Twitch Tuesday

Black Six

Two more levels done in Episode VIII, only one more left to go to finish that movie, then it's just Episode IX left to finish the story. After quickly skimming through the guide, it looks like the upcoming level and the first two levels of Episode IX will be relatively quick, so it might yet be possible to finish the game within just the next two stream sessions. I don't anticipate being in any particular rush for the next couple of Tuesdays, so I won't mind if you have to keep going a little later to make that possible.

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

With four relatively quick levels completed, there's now only the last two levels of Episode XI left to go until the entire story mode is fully completed. Looking ahead through the guide I've been referencing, I think it might just barely be possible to reach the end of the game in next week's stream, so I'll definitely be looking forward to that.

And with just barely enough time, the entire story mode of Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga is finally complete. That sure was fun to watch, and once I'm able to purchase that game, I'll definitely be looking forward to playing it myself.

So, if I remember correctly, all there is left to do to fully complete Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is to collect all the minikits and compass items in all five levels of the final movie, unlock and go through the bonus level, and get a few more achievements that include going through story mode on the first level twice, once without dying at all and once without any studs collected.

I have some ideas on which Lego game to play after that one is done, but I'll save that conversation for later.

Not bad progress this week. All minikits and compass items collected in two of the five remaining levels. Too bad the game froze, but at least you didn't get far on the third level when that happened. As for the achievements, if I remember correctly, the last of the toggle characters are some Spaniards, so you'll likely get that achievement in the fourth level, and the last of the animals to ride is a giant spider in the fifth level, so that's when you'll likely get that achievement. (If you don't get those achievements by then, then it'll be clear that you missed something somewhere.)

For next week when you try that third level again, I would recommend not entering the lighthouse until after you've collected everything else in the outside area, which would cover everything except that one minikit that you're already aware of. Here's hoping it won't be much longer before this game is fully completed.

Alright! All minkits and other things collected and all levels fully completed. Well, except for the bonus level, but that's relatively easy. You'll find it by completing some special golden build somewhere in the left area of the hub. As for those two achievements of going through Port Royal in Story Mode, to complete the level without dying requires turning off invincibility, but you can keep the other red bricks active (including extra hearts and regenerate hearts, which should help a little). As for completing it without any studs collected, I would recommend doing that after the other one, so that you're a bit more familiar with how to get through the level, as well as some good places to quickly lose a lot of studs (so I would recommend turning off fall rescue as well as the stud multipliers). Looking forward to seeing this game fully completed next week.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention yesterday about my suggestion for what game to play after Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is completed.

First of all, thanks to some remarkably good timing, the week after next Tuesday just so happens to be the first Tuesday of a new month, perhaps for that stream, you could go back to that once-a-month stream of Lego Dimensions, starting off with the previously promised Team Pack of Joker and Harley Quinn and exploring the DC Comics hub world. (Or, if you prefer, you could instead try Lego Brawls, since that will also be the first Tuesday after the game fully releases on September 2. I'll let you decide between those two options.)

As for which game to play on the other Tuesdays, I'll first remind you that I had recommended the first games to go through should be those that would be quickest to fully complete, starting with themes that were featured in only one game each. With Pirates of the Caribbean about to be fully completed, that leaves the remaining options of Jurassic World, The Incredibles, and Lego City Undercover. From my personal experience (thanks to Steam keeping track of how many hours I've spent playing each game), Jurassic World took me over 50 hours to complete, The Incredibles took me less than 40 hours to complete, and Lego City Undercover to me about 90 hours to complete. With that in mind, I would recommend The Incredibles as the next Lego game to fully complete. That game is rather different from all the other Lego games in some aspects, so after next week's, stream I'll try to explain some things to keep in mind for that game.

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Like 1

Great to see Lego Pirates of the Caribbean is now fully completed (at least as much as we're able to see). For the game you decided to play next, Jurassic World may have been my second choice after The Incredibles due to my experience with how much time it took to complete them, but they both have their challenges for reaching 100% completion and all achievements, so I'm okay with seeing either one of those two next. I'll wait until next week to explain my advice on some of the first few things to do, since you'll be going with Lego Dimensions for the next stream.

