Answered - Automated Post Merging

Scorpion_Strike

Hi Bzpower,

I'm new here, and I'm trying to post an epic that I've been writing for a while. I've got the story and review topics all set up, but whenever I try to add a new chapter as a new post to the story topic, the forum instead automatically merges the post with my original one, which as far as I can tell will make it impossible for me to link individual chapters. Considering that I have 20 chapters ready to upload, I think it would be better if I could link them individually, rather than making people scroll through the entire thing in one post.

I'm guessing that the post merging feature was added to prevent double posting and such, but is it possible for me to turn it off on my story topic, so I can actually make individual posts for chapters that I can then link back to the summary at the top and the review topic?

Thanks,

- Scorpion_Strike

Edited by Scorpion_Strike

An answer from an admin: 

The setting is currently at 60 minutes. If you're seeing different behavior, let me know.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/13424-double-post-condensing-time/?p=693890

So you should be able to post your epic on the hour - and be finished in about two days, give or take. Does this answer satisfy you?

• Upvote 1

Sounds like things are cleared up! It's true the limit can be a little stifling when doing catch-up posts on stories and the like; sorry you got hit with it.

Since the question's answered, going ahead and locking this up.  (And welcome to BZP!)

Thanks to all who have replied. The question has been answered. If you have any further questions you may PM a leader of this forum.

Topic closed.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42