Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

So it looks like Marvel won the tiebreaker (probably because it was the only one of the three still in the middle of story mode). For those where aren't keeping track, the progress for the two games in story mode is this: Marvel is partway through level 4, and Batman 3 is at the start of level 7. And based on the achievements list that I looked up, it seems both games each have a total of 15 story mode levels (not counting bonus content), so that should give everyone an idea of how far along we are with all of these games.

As for my vote, I'm sticking with Lego Movie. The reason I had gone with Star Wars for a while was because it was always winning each week, so I decided to simply join in rather than keep throwing away my vote. If Marvel (or Batman 3) wins for three weeks in a row, then I'll switch my vote to keep it going. But for now, I'm staying with the only Lego game that I'm already familiar with.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

If it means seeing you play through the story levels again, then absolutely. After all, I've been asking for Lego Dimensions to be added to this poll for a long time now. Pretty much the main reason I've been so desperate to watch you play that particular game is because, unlike all the others on the list, I'm unlikely to ever get a chance to play it myself, and I would really like to see how the story levels play out.

Well, that could have gone better. Things seemed to be going well, and then the audio cut out followed by the game crashing, making me lose a lot of progress. The Stay Puft, Superman, and Aquaman Fun Packs seemed okay, but I didn't really get an opportunity to take advantage of their abilities.

Next week we definitely won't be doing Dimensions.

Quite a shame that the game crashed again, though at least you finally managed to advance to the second room and almost made it to the third. I must admit, right at the moment the game's audio suddenly went out, I knew right away that the game would soon crash. You know, I've noticed that you started having those technical issues again when this latest session reached over a full hour, while that last two times (for the two level packs) each lasted only around 45 minutes. Maybe when you're ready to try Dimensions again, try to keep in mind that you may have to limit yourself to less than an hour, and if the audio goes out again, just call it a day right then and there before the game crashes. Above all else, I'm really hoping that these technical issues will no longer persist once you finally get past the Doctor Who level.

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Upvote 1

I had noticed the previous week that you had forgotten to turn on the subtitles, but I forgot to mention it, so it's good that you did notice it this week. Well, out of 15 story mode levels, we're now close to the end of only the 5th level, so there's still quite a bit of this game left to go.

This week, I've decided to switch my vote over to Marvel Superheroes. I think it's become pretty obvious by now that the most popular choice will always be for one of the games that's still going through story mode. (Ironically, at this rate, Batman 3 looks like it'll be the last game on this list for which the story mode is completed, despite being the very first game ever played on Twitch Tuesday.)

Edit: Oh, and nice to see the videos of the Lego Movie Videogame have finally been added. Once all games on this list are done with story mode, I will definitely be voting for this game again.

Edited by Chronicler06

Finished level 5, went through all of level 6, and then partway through level 7. If my hunch of there being 15 story levels is correct, then that means we're now close to halfway through the game's story mode. By the way, you seem to be rather familiar with parts of New York City, based on your comments while walking through the city streets between levels. Do you happen to live in or near that city?

Once again, my vote is for Marvel Superheroes. I noticed there were hardly any votes last week, and since I'm practically the only one regularly commenting here, I'm starting to wonder just how many people really are as interested in Twitch Tuesdays as I am.

Finished level 5, went through all of level 6, and then partway through level 7. If my hunch of there being 15 story levels is correct, then that means we're now close to halfway through the game's story mode. By the way, you seem to be rather familiar with parts of New York City, based on your comments while walking through the city streets between levels. Do you happen to live in or near that city?

I used to live near New York and have spent a good bit of time in certain parts. It definitely adds to some of the fun in the public area.

Once again, my vote is for Marvel Superheroes. I noticed there were hardly any votes last week, and since I'm practically the only one regularly commenting here, I'm starting to wonder just how many people really are as interested in Twitch Tuesdays as I am.

I've certainly noticed this too. I enjoy playing the games though, so I want to keep doing it if just for my own pleasure, and it helps dedicate some time for me to game each week when previously I hadn't been able to.

Despite a little trouble starting up, this week's stream went just fine. Reached partway through level 8, so the story mode is now presumably halfway complete, so my vote will once again go to Marvel Superheroes.

Only two votes were apparently cast for this week's stream. To me, it's starting to look more and more like I've got the biggest influence on this topic (not that I would want to abuse that kind of power, of course).

Going straight from the X-Men to the Fantastic 4, this game really is giving a major role to just about every Marvel superhero instead of just the Avengers.

As always, my vote will still go to Marvel Superheroes until story mode is eventually complete.

EDIT: I feel like I should give a reminder that I did in fact provide a link to useful guides to many Lego video games near the beginning of this topic, with the intent of helping to prevent spending more than ten minutes stuck at a single point.