Speaking of which, if I remember correctly, my suggestion for the next pack to open was the only remaining Team Pack among the Year 1 content, which is Joker and Harley Quinn from DC Comics, but apparently you didn't have one back when I had first made the suggestion and you had to buy it second-hand to get access, so hopefully you'll have it now. If not, then the next packs I would suggest would be the Fun Packs of Emmet and Unikitty from the Lego Movie. Either way, I'm looking forward to finally returning to monthly streams of Lego Dimensions.

Edited by Chronicler06

Some progress done through the DC Comics hub world and getting to see which abilities the new characters can use is always good to see. Though, as we've discovered, some of the characters that were part of the Level Packs are somehow not registering their vehicle builds as having been completed. I also recall some other things that should've been unlocked after completing those levels that somehow are not currently registering as such (like Doctor being able to regenerate, or being able to switch between all the Ghostbusters instead of just Peter Venkman). My speculation on why that might be happening could be because you've always quit the game almost right after completing those levels, so perhaps by not doing anything else afterwards that would trigger an autosave (like collecting a gold brick in the hub world), the game might somehow never recognize that you actually completed those levels (while somehow still recognizing that you did collect the gold bricks and minikits from completing progress in those levels). If that's the case, then the only solution may be to go back through all of those bonus levels all over again and then making sure you do something afterwards to make the game autosave so you can keep those after-level unlocks. Perhaps you can do that once you've gained access to enough characters to have all of the Year 1 character abilities so you can collect all ten minikits so it won't be a completely wasted effort.

As for which new game to start next week, I honestly don't mind which one you decide to go with. I had recommended Incredibles before Jurassic World only because it took me less time to complete the former than the later. Both games do have their moments of difficulty, so maybe you can have that factor into your choice.

For the Incredibles, that is pretty much the only Lego game where you must fully complete the hub world content before replaying any of the levels, because some abilities are unique only to certain Pixar characters, which can only be unlocked by completing certain group builds in the hub world (which also provide all the red bricks), but the part I had the most struggle was some achievements required so much precision that I often found myself restarting certain levels several times before I finally got them.

For Jurassic World, you should start by activating all the map stones in the hub worlds (much like you might recall from Lego Lord of the Rings) so that you can more easily find the red bricks you'll probably want before replaying through the levels (as well as using the quick travel option so you can switch between day and night mode), with the difficult part of this game being all the chase sequences where you have to time your moves just right to collect certain minikits (which I successfully did without needing to do any repeats, but only because I had studied playthrough videos I found on YouTube so I could memorize when and where to make the right jump or move).

Like I said, I don't mind which game you decide to go with, so just make your choice based on what I just explained are the first things to be done and the parts where you'll most likely struggle. (Thankfully, neither game has any achievements for multiplayer mode, unlike Pirates of the Caribbean.)

Oh, and before I forget, when you get back to Lego Dimensions next month, the next packs I'd like to see opened are the Fun Packs for Emmet and Unikitty. Now that all of the Level Packs and Team Packs from Year 1 are opened, that just leaves the Fun Packs, and with only three more hub worlds left to explore (Lego Movie, Legends of Chima, and Wizard of Oz), I think the Lego Movie world should be the next one to visit. Also, I'm specifying Emmet and Unikitty because of certain abilities unique to them (Emmet drilling through special cracked panels, and Unikitty working with rainbow bricks). The other Fun Packs for the Lego Movie theme are Benny and Bad Cop, but all of their abilities are covered by other characters you've already brought in, so those two can be saved for later.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:20 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Though, as we've discovered, some of the characters that were part of the Level Packs are somehow not registering their vehicle builds as having been completed. I also recall some other things that should've been unlocked after completing those levels that somehow are not currently registering as such (like Doctor being able to regenerate, or being able to switch between all the Ghostbusters instead of just Peter Venkman). My speculation on why that might be happening could be because you've always quit the game almost right after completing those levels, so perhaps by not doing anything else afterwards that would trigger an autosave (like collecting a gold brick in the hub world), the game might somehow never recognize that you actually completed those levels (while somehow still recognizing that you did collect the gold bricks and minikits from completing progress in those levels). If that's the case, then the only solution may be to go back through all of those bonus levels all over again and then making sure you do something afterwards to make the game autosave so you can keep those after-level unlocks. Perhaps you can do that once you've gained access to enough characters to have all of the Year 1 character abilities so you can collect all ten minikits so it won't be a completely wasted effort.

Interesting theory! I'll have to remember that for any future level packs we play, so we can avoid it in the future.

As for which new game to start next week, I honestly don't mind which one you decide to go with. I had recommended Incredibles before Jurassic World only because it took me less time to complete the former than the later. Both games do have their moments of difficulty, so maybe you can have that factor into your choice.

According to my spreadsheet, I'm 40.5% of the way through Incredibles and 34.9% of the way through Jurassic World, so even though they both have difficulties, I think I'll take the 5% boost and go to Incredibles!

Oh, and before I forget, when you get back to Lego Dimensions next month, the next packs I'd like to see opened are the Fun Packs for Emmet and Unikitty. Now that all of the Level Packs and Team Packs from Year 1 are opened, that just leaves the Fun Packs, and with only three more hub worlds left to explore (Lego Movie, Legends of Chima, and Wizard of Oz), I think the Lego Movie world should be the next one to visit. Also, I'm specifying Emmet and Unikitty because of certain abilities unique to them (Emmet drilling through special cracked panels, and Unikitty working with rainbow bricks). The other Fun Packs for the Lego Movie theme are Benny and Bad Cop, but all of their abilities are covered by other characters you've already brought in, so those two can be saved for later.

I definitely know we've come across some areas that need both Emmet and Unikitty, so that sounds like a good idea to add them to the collection!

Not a bad start to progress through Lego the Incredibles.

I noticed you focused on some achievements (probably with more effort than was necessary for one in particular). For your information, Dory is unlocked with the southern Pixar build in that waterfront district (only 1 incredibrick needed for that build) and you need to have her complete an underwater race for another achievement, so perhaps keep that in mind for next time (also keep in mind the northern Pixar build (5 incredibircks) in the waterfront district provides the invincibility red brick).

You also may have noticed certain tasks need to be done a certain number of times throughout the hub area, so make sure to do them whenever you encounter them, as completing all of a certain number will unlock a character.

As for the character bags, while I understand not wanting to spend studs on them right away, also keep in mind that some of the character abilities you need (such as flying) could be provided by some of the characters to be revealed in those bags, so there may come a point where you might be tempted to start opening some of those bags.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know there will be no stream next week, and I'll look forward to the next one in two weeks.

EDIT: Upon further review of the guide, it seems some of the challenges throughout the city are worth doing to unlock certain characters. Specifically, (if I remember correctly) one character that can fly is unlocked from rescuing trapped civilians. Just keep an eye out for more civilians trapped under cars or rubble piles with a grapple point on them and you'll unlock the character after doing that ten times.

Edited by Chronicler06

18 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

I noticed you focused on some achievements (probably with more effort than was necessary for one in particular). For your information, Dory is unlocked with the southern Pixar build in that waterfront district (only 1 incredibrick needed for that build) and you need to have her complete an underwater race for another achievement, so perhaps keep that in mind for next time (also keep in mind the northern Pixar build (5 incredibircks) in the waterfront district provides the invincibility red brick).

Haha, I probably went a bit overboard on that 75-hit combo, but like I said, now I never have to worry about it again at least. Good to know about Dory! I saw that achievement and that was the first hint I knew that there were other Pixar characters in the game.

As for the character bags, while I understand not wanting to spend studs on them right away, also keep in mind that some of the character abilities you need (such as flying) could be provided by some of the characters to be revealed in those bags, so there may come a point where you might be tempted to start opening some of those bags.

It looks like there are three types of bags - do you know if one is better to open than others when it comes to getting certain characters? I haven't at all looked into how those are distributed yet.

EDIT: Upon further review of the guide, it seems some of the challenges throughout the city are worth doing to unlock certain characters. Specifically, (if I remember correctly) one character that can fly is unlocked from rescuing trapped civilians. Just keep an eye out for more civilians trapped under cars or rubble piles with a grapple point on them and you'll unlock the character after doing that ten times.

Good to know that I should focus on more than just crime quests and Incredibricks!

Good thing there's no stream this week, as I got a little preoccupied with other things today.

Anyway, to answer your question, I had said my thoughts about buying some character bags before I edited that post, so you may not really need to buy any of them anytime soon. Though it should be noted the three different types of bags provide different kinds of characters, with the cheaper red ones being the less useful basic characters and the more expensive gold ones providing characters with potentially useful abilities (and silver is obviously in the middle of those ranges). Also, some achievements require characters that are obtained through those bags, so while opening them is not urgent, you might consider opening some of them by the time you finish everything in the hub world and begin going through the levels.

There's also quite a few more achievements to unlock that can be done somewhat easily, so I'll be sure to point them out at some good opportunities during the next stream. One such achievement is for stopping a certain number of "ambient crimes" such as returning some stolen money (I'm not sure what else would count, so at least make sure to keep an eye out for any robberies).

Edited by Chronicler06

Good progress this week with two more districts cleared and two more red bricks collected. I'd like to note that the custom character creator is located in the district of the next crime wave, so that will allow you to get two more easy achievements next time. And as I said previously, make sure to keep an eye out for civilians trapped under cars or rubble piles that can be moved with the grapple ability, because completing that task ten times will unlock what I believe will be a flying character, which I'm sure you'll find very useful. Also, while the ambient crimes (like beating up a group of goons or returning stolen money) require ten each to unlock some characters, they will continue to show up afterwards throughout the hub area, so you'll always have opportunities to eventually get the achievement for 50 ambient crimes.

As for next week's Lego Dimensions stream, as I've said before, my suggestion is to open the Fun Packs of Emmet and Unikitty so you can use Emmet's drill ability and Unikitty's ability to use rainbow bricks. Also, the red brick to be found in the Lego Movie hub world will be the minikit detector (definitely helpful for later), but there's a bit of a process to find it. Basically, you'll need to find a certain gold brick, then drill through the floor into some underground passages where you'll need to chase and catch the drone to get that red brick. Anyway, with the Lego Movie being one of my favorite Lego themes, I'll definitely be looking forward to next week's stream.

• Like 1

Two more crime waves completed, only three more left to go. Also good to see you got the two achievements for using the character customizer. And as I tried to mention at the very end of the stream, the two other red bricks are back at the Waterfront district where the first crime wave had been done (one of those two red bricks is unlocked by the same Pixar build that unlocks Dory). However, I would recommend holding off on those two until after you get the other three, because the red brick available after completing the final crime wave is x10 studs, which I'm sure you'll want most of all.

Oh! I forgot to mention this during the stream, but the game Lego Bricktales officially releases tomorrow, so I'm not sure if you're interested in immediately going into that game next week or if you would rather keep going with Lego Incredibles, but either way, the full game of Lego Bricktales will be available for purchase starting tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

And as I tried to mention at the very end of the stream, the two other red bricks are back at the Waterfront district where the first crime wave had been done (one of those two red bricks is unlocked by the same Pixar build that unlocks Dory). However, I would recommend holding off on those two until after you get the other three, because the red brick available after completing the final crime wave is x10 studs, which I'm sure you'll want most of all.

Sounds good! Thanks for the heads up!

17 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Oh! I forgot to mention this during the stream, but the game Lego Bricktales officially releases tomorrow, so I'm not sure if you're interested in immediately going into that game next week or if you would rather keep going with Lego Incredibles, but either way, the full game of Lego Bricktales will be available for purchase starting tomorrow.

I think we'll keep going with The Incredibles and I'll wait to see if Bricktales goes on sale. Even if it's only $5 off that'll be better than nothing.

Early start, late finish, just enough time to complete those last three crime waves, followed by collecting all of the red bricks. (Though, as I tried to point out at the end of the stream, there's one more Pixar Build left, which was unlocked only by completing all the others. You'll find it in the Financial District, and I think you might be surprised by which Pixar character that final Pixar build will unlock.) As I had mentioned earlier, the achievement for "freeing a villain from jail" is essentially replaying any one of the ten crime waves you had already done, so that should help you decide when would be a good time to go for that achievement.

In addition to collecting Gold Bricks and Incredi-bricks, there's also various challenges to do throughout the hub area, which completing them will unlock some characters. The ones that must be done ten times are scattered throughout the entire city, while the ones that must be done five times are covered in only a single district, so each district will have their own challenge (and if I remember correctly, I'm sure you may have already completed one or two of them). I has considered suggesting you search for a guide to figure out where to find them all, but it seems the "Pickup Detector" red brick helps out with that with the question mark icons, so that should make the challenges a little easier to complete than I had anticipated. Even so, always be sure to keep an eye out for the ambient crimes so you can also get the achievement for doing 50 of those.

Also, I was a little busy typing in the chat about some of these things, so I didn't quite catch any specifics you mentioned about which weeks you won't be streaming. Do you mind repeating that here so I can be accurately aware of that?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, one achievement that could be a little tricky is the one for using all of Jack-Jack's abilities. While many of them can be used anywhere at any time, many others can only be used in certain special places, so you may want to consider looking up a guide for that particular achievement to help you track your progress on it.

Edited by Chronicler06

16 hours ago, Chronicler06 said:

Also, I was a little busy typing in the chat about some of these things, so I didn't quite catch any specifics you mentioned about which weeks you won't be streaming. Do you mind repeating that here so I can be accurately aware of that?

I won't be streaming on November 1st or 8th since I'll be out of town.

Good to see you were able to get nearly everything in three districts (missing only the gold brick in the floating container and the long flying race), so perhaps it won't take too long to complete everything in the hub area. And pretty spectacular to get that achievement for stopping 50 ambient crimes right at the last second of the stream. And seeing how many studs you were able to collect in just this stream alone, I would not be surprised if you get the achievement for one billion studs in the next stream.

Though the question mark indicators do point you to most of the challenges, the ones they don't show up for are the ambient crimes (both of those two challenges are already complete), putting out fires (I think you have to do that four more times to complete) and rescuing trapped civilians (I think you have to do that only one more time), so just remember to keep an eye out for any fires or trapped civilians, since the indicators won't help you with those particular challenges.

While I'm disappointed to again miss a chance to see the Lego Movie world in Lego Dimensions, I'm actually a little grateful that there will be no streams for the next two weeks, since I anticipate I'll possibly be a little busy with something else. In any case, I'll look forward to the next stream.

Finally back to Lego Incredibles, and some rather good progress getting more bricks and completing challenges. And with apparently two or three districts left to go through, there's a good chance you might have the entire hub area cleared out by the end of the month.

While you're getting through many of the challenges quite well, keep in mind that those indicator icons don't show up for any fires or trapped civilians, so you'll really need to keep an eye out for them (and not just pass them by and assume you'll somehow remember where to find them later). I also don't understand why you seem so quick to give up on some of the flying races. You'll have to complete them eventually, so why not just keep trying while you're familiar with the course? I just feel like you would waste more time by coming back to them later and having to relearn the course.

Anyway, another thing to keep in mind is the achievement for using all of Jack Jack's powers, so be sure to check for any guides to help you with a list to keep track of which ones you've done and have yet to try.

As always, I look forward to the next stream.

Edited by Chronicler06

Alright, you managed to fully complete everything in the hub area, and will be able to start the next stream going right into freeplay mode on the levels.

As for the remaining achievements, obviously there's a bunch for doing certain things in each specific level. Some are definitely more difficult than others, and I'll be sure to inform you when you're going for one that I remember struggling with when I played this game, as well as possibly offer some advice that might make them a little easier.

Aside from those achievements and the standard ones for game completion, there's also one that requires some characters you've yet to unlock (I'll let you know when you've got them and what to do with them), and finally there's the one for using all of Jack Jack's powers (remember, there's a lot of them to go through, and some can only be used in certain places, so make sure you can find a complete list from a guide somewhere to help you keep track).

A little progress done this week. At least you were able to confirm for this game that you don't need to actually complete the levels for the minikits you had collected to still count, so that should save some time over the next few streams. Good to see you got all the minikits in the first level and the level specific achievements in the first two levels, though unfortunate to get all but one minikit in the second level. (I did say I remember restarting some levels several times when I played this game, and now that it's starting to come back to me, I think this was one of those levels specifically because of that particular minikit. Since I can't really remember how exactly I eventually got it, I'm afraid I can't be of any further help on that.)

Anyway, I've been saying for quite a few months now that the next packs you should open for Lego Dimensions are Emmet and Unikitty. Not only will they provide new abilities to use, but also the red brick to be found in the Lego Movie world is the minikit detector, which I'm sure you'll find useful. However, there's a bit of a process to actually finding that particular red brick, so you may want to search for a guide somewhere to help you out with it. Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to next week's Lego Dimensions stream.

I read your posts every week and then think, 'I'll reply in the morning!' And that never seems to happen. So let's catch up!

On 10/25/2022 at 8:50 PM, Chronicler06 said:

While I'm disappointed to again miss a chance to see the Lego Movie world in Lego Dimensions, I'm actually a little grateful that there will be no streams for the next two weeks, since I anticipate I'll possibly be a little busy with something else. In any case, I'll look forward to the next stream.

Looks like we're finally getting to the LEGO Movie world!

On 11/15/2022 at 8:50 PM, Chronicler06 said:

I also don't understand why you seem so quick to give up on some of the flying races. You'll have to complete them eventually, so why not just keep trying while you're familiar with the course? I just feel like you would waste more time by coming back to them later and having to relearn the course.

Anyway, another thing to keep in mind is the achievement for using all of Jack Jack's powers, so be sure to check for any guides to help you with a list to keep track of which ones you've done and have yet to try.

If I'm really close, I definitely agree that trying again in the races makes sense. But with those flying ones, I was really getting frustrated with the controls, and knowing myself, if I kept doing it I would just get more frustrated and make more mistakes. Sometimes coming back to something with a clean outlook is the best choice, at least for me.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:55 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Aside from those achievements and the standard ones for game completion, there's also one that requires some characters you've yet to unlock (I'll let you know when you've got them and what to do with them), and finally there's the one for using all of Jack Jack's powers (remember, there's a lot of them to go through, and some can only be used in certain places, so make sure you can find a complete list from a guide somewhere to help you keep track).

I know I looked at the list of his powers at one point, but I need to consciously start checking them all off to make sure I hit them all.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:50 PM, Chronicler06 said:

A little progress done this week. At least you were able to confirm for this game that you don't need to actually complete the levels for the minikits you had collected to still count, so that should save some time over the next few streams. Good to see you got all the minikits in the first level and the level specific achievements in the first two levels, though unfortunate to get all but one minikit in the second level. (I did say I remember restarting some levels several times when I played this game, and now that it's starting to come back to me, I think this was one of those levels specifically because of that particular minikit. Since I can't really remember how exactly I eventually got it, I'm afraid I can't be of any further help on that.)

Anyway, I've been saying for quite a few months now that the next packs you should open for Lego Dimensions are Emmet and Unikitty. Not only will they provide new abilities to use, but also the red brick to be found in the Lego Movie world is the minikit detector, which I'm sure you'll find useful. However, there's a bit of a process to actually finding that particular red brick, so you may want to search for a guide somewhere to help you out with it. Regardless, I'm definitely looking forward to next week's Lego Dimensions stream.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had problems with that minikit piece. The guides made it look so easy, haha.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be sure to search for a guide for that red brick!

