Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

Once again, I had some lagging issues with the stream. Nothing serious, but it did leave the video occasionally freezing for a few seconds before resuming. And like I said last week, I'm not sure if this is due to issues on my end or with the stream itself since no one else who could confirm the issues seems to be bothering to watch anymore. (Though I will note that I've noticed a slightly different audio quality (kinda clearer in some way) from your voice in the last two streams compared to previous ones. Did you make some recent changes?)

After a quick check on the guides, I can confirm that there is now only one level left to go on the Hobbit, so it's very likely you'll have time to do a bit of freeplay after you finish that level in next week's stream.

As for the additional games you added to the poll, I decided to vote for all three of them because I honestly don't care which Lego video game you play. After all, I plan to one day play every Lego video game available on Steam, so I might as well watch someone else try them out while I wait for the opportunity to try playing them myself. (Although I doubt I'll get that opportunity for for quite some time, I would like to point out that, among the Lego games I own, one of the first ones I plan to play will be Pirates of the Caribbean.)

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Once again, I had some lagging issues with the stream. Nothing serious, but it did leave the video occasionally freezing for a few seconds before resuming. And like I said last week, I'm not sure if this is due to issues on my end or with the stream itself since no one else who could confirm the issues seems to be bothering to watch anymore. (Though I will note that I've noticed a slightly different audio quality (kinda clearer in some way) from your voice in the last two streams compared to previous ones. Did you make some recent changes?)

Interesting. The past two weeks I've streamed from a different Xbox, but I'm on the same network so it seems odd that this would cause lagging issues. The audio quality makes sens since I have a different mic now.

Well, the good news is that I know what's been slowing down my computer and managed to find a way to (temporarily) deal with the issue so that the stream I saw this week wasn't quite as laggy as it was for me the previous two weeks. However, I did notice at one point that the stream seemed to have suddenly stopped and then skipped ahead a few seconds, so although there might actually be an issue with the streaming, it's not quite as bad as I thought it might be.

Anyway, with Hobbit now completed, it's time to vote for a new game to play, and I've decided to go with Batman. I just quickly checked the guide (from the list I had posted near the beginning of this topic) and it looks like there will be a total of 30 levels; 15 playing as Batman and Robin, and 15 playing as various villains. Since this is a rather old game like Star Wars Complete Saga (which had 36 levels, six for each movie), I guess this game having so many levels shouldn't be so surprising. Unless these levels all turn out to be very quick and simple, it looks like there will be a lot of this game for us to see. (If not, I'll just later vote for playing the Batman 3 DLC levels, but either way, with the Lego Batman Movie now just two months away, I would really like to see some Lego Batman action for a while.)

Sorry for double-posting, but I forgot to mention something yesterday.

Since the Lego Batman games are not based on any movie or some other preexisting content, I feel like it should be okay to leave the music on when you stream that game. (And of course, since it's an old game with no dialogue, there'll likely be no subtitles to turn on.)

Sorry for double-posting, but I forgot to mention something yesterday.

Since the Lego Batman games are not based on any movie or some other preexisting content, I feel like it should be okay to leave the music on when you stream that game. (And of course, since it's an old game with no dialogue, there'll likely be no subtitles to turn on.)

You say that, and yet we got a copyright notice from just the cutscenes in last night's episode.

Huh, and I thought that issue had applied only to the Lego Movie Videogame (I recall that the streams automatically censored the cutscenes in that game). Well, I guess now the only way I'll be able to get the full experience from these games will be to play them myself. (I just need to be able to set aside the time to do so once I'm ready.)

Anyway, interesting that the 15 (good guys) levels are organized into three "episodes" of five levels each. I guess such a system should be too surprising when you consider the context at the time. (The only previous Lego games of that kind were Star Wars Complete Saga (which is actually the first two Lego Star Wars games combined into one) and Indiana Jones, and those franchises consist of trilogies.)

The first level went by relatively quickly, but the boss fight in the second level had a rather oddly specific way in which you had to attack. Never would've been able to figure it out myself without the aid of a guide (which is apparently what you also had to rely on for that part). Let's just hope we won't see much more of such tricky combat through the rest of this game.

Edited by Chronicler06

So apparently, each of the three "episodes" ends with their own roll of credits, plus (presumably) one of the levels for each episode uses vehicles instead of characters. This game is looking even more similar to Star Wars Complete Saga than I ever would have suspected. I guess this indicates that all these Lego games really do follow the same basic formula, but only in comparison to ones that released close to each other. It does make me wonder at which point (such as which particular game dropped old features and added new ones) the change in the formula was made (going from the older games having levels grouped into episodes with some levels vehicle-specific, and going to the more recent games having fifteen story levels with a wide open hub world to explore).

So it looks like Episode 1 is done. Two more left to go as Batman and Robin, then what I presume to be three more episodes (with five levels each) playing as the villains. Despite the rapid progress, there's still quite a bit left to go, so my vote is again for Batman.

Internet issues caused me to miss the first few minutes of the stream. Later during the beginning of the second level, there was a bit of lag (and with the technical issues on my end solved, I'm starting to wonder what's really causing it), forcing me to pause and play the video, which resulted in skipping over many seconds. Other than that, I enjoyed watching what I could this week.

Almost halfway done Episode 2, so that's halfway through all of the Batman and Robin levels and a quarter of the entire game. Once again, my vote this week is for Batman.

I guess you can now add "struggling to climb up ladders" to the list of things we'll see regularly on Twitch Tuesdays in addition to "falling off ledges". At least, that seems to be the case only on this game, as I'm pretty sure you didn't seem to have much trouble with that on any of the other games you've played so far. Anyway, I noticed someone in the chat at one point, and based on his comment, it looks like my observation of slight lag at certain times during the stream can now be confirmed as an issue with the stream itself and not something on my end.

Two more levels done, just one more left to go until "Episode 2" is completed, then it's on to "Episode 3".

At least we now know that to play the villains side of the game, you just need to pull that lever to switch from the Batcave to Arkham Asylum. Once you're finished with Episode 3, you can switch over there where I think you'll find another 15 levels (which I assume may be divided into three "episodes") in which you'll play as the villains.

First level is done on Episode 3, four more left to go, then it'll be on to the villain levels.

I completely forgot about LEGO Batman. I even -have- it on my PSVita for like, so long -- it was fun from what I remember, I'm just like, so surprised I never went through to finish it. 

Hope it's been fun to stream, though! I'll probably pop in this week. c:

Edited by Kitastrophe

Yesterday certainly was quite interesting. We had two other people not only watching but also using the chat quite a lot. I honestly can't even remember the last time I saw that much activity during a Twitch Tuesday live stream. I wonder why there's suddenly been so much interest, or perhaps it may have been just a one-time occurrence. Also, the stream itself went more smoothly than it did the last few weeks, as I didn't see any lag and only once did it freeze for just a few seconds.

Three more levels done, so now there's only one left to go (presumably against Joker), then it'll be time to switch over from the Batcave to Arkham Asylum to move on to the villain levels.

Oh yeah haha, I stopped by since I was a bit out of things to do and figured to check it out. Just talked a bit in chat since I tend to do that in general and my name was the obnoxiously long pink one (was surprised it wasn't considered an "illegal" name by Twitch due to the length, but everything else I usually use was taken already). It was fun though. c: 

There was a bit of a technical issue with this week's stream, where the audio kept going on and off so rapidly that it might as well have been muted. Fortunately, the issue somehow resolved itself after 30 minutes, so while the the first half of the stream (the level against the Joker) had virtually no sound, the second half (first of the villain levels) went by just fine.

With all the Batman and Robin levels done, now we're moving onto the villain levels. Based on how the first one went, it looks like it'll be quite literally the other side of all the other levels we saw previously. Should be interesting to see what kind of special abilities all the villain characters will have.

There was a bit of a technical issue with this week's stream, where the audio kept going on and off so rapidly that it might as well have been muted. Fortunately, the issue somehow resolved itself after 30 minutes, so while the the first half of the stream (the level against the Joker) had virtually no sound, the second half (first of the villain levels) went by just fine.

I could have sworn I replied to this last week - my bad! I'm sorry there were audio issues last time, hopefully there weren't any tonight. That's an instance though where I wish people would get in the chat so they could at least let me know something is wrong.

Thankfully, the audio worked just as well as usual this week. Quite a shame you had to make this week's stream short, but health reasons are completely understandable.

Once again, I'm voting for Batman. If the villain levels really are going to be mostly alternate versions of the Batman and Robin levels we've already seen, then I'm interested in seeing what kind of vehicles we'll see the villains use in the next level (or the one after that, can't remember for sure).

Edited by Chronicler06

I had expected the vehicle level to be in the one featuring Two-Face, as the Batman and Robin levels had done. Since that was apparently not the case, I guess this means the villain levels really are mostly different from the Batman and Robin levels. The only real similarities are which villains get featured on each level.

Just one more Riddler level left to go (and if the rule of one vehicle level per episode remains true, then it's gotta be for that level), then it's on to the second villain episode.

Edited by Chronicler06

• 2 weeks later...

I guess there was no vehicle level in the first villain episode after all. Onto the second episode, I recall the Batman and Robin version did not seem to include a fight with Bane at all, but it looks like the villain version shows how he apparently got taken out before they could get there. Kinda makes me wonder if there will also not be a vehicle level in this episode.

By the way, I thought it was neat you mentioned that you already got to see the Lego Batman Movie. I'll be a little too busy this weekend to see it, but I definitely plan on seeing it next Saturday. As for a video game version of that movie, I have a feeling the upcoming Lego Dimensions story pack (featuring six levels) is what's going to count as that. Quite a shame you can't play that game anymore, because I would really love to see you play that particular pack.

I guess there was no vehicle level in the first villain episode after all. Onto the second episode, I recall the Batman and Robin version did not seem to include a fight with Bane at all, but it looks like the villain version shows how he apparently got taken out before they could get there. Kinda makes me wonder if there will also not be a vehicle level in this episode.

By the way, I thought it was neat you mentioned that you already got to see the Lego Batman Movie. I'll be a little too busy this weekend to see it, but I definitely plan on seeing it next Saturday. As for a video game version of that movie, I have a feeling the upcoming Lego Dimensions story pack (featuring six levels) is what's going to count as that. Quite a shame you can't play that game anymore, because I would really love to see you play that particular pack.

Perhaps because the villains don't have the iconic vehicles that Batman does, we won't see them included. Time will tell!

I do want to go back to Dimensions at some point. I've been streaming off of a different Xbox One recently (from back when you noticed the audio change) so one of these days I may try playing it on that and see if I fare any better.

Well, looks like we got a villain vehicle level after all. So now there are two levels left to go for villain Episode 2, and then the five levels of the final villain episode before this game will be done.

I think it would be really nice to see you try Lego Dimensions again. If I remember correctly, you left off in the middle of one of main story levels, so if you get back to that game, you may have to at least finish that level before trying any of the additional content.

A short stream this week, but for completely understandable reasons. Just one level left to go for villain episode 2, then it's on to villain episode 3 to finish this game.

By the way, since you're apparently now open to possibly trying Lego Dimensions again, will you be adding that option to the poll? Or would you rather wait until after finishing Lego Batman and see if Dimensions will work before moving on to a different game?

By the way, since you're apparently now open to possibly trying Lego Dimensions again, will you be adding that option to the poll? Or would you rather wait until after finishing Lego Batman and see if Dimensions will work before moving on to a different game?

I'll be doing a test of some sort before it gets added to the poll.

Getting very close to finishing Batman, just four more levels left to go.

Since you say you're going to try Dimensions to see if that game will work, are you going to let us know when you'll do that? I'd like to be able to watch the stream rather than a later recording.

As for the other potential games to play, I decided to check all except for Worlds, mostly because it's rather open ended with no definitive objectives like every other Lego game, so it's something I would rather save for last. Of the games I did check, the one I would be most enthusiastic to see would be Lego City Undercover, because I'd like to know who this "Chase McCain" guy is and actually see him in action.

Yeah, it always seems to me like I'm the only one who even bothers with this topic at all. There just hasn't been any other activity at all, unlike what I recall seeing during the first few months back in late 2015. In addition, I once mentioned that I refused to create a Twitch account if the only thing I would ever use it for is chatting on the BZPower channel, but if I'm the only one who's always there every week, I might possibly reconsider.

Not to mention, I plan on playing just about every Lego game I can access on a computer (but not until after I'm finished with a certain other game), so I'll gladly continue to essentially give myself a preview before I eventually get around to playing these games myself.

