Jabba's Tortured Droid

Nescent

Oh geez, I always thought that was Eve's secretary desk. I guess I was wrong. Poor 2-1B :( I guess that's what he gets for being a bad translator. :P

Anyway, great work on this one! I like your creative builds for the droids; they really give off the piston-y vibe of some of the original trilogy droids. And you also slipped in some classic Bionicle feel with Eve's legs, they look like bigger Turaga legs. The whole thing reminds me of one of the Star Wars Technic builds from the early 2000's.

There's also nice attention to detail on the machine itself, you even included the little light! And, I don't remember exactly what happens, but looking at the shot from the film, the device is used to stretch out/crush the droid, correct? Does yours move as well?

Anyways, I'll definitely be voting for yours because obscure droids are a favorite of mine in the Star Wars world. Keep up the great work!

Oh geez, I always thought that was Eve's secretary desk. I guess I was wrong. Poor 2-1B :( I guess that's what he gets for being a bad translator. :P

Anyway, great work on this one! I like your creative builds for the droids; they really give off the piston-y vibe of some of the original trilogy droids. And you also slipped in some classic Bionicle feel with Eve's legs, they look like bigger Turaga legs. The whole thing reminds me of one of the Star Wars Technic builds from the early 2000's.

There's also nice attention to detail on the machine itself, you even included the little light! And, I don't remember exactly what happens, but looking at the shot from the film, the device is used to stretch out/crush the droid, correct? Does yours move as well?

Anyways, I'll definitely be voting for yours because obscure droids are a favorite of mine in the Star Wars world. Keep up the great work!

I used a lot of reference material to get in some of those little details, glad someone noticed. As I recall, in the movie the machine was stretching the droid apart. Mine can't do that, but the droid can wiggle around like he does in the movie.  :devil: Thanks for commenting.

I wouldn't have thought to build something like this, but you captured the scene well.  The little claws but in backwards for the eyes are great.

Thanks! Those little horn pieces were the only part I had that really worked for the eyes, so I had to get creative with them.

IetTsFQ.png

I love the EV9, but I feel like the 2-1B doesn't look very much like a 2-1B. Granted, part of that might be a result of the imperfections of available LEGO pieces.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I love the EV9, but I feel like the 2-1B doesn't look very much like a 2-1B. Granted, part of that might be a result of the imperfections of available LEGO pieces.

I had a lot of trouble getting the 2-1B right. I did the best that I could with the head and the limbs, but his body is pretty much a totally smooth, grey trapezoid, which I just couldn't figure out how to build. Hopefully the machine and the EV9 help to compensate for the inaccurate torso.

IetTsFQ.png

My only concern is the System-to-Technic parts ratio. All those plates seem to be pushing it a little...

It's not as much as it seems. But I'll let the Mods have the final say.

Anyways, the one thing that really seems off on this model is EV-9D9. The eyes seem incredibly far out of the head, and the shaping of the head is off as well. That being said, you did do a very good job on this MOC, and I wish you luck in the contest. ;)

I really like this. It obviously has a lot of work put into it, and you definitely did the best with the pieces available. I'm definitely going to vote for it.

My only concern is the System-to-Technic parts ratio. All those plates seem to be pushing it a little...

Thank you! I'll respect the mods' decision, but there shouldn't be too much System. The part count is like >90% Technic/Constraction, and the only System parts are on the out-most layer. But you're not the only one to have that concern, so, we'll see.

Anyways, the one thing that really seems off on this model is EV-9D9. The eyes seem incredibly far out of the head, and the shaping of the head is off as well. That being said, you did do a very good job on this MOC, and I wish you luck in the contest. ;)

The EV is definitely more derivative than the machine and the 2-1B. I couldn't get the droid's beady little eyes to look good, so I deviated from the film a bit there. Anyway, good luck yourself!

IetTsFQ.png

• 2 weeks later...