Bionicle Online RPG/strategy?

Nik the Three

I currently got idea of making browser-based online multiplayer Bionicle game. I got a rough idea about programming stuff, but other than that, my design is lacking.

I am also able to make strategy game with less visuals, close to board games. It would require dedicated server (or Hamachi or Tunngle) and separate client.

So, first of all, we have two possible categories of such games.

Competetive - each game takes some time (may be week or two in case of browser based game), but every time it starts, everybody has same opportunity to win. You can imagine CS:GO, Starcraft II, Dota 2, League of Legends. BZP Mafia would also fit here. Those game are skill-based. I would prefer to make this type of game.

MMO-style - over a time, you gain experience, items and so. This kind of game is usually harder to get into, especially with lower playerbase. New players are most likely to not ever beat veterans, even when they get into game. You can imagine World of Warcraft, Metin 2, Ikariam.

Then there is genre.

Strategy - I think this needs no explaining. Strategies are Age of Empires, Starcraft II, Dota and much more. Those games would be most fitting browser and gameplay focused game I plan to do.

RPG - Roleplaying games. Dungeons & Dragons, World of Warcraft, Heroes of Might & Magic, roguelikes.

Action - This would require bigger development team - graphics, sounds, design and programming would all be much harder than for first to genres.

Both strategy and RPGs have many examples of working turn based and real time styles.

Turn based - much more suitable for browser, ie. better option. Eg. Heroes of M&M, most roguelikes.

Real time - might work with client, but would be of course harder to make and to play.

Those are just basic things I have to decide for. The game itself is another thing.

Feel free to share any ideas you ever had for Bionicle game, but couldn't ever realize them!

• Upvote 1

At some point, I'll suddenly go on hiatus. I'm sorry for that.

Nik, but still pronounced as Nick

The Great Vakama or Clue official topic

Okoto Online Game. [:P] Although it only half counts, because the game actually got three chapters re) eased before my computer pulled a Harvey Dent and I had to start earning money for a new one [:P] I've also made FPS mnog-3d prototypes, toyed with the topdown NES CRPG style, and dreamt of making an MMORPG. I'm sure more of those would have come to life if I'd been able to make money off them, but that's the thing about self-funded indie games... [:P]

cLT23Pz.png

Point of this topic was: "I am able to make Bionicle multiplayer game, but I have no idea what would it be about."

You may help me by writing which of those categories would be interesting to see. Or if you have idea for RPG or strategy, write it right here.

Of course, if you would like a certain game in Bionicle form, it's cool enough for posting too!

Competitive strategy (though how to do that where it's not a generic game reskinned to be Bionicle is beyond me), and turn based (so people playing together don't have to both be online at the same time).

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

Basically, everything is reskin of something, that someone has already done, to some degree of course. I was never into turn-based things, so I imagine turn based versions of games I know, Age of Empires and Dota in this case.