Gifted Premier

Soran

Howdy,

Soran here. I've got a question regarding what exactly to expect from being gifted premier since I recently was.

I've tried looking through the different Help references and other topics regarding Premiership but could not find anything relating to it, at least nothing in detail.

My question is simple, What are the benefits for the person who gave the gift of Premiership and the receiver of the gift of Premiership?

So for example, if I gifted another member premiership and they got the benefits am I still benefitted? My reason for asking is that I was thinking in regards to how proto energy is distributed when buying Premiership yourself. When buying it for yourself you are making the donation and thus you would be rewarded. Would this then imply that by gifting someone else the premiership you would receive the proto energy boost and they would receive the premiership benefits? Or would it simply render the proto energy boost null?

Another thing I'm curious about is if there is a way to check either how long your premiership has been in effect, by whom it was given by, or when it runs out. I would assume there is a way as that would seem most logical (for all except the to whom it was given by which really isn't any more or less logical) but I'm still not entirely sure. 

Hopefully it isn't too vague or strange of a question, I'm just a little new to the whole Premier membership thing. Also, thanks in advance.

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

As far as I know, gifting Premier Membership has no benefits other than making the recipient's day. :)

Also, I'm sure the admins can check out info on Premier status, but there really isn't a way to find out who gifted it to you unless they tell you. If you had paid yourself, you could check when you had made the payment and calculate how much Premier Membership you had left, but in your case, I'd say you're out of luck. :P You might be able to ask B6 how long you have left, but if the gifter wishes to remain anonymous, I'm not sure that B6 can tell you who it is.

-Rez

It definitely made my day one way or another. Was quite the surprise, I feel like I got two secret santa gifts instead of one (unless my secret santa gave me this as well).

I'm not concerned enough about the time limit to send a message to the admins regarding it. I was mainly just curious if there was a user-way of doing it like in the settings or something similar. It just seems like I'm a little out of luck in this case, it'll be quite the surprise again when it suddenly ends.

I would say that you definitely answered the questions that I had in mind, so thank ya', friend. So unless there is anything else that can be expanded on in Reznas' answer then I would say that I'm satisfied. My question has been answered.

Thank you for being quick,

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

My question is simple, What are the benefits for the person who gave the gift of Premiership and the receiver of the gift of Premiership?

The person who gives the gift gets the satisfaction of knowing they made someone's day.

The person who receives the gift gets all of the benefits of Premier Membership except for the Proto boost, which is only given to people who pay for it, as a thank-you for supporting BZPower.

Another thing I'm curious about is if there is a way to check either how long your premiership has been in effect, by whom it was given by, or when it runs out.

You should be able to check on the status of your Premier Membership right here. Unless the person who gave it to you tells you, there's no easy way to find out who did.

Does that answer everything?