret Santa exchange.)

Anyone else think so?

-Inferna

This is indeed a really, really good idea. Maybe another topic or something for that, to not clog this up perhaps...?

• Upvote 2

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Not without some major formatting difficulties, all PMs have been sent. : P I think they're all fixed now.

I'll be sending out reminders about halfway through, too.

Anyone else think so?

-Inferna

I like this idea too.

• Upvote 3

Alright, unless -Windrider- makes an official topic, or says we can post the hints here, I've made a blog entry to act as our soundboard.

And here it is!

-Inferna

Edited by Inferna Firesword
  • Upvote 1

Ah, dangit, dangit! I was going to sign up for this. I should've just said something, but I was too busy working on a school project... oh well :P

Happy holidays everyone! It'll be interesting to see what everyone gets :)

--Akaku: Master of Flight

• Upvote 1

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

Too late to sign up?

I suppose it is, isn't it... Darn.

Ah, well. Too bad for me.

Ah, dangit, dangit! I was going to sign up for this. I should've just said something, but I was too busy working on a school project... oh well :P

If you guys want, I can find the spare time to make each of you something. It shouldn't be too much trouble. It won't be as special, but I'm willing to go for it if it'll make you a little happier.

• Upvote 2

mindeth the cobwebs

Alright, unless -Windrider- makes an official topic, or says we can post the hints here, I've made a blog entry to act as our soundboard.

And here it is!

-Inferna

The blog entry seems to have taken off, so I think we can keep things in there.

Too late to sign up?

I suppose it is, isn't it... Darn.

Ah, well. Too bad for me.

My apologies! But...

If you guys want, I can find the spare time to make each of you something. It shouldn't be too much trouble. It won't be as special, but I'm willing to go for it if it'll make you a little happier.

This is a good point, actually. While among this group of participants I'd like to keep things organized, you all can do a little gift-giving on your own, too!

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 1

This is a good point, actually. While among this group of participants I'd like to keep things organized, you all can do a little gift-giving on your own, too!

Yeah, nothing wrong with a little giving for fun, am I right? I'd be happy to do it.

• Upvote 1

mindeth the cobwebs

Awh, thanks Shia XD I might just make you a gift yourself for the gesture, I think!  :D  but don't sweat it if you find yourself short on time, like you said :P

And you raise a good point, Wind; Its been a long time since ive given gifts to BZPers, but its never too late to do so again, I think :)

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

Speaking of making gifts, I just spent the last several hours making this monstrosity for Akaku. I figured that since he didn't get a chance to participate in the Secret Santa this present isn't bound by the same rules as the other Secret Santa presents. So here's this, click at your own cost.

Akaku "Secret Santa" Present

What have I created...

~Soran

Ps: That image on the far right has got one of the best expressions I've made in a while.

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Speaking of making gifts, I just spent the last several hours making this monstrosity for Akaku. I figured that since he didn't get a chance to participate in the Secret Santa this present isn't bound by the same rules as the other Secret Santa presents. So here's this, click at your own cost.

Akaku "Secret Santa" Present

What have I created...

~Soran

Ps: That image on the far right has got one of the best expressions I've made in a while.

Link isn't working.

• Upvote 1