Edited by Chronicler06

EDIT: I feel like I should give a reminder that I did in fact provide a link to useful guides to many Lego video games near the beginning of this topic, with the intent of helping to prevent spending more than ten minutes stuck at a single point.

Thanks for the reminder. There were only a couple of points like that this week, and it turns out I was trying to do the right thing, but the game mechanics were being wonky.

Yeah, that part where you got stuck, it took me only half a minute to consider using The Thing to use that elevator, and I must've waited ten minutes before I looked it up in the guides myself and confirmed that I was indeed correct (sure, I had to do a bit of scrolling down, but I did find that part in the guide). At least I've been able to keep track of how far you've progressed through story mode, so I will mention that you just finished level 10 and the next stream will begin with the start of level 11 (if you need to use that guide again, just count down along the contents list; the story levels are always first, so you just need to know which one it is).

Once again, my vote this week goes to Marvel Superheroes.

(By the way, I just noticed that you've been mislabeling the most recent episodes with 2015 instead of 2016, so you might want to fix that. Oh, and the "Twitch" tag for this topic is misspelled (surprised it took me this long to notice that).)

There were a few points where I figured things out rather quickly that you seemed to get stuck on for a bit, but at least none of them lasted nearly as long as what happened last week. I'll admit, when you got The Thing stuck on that lower ledge, I was worried that you would have to restart the level, so it's good that you did manage to get out of there and reach the checkpoint.

Once again, my vote goes to Marvel Superheroes. If my assumption about how many story levels there are in this game (15, with the last one being rather short), then it may possibly be only three weeks left to go before story mode is finished for this game.

I can't post in the chat because I don't have a Twitch account, and I'm not going to make one just for that reason alone. I may be a unique case here, so don't worry about me too much. (Believe me, you have no idea how desperately I wanted to keep telling you to use Iron Man when you got stumped by that silver object.)

This week's stream went rather well, except for the glitch where Thor got stuck and you were forced to completely restart the level. At least things are (almost) always easier the second time around, so you not only caught back up quickly, but also even completed the level. Oh, and on the previous level when you mentioned an interest in one day playing LEGO Jurassic World, I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some more Lego games being added to the options for Twitch Tuesday (if only Lego Dimensions didn't have any technical issues).

Once again, my next vote is for Marvel Superheroes. With level 13 complete, there are probably only two levels left to go in story mode. I quickly skimmed through the guide to see how long these last two levels might be, and I have to say it's possible that you could reach the end of story mode by the end of the very next stream. After that, Batman 3 will become the only game to chose from that has not yet reached freeplay mode.

Hmm. Would a change of platform make it easier for people to chat/comment? We could look into moving to YouTube Gaming in the future, though that would require a change of setup. (This would also allow the streaming of Xbox 360 games, which is something I want to do.) I'm already hoping to do that at some point, but for now it's easiest to just use the Xbox One's built-in capabilities.

I also don't have a YouTube account, and I also won't make one just to participate in a chat. And like I previously said, I'm pretty sure many of the other people who watch are not as stubborn as I am on that subject, so don't treat my opinion as the only one that matters. If anything, I would really like to see other people voice their opinions regarding your questions, because I don't want to feel like I'm the only person who even cares about this.

So it looks like you did in fact have just barely enough time to complete story mode of Marvel Superheroes, though that left no time to try out freeplay mode (too bad, because if what I saw when you completed the last level is true, then it seems you unlocked a bonus level of some kind).

So now that leaves Batman 3 as the only game to chose from that is still in story mode. I recall that the last time you played, you struggled for quite a while to figure out how to advance through the level and ultimately just gave up (and I recall seeing a truck with gold objects on it that could be destroyed by Superman's laser that you apparently kept missing). At least now that I've provided a link to some helpful guides, you can hopefully avoid letting something like that happen again.

I could vote for Batman 3, but I also have an interest in voting for Lego Movie Videogame (don't forget those guides I PMed to you a few months ago, in which I gave a lot of helpful information). I think I'll keep my vote a secret this week and let everyone else make their own decisions.

Edited by Chronicler06

I recall the last time you played Batman 3 quite a while ago, you were confused on how to cross the river at the beginning of the level and eventually just gave up after many minutes. Thankfully this time, you were able to quickly find that truck that provided Batman with his scuba suit (apparently the last one for him to unlock). So now that's level 7 complete, and if this game has 15 story mode levels (like Marvel Superheroes and Lego Movie), then that means story mode for this game is now almost halfway over.

I will continue to keep my vote private, as I still would like to let people make their own choices rather than follow my lead. I personally don't care which one gets selected at this point, as I now find myself quite fond of any Lego video game.

