First LEGO Bionicle: The Journey to One Trailer Released

The LEGO Bionicle Facebook page has released a new 46-second trailer for LEGO Bionicle: The Journey to One episode 1, "Quest for Unity". In this trailer we hear some of the characters' new voices for the first time. The page also tells us that the series will premiere on Netflix on March 4th — later than was teased in the latest issue of LEGO Club Magazine, but only about two weeks from today. Follow the link above to watch the video!

View the full article

Yeah, I