To be honest, I was quite excited to see the Lego Movie world and wanted to see you complete everything (or at least the things that were accessible with what you currently have available). The reason I had suggested researching how to find the Red Brick was because the guide I had checked specified only one way into those underground tunnels, but I guess we discovered several ways to get in there. As for the new characters, it was nice to see Emmet using his drill ability a lot, though we didn't really get a chance to see Unikitty work with rainbow bricks (but I'm sure an opportunity for that will come up soon enough).

And with the Lego Movie world visited (thus getting the achievement for visiting the three worlds of the starter pack characters), that now leaves only two left to go among the Year 1 content; Legends of Chima, and Wizard of Oz. For next month's Lego Dimensions stream, I would recommend opening the Fun Packs for the Chima characters (Laval, Eris, and Cragger), since that's possibly the only remaining ability you've yet to unlock. I honestly don't care which of those three you decide to open (Eris can fly and Cragger can dive underwater, if you want anything particularly useful), though I would prefer opening all three of them, just to get them out of the way.

I really enjoyed this week's stream, and will be looking forward to both next week's stream of Lego Incredibles and next month's stream of Lego Dimensions.

• Like 1

Good progress this week. Two more levels finished with all minikits and their respective achievements. For the next two levels, I don't recall anything particularly difficult, so I expect next week's stream will probably go relatively smoothly. Not much else I have to say this week (except maybe yet another reminder to keep track of all of Jack Jack's powers used so far), so I'll just leave it at that.

Two more levels with all minikits collected, though quite unfortunate that the achievement in that second level somehow failed to activate for whatever reason. Hopefully, next week's progress will go a bit more favorably.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:42 PM, confused piraka said:

could you play the bionicle heroes game?

Already done and fully completed years ago. Check the YouTube links at the very start of this topic, if you want to see how that went.

Edited by Chronicler06

53 minutes ago, Chronicler06 said:

Two more levels with all minikits collected, though quite unfortunate that the achievement in that second level somehow failed to activate for whatever reason. Hopefully, next week's progress will go a bit more favorably.

I think I might have figured it out, based on this topic. I had loaded up the game earlier in the evening to double-check what levels I would be playing tonight, and then my Xbox went into power save mode. So apparently I have to make sure I force quit the game and restart it if I do that again.

Two more levels fully completed, and three more achievements (including the one missed last week) unlocked, so good progress this week. I don't recall any particular difficulties with the next two levels (except perhaps for the achievement of the latter of the two levels, which I had some minor difficulty with and you somehow got it on your first try during story mode), so the next stream on this game shouldn't be too problematic, but I anticipate the last two levels could prove to be a little challenging in certain places. As for the achievement requiring one character attacking another, while neither of them are currently available, considering where in the story they appear, I think they will likely be unlocked after collecting the minikits in the very next level.

As for next week's stream of Lego Dimensions, as I said previously, I think the next packs to open should be all three of the Legends of Chima fun packs, so that you can use the Chi Power ability no matter where they appear. Once that's taken care of, I believe the only ability not yet unlocked (at least among the Year 1 characters) is the one that involves shooting a target to create a swing pole, which can be done by either Legolas or Sensei Wu, so I would recommend later on that you should just open all of the remaining Year 1 fun packs in a single stream, after you've visited all 14 worlds of the Year 1 content.

And thanks for informing us ahead of time that next week's stream might be a day later, depending on how things go.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure was nice to see some of the Chima world, as well as have an opportunity to see that Chi ability in action, so that'll be useful to know when you find it in other areas. Some other gold bricks also required quite an interesting mix of different abilities, especially that last one which gave us a chance to see Unikitty's ability after missing out last month.