This week's episode is up! I apologize for the frustrations in the beginning. I thought I was being so smart trying to use the Joker because when I went near that area with the Flash it told me to hit 'Y' to switch. That'll learn me I suppose.

Next week we'll be streaming on Monday, so mark your calendars!

Looks like there were a lot of points this week where you couldn't seem to figure out what to do. First area, I knew as soon as I saw the first of those small pieces drop up on the roof that you would need the hazard suit, and when i saw the wall of flame, I figured out rather quickly that the new shield suit would be needed to cross it. Second area, I'll admit that even I had totally forgotten that Flash could wall-jump. Third area, well I suppose it could have been worse (though it looks like the only way to save Adam West is to destroy that silver object in freeplay mode).

I think this week's stream showed very well why it's such a good idea to remain familiar with the mechanics of a particular game (if you forget a certain someone can do a certain something, then you'll inevitably end up needlessly stuck for a while). So for the sake of easing everyone's nerves, I'll just say that I'll continue to vote for Batman 3 until story mode is finished. (Once that's done, I'll keep my next vote a secret to give everyone a chance to make their own choice, and once the new game is chosen, then I'll keep voting for that same game for a while.)

Edit: For those of you not keeping track, current progress on Batman 3 is partway through level 8, with presumably a total of 15 levels in story mode.

Edited by Chronicler06

When I had once looked through how many people had unlocked each of the achievements, I was quite surprised and confused to find that apparently more of them completed some later levels than some earlier ones, but based on what I saw on this week's stream, it looks like you really do get five or six levels to chose from all at once. To make this a little easier, I'll quickly look up which order all the remaining story levels are labeled in and make a list here.

Level 9: Power of Love

Level 10: A Blue Hope

Level 11: Jailhouse Nok

Level 12: All the Rage

Level 13: Need for Greed

Level 14: Aw-Quard Situation

Level 15: Breaking the Ice

And based on a quick glance at the guide, it looks like all of these remaining story levels will start off the same way: selecting it from that giant globe in the middle of the room.

Oh, and I've noticed that if progress on Batman 3 continues at a rate of one level per week, then the story mode should be completed just days before the one-year anniversary of the very first Twitch Tuesday stream (the first two levels of Batman 3), so that would certainly be quite something.

Oh, and I've noticed that if progress on Batman 3 continues at a rate of one level per week, then the story mode should be completed just days before the one-year anniversary of the very first Twitch Tuesday stream (the first two levels of Batman 3), so that would certainly be quite something.

With luck I'll have time to do some longer streams in the near future as opposed to the half-hour to forty-five minutest that the last couple have been.

Thanks for the level info!

For choosing seemingly on a whim which levels to play, you did a remarkable job of doing them in the intended order. So it looks like that (aside from the DLC bonus levels) there are now only two levels to chose from before the story mode resumes a linear path. If you wish to do those two levels in the intended order, then the next one will be "All the Rage", followed by "Need for Greed".

If all the remaining levels go by this quickly, then the story mode for Batman 3 could be finished in only two weeks. (And since the 15th and final level is usually the shortest one of all, then it's possible you may get some time to try freeplay mode right after that.)

I've got a better idea. You've only got two short levels left to go in Batman 3, so if you get those out of the way next week, then you won't have to wait many weeks until after you've completed Force Awakens before you get around to finally finishing that game (because I have a feeling that everyone is going to be voting for Force Awakens until all story mode levels have been completed). As an added bonus, you would then end up starting Force Awakens right on the official release date, which I think would be an excellent time to get started on it. Of course, this is just my opinion, so I'll just let you consider it and make your own decision.

Quite a shame that you refused to play Dimensions this week due to the issues you've had. Since I'll never get this game, the only way I'll ever know about it's content is to watch someone else play it. Since Twitch Tuesday just isn't going to be an option anymore, I recently decided to start watching some YouTube videos of other people playing through the game. I will say that the Doctor Who level (where you currently remain stuck) is very long, with about seven areas (and if I remember correctly, you only made it to the second area before the game crashed yet again), and I have a feeling you would probably just end up getting stuck on half of those areas. In short... I honestly don't know if you should just get a different copy of Dimensions to avoid all this technical trouble.

Anyway, as for the vote, like I said, Batman 3 now has only two rather short levels left to go until story mode is complete. After that, all four games on this list will now be in freeplay mode (though I'm sure you'll probably add Force Awakens next week). With the exception of any new games, the question will then become which of these four games should you try for 100% completion. For that question, I think your best option would be Lego Movie. Marvel Superheroes and Batman 3 have very extensive hub regions that could take a very long time to go through, and I'm sure we all remember how difficult Star Wars Complete Saga was. (Not to mention, I did PM you those guides a few months ago to help you out with the Lego Movie Videogame.)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but I just wanted to get mine out there and see what you think.