impersonating members

Voltex

Yes.

I know because I arranged an April Fools day joke where we switched profiles and signatures for a day, just not changed our names.

disappointing

While that would cover the maliciousness aspect, it would sure make things a hassle for both staff and peers, would it not?

Possibly? In this hypothetical scenario, the impersonator has a rather distinctive banner & post font+color that would remain the same, but that might not be enough.

Possibly? In this hypothetical scenario, the impersonator has a rather distinctive banner & post font+color that would remain the same, but that might not be enough.

Burnmad?

the "who" isn't important

just the "is it even allowed before the idea is considered with more finality"

From the BZP Rules and Guidelines:

Do not impersonate other members. Do no choose similar display names, copy the avatars, profile pictures, signatures, or other information of another member without their permission.

I think the key phrase here is "without their permission." That rule is there to prevent people from maliciously impersonating other members, so if the member in question trusts you enough to let you run amok in their image, then I don't see a problem.

But I'd stick around to let a more experienced staff member confirm that.

Edited by Eyru

Eyru is correct. The rule is designed to keep people from being malicious, not to prevent fun. If two or more people are in agreement to have some fun, then that's fine. Just be aware that if you do change your names for such a prank that the staff will not change them back afterwards and you'll have to wait the full 30/45/90 days.

Sound good Lucina?

• Upvote 1

Do not impersonate other members. Do no choose similar display names, copy the avatars, profile pictures, signatures, or other information of another member without their permission.

I think the key phrase here is "without their permission." That rule is there to prevent people from maliciously impersonating other members, so if the member in question trusts you enough to let you run amok in their image, then I don't see a problem.

Eyru is correct. The rule is designed to keep people from being malicious, not to prevent fun. If two or more people are in agreement to have some fun, then that's fine. Just be aware that if you do change your names for such a prank that the staff will not change them back afterwards and you'll have to wait the full 30/45/90 days.

Sound good Lucina?

Awesome! Thanks a bunch! That's my question answered, then. :)

Sound good Lucina?

Awesome! Thanks a bunch! That's my question answered, then. :)

I love the smell of a freshly-answered question in the morning!

but zatth it's 10 pm at n-

Question answered, topic closed!

• Upvote 9

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg