Draphim the Dragonborn

New year, new MOC. Basically I just had an idea involving using parts from the Smaug bigfig and it turned into this guy. Meet Draphim the Dragonborn:

24081486502_6671b27f20_z.jpg

draphim_front_view_150px.jpgdraphim_side_view_150px.jpgdraphim_back_view_150px.jpg
(click the pics for higher resolutions!)

Not much to say about this guy really, except that he is an anthro dragon warrior that utilises parts from the Smaug bigfig. Plus I wanted to use that awesome printed Ninjago dragon shield piece and try some new torso and leg constructs. I also learnt that small Technic panels really work wonders for filling out arms where they use just a single bone to avoid them becoming flat. I think he came out really well, and I'm really pleased with the shield construct in particular.

As always, comments, upvotes and constructive criticism appreciated  :)

• Upvote 11

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

This guy is great!  I can't believe you haven't received more accolades for this MOC.  Who doesn't love a dragon-themed character, especially one as BA as this?!

Thanks! Give it some time. It's only 7 faves on Flickr away from becoming my most faved MOC so far (which is currently Skull Imitator Corphos)  :)

Glorious to say the least. That shield is outstanding. The only thing looking a little off is the golden mace piece on top of the staff.

Thanks. The gold mace piece was more a personal choice to spread the gold out a little bit in the colour scheme, to go with the rather gold-heavy shield  :)

Nice! This is some sweet armoring and weapons. I really love when people take poops and make them into fully fleshed-out figures, and the wings pull it together. The thickness of the legs feels a little off, though — the thighs should be thickest, slimming down towards the ankles. 

Thanks. The legs do actually thin out like that, but I admit the angles don't really make it very clear. I was going to add armour add-ons to the thighs to thicken them but it made them look ridiculously thick so I thought it'd be better off without them  :)

I think it's clear to say though - expect more Dragonborn MOC's from me over the next couple of months!  :D

My Flickr - My Brickshelf - My DeviantART

Latest MOC: Draphim the Dragonborn - Latest artwork: Mazzie Rati

MOC Accolades: Mechan'Rex, Steel Guardian (BFTGM 2nd place on EB) - Skeletal Dragon (Featured on BZP) - Skull Imitator Corphos (Featured on Creator's Corner) - CCBS Chess (Featured on BZP) - Draphim the Dragonborn (Most faved MOC of mine on Flickr) - BOB WIP (featured on Flickr's Explore page - don't ask me why)

If you see a creative topic from me, I'd appreciate a comment on it - it's how I learn and become better at what I do!

I want to insert some skyrim reference, but I dunno. Awesome MOC nonetheless, great use of pieces and colors! Everything just flows together in my option.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png