For the next Lego Dimensions stream, there is now only one world (among the Year 1 content) you have yet to visit, and that's Wizard of Oz, and the only character available for that theme is the Wicked Witch, so I guess that'll be the pack you'll open next time. After that, I seem to recall you once mentioned an idea of just opening all remaining packs in one stream without doing any significant gameplay, so perhaps after exploring the Wizard of Oz world might be a good time to do that for the remaining Year 1 Fun Packs. Once all of those are out of the way, then you can either go back through the story levels to try collecting all the minikits and other stuff, or you could start going through some of the Year 2 special levels (I'd like to hear your opinion on that before I try to argue one way or the other).

As for the Incredibles, just four more levels left to fully complete (plus that one minikit from an earlier level you struggled to get) until you reach 100% completion. I anticipate it'll take more than two more streams, depending on how much you're willing to keep trying on that missed minikit or that achievement for dodging airplane debris in one of the levels (which I can say from experience got very frustrating until I finally got it). After that game is complete, I recall that Lego Jurassic World had been the next game to play that I had suggested (unless if you recently got Lego Bricktales, in which case I would like to see that game next).

So it would seem that Streamlabs, makers of the software we use to stream, pushed out an update that broke their application. I started getting things ready at about 6:30 PM yesterday and after about a half hour of issues reached out to their tech support, who were unable to resolve the problem by around 8 PM. Today I went to see if I could download an older version of Streamlabs, or switch to some other software, and they appear to have rolled back the current release and everything seems to be working now. I don't think that I'll be streaming this week, but at least we got it figured out!

Not too bad for this week's stream. At least you finally got the achievement for using all of Jack Jack's powers. All minikits collected in two more levels, and just two more left to go, along with their special achievements. And it's a good thing you apparently already got the level achievements for the levels you just completed, because you really didn't do well to avoid those goo cannons (then again, I suppose completing the final area by simply flying directly to the final platform might've made it easier, if you had to go for that achievement).

As for the achievement for having Bob attack Gilbert, I'm afraid I've got some bad news. I just looked up another guide, and it seems that to unlock Bob, you'll need to collect that one minikit you've thus far failed to collect on the second level. So, yeah, not only is that missing minikit needed for the completion achievements, but also to unlock one of the characters needed for that other achievement. I honestly don't know what else to say except to maybe study a playthrough video and see if perhaps it's simply a matter of perfect timing.

Well, we'll see how things go next week, but with that last minikit and the difficulty I'm anticipating with one of the remaining level specific achievements, I would not be surprised if you have to do one more stream the following week to finally complete the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Not seeing any news stating there's a Twitch Tuesday stream this week, so I assume it really is on indefinite hiatus. Hopefully, it won't be too long before we hear any news about when it might be back.

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2023 at 7:02 PM, Chronicler06 said:

Well, over a month has passed by now. Any updates yet on when it might be possible to resume any of your Twitch streams?

It's been a long, arduous, and expensive process, but I'm getting there. I doubt we'll be streaming this coming Tuesday, but hopefully the Tuesday after that.

I already tried my best to explain in the chat all the audio issues, so I won't bother repeating any of that here. Speaking of the chat, I just realized that none of the chat text showed up on the video screen like you had in previous streams, so I'm not sure if that's another setting you also need to adjust. In any case, I knew you would need some feedback for any potential issues, so I'm glad I decided to watch the stream and help you out as best as I could.

Technical issues aside, good to see you you were able to not only complete one more level, but also get that achievement that I had struggled so much with back when I first played that game. I had no idea that the secret was to simply remain perfectly motionless, and in hindsight, that could've saved me from having quite a frustrating day. Speaking of frustration, hopefully it won't take too much more effort for you to get that one minikit that you've struggled with so far, because as I said after the last stream, getting that last minikit in that level will unlock Bob Parr and allow you to get the achievement for having him attack Gilbert Huph.

Here's hoping for fewer issues on the next stream.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I haven't streamed in the past couple of weeks, I've still been spending some time trying to figure out the problem. It definitely seems to be something related to my computer and not my audio hardware or my streaming software. I have a couple ideas of things to try next, but if those don't work I'm at a loss.

• Like 1