Anyway, yeah, it looks like there will be only one more stream left to go before Batman is finished. In addition to my question from last week (Will you lets us know when you plan to try playing Lego Dimensions?), I would also like to ask if you're planning to soon get any of the games listed in the multi-choice section of the poll, and if so, will they be added to the poll soon?

Will you lets us know when you plan to try playing Lego Dimensions?

Yes, that will get mentioned in the news story if not sooner.

I would also like to ask if you're planning to soon get any of the games listed in the multi-choice section of the poll, and if so, will they be added to the poll soon?

I don't know about 'soon.' I was just trying to see if there was any interest in those other games and if so, which I should prioritize getting in the future. After LEGO Jurassic World, I will be out of new games to play. While I can of course go back and work on older games, I think playing through ones people haven't seen yet would be preferred.

Seeing as Jurassic World is now the only one left that has not finished with story mode, that game will get my vote for the next stream.

As for the multi-choice options, I had already mentioned that I would be okay with any of them (with the exception of Lego Worlds), so this time I checked only the one that I'm most excited to see, and that's Lego City Undercover. In fact, I actually spent much of this week watching YouTube videos of the gameplay (since I don't yet own this game myself), and I have to say that I would very highly recommend getting it. Believe me, I wish we could have more Lego games like this one.

I know you didn't want us to talk about it... but I just couldn't resist. :D Not only failing to see the ladder, but also getting the forklift stuck on said ladder for almost ten minutes? Good thing I had something else handy to keep me occupied while you were busy trying to figure that one out.

Anyway, the game itself looks pretty interesting so far. Already we've seen certain character abilities that were later included in Lego Dimensions (tracking, electric switches, slashing through plants). Also, one thing I've noticed about the dialogue (at least for the Jurassic Park portion) is that if you listen closely to the audio quality, you can tell which ones are taken directly from the movies (such as in the cutscenes) and which ones were recorded specifically for this game (such as the various funny background events during gameplay).

I'd like to note here that, of the movies this game is based on, I have not quite seen any of them in their entirety. I've seen most of the first and fourth movies, enough to give me a good idea of what happens, but I've only seen a few bits and pieces of the second and third movies. Thankfully, just like with Star Wars Force Awakens, I won't have to worry too much about actually watching these movies before playing this game, since the more recent Lego games includes character dialogue so that I won't feel too confused on what happens.

To find out how many levels there are in Lego Jurassic World, I decided to check the list of achievements on Steam. From what I can tell, there are a total of 20 levels (which includes the Prologue), and since Level 16 is titled "Welcome to Jurassic World", I'm assuming there will be five levels for each of the four movies. This week's stream went through levels 2 and 3, so it looks like we may already be halfway through the first Jurassic Park movie.

My votes this week are still the same; continue with Jurassic World, with my choice of future options going with just Lego City Undercover.

Looks like my assumption was right that there will be five levels for each of the four movies. Since I never saw the second or third movies, I'll certainly be looking forward to what we'll see next. (Just like with Star Wars Force Awakens, I should be able to understand at least the basics of what happens without needing to watch the movies, since the game has character dialogue.) Also, it appears there will be some kind of running gag in this game where nobody ever actually dies, so be sure to expect something different (and possibly funny) from characters who did die in the actual movies.

As much as I would love to see Lego City Undercover, I would rather continue with the game that's already in progress and wait until it's finished before moving on to a new game, so I voted for Jurassic World again. After all, it's easier to progress through a game when you remain familiar with which character has certain abilities, and the best way to ensure that is to consistently stay with the same game from beginning to end.

I'll admit that I'm also very excited to watch some Lego City Undercover, but personally, I would prefer finishing the game that's currently in progress (Lego Jurassic World) before getting started on that. Especially considering that there are apparently still some technical issues with Twitch, I think it's better to try to resolve those issues with a game that we already know should work perfectly fine, rather than try a new game and not know for sure if the issues are with Twitch or with the game itself.

Anyway, I liked the recent stream. As I had mentioned, I never really saw much of the second or third movies, but only bits and pieces here and there. The last part of the second level (with the massive vehicle hanging off the edge of a cliff) was definitely one part I remember seeing from the second movie (and I saw that once again the Lego game doesn't actually kill off any of the characters). The gameplay mechanics of that part were certainly unique and interesting. I'll be looking forward to what we'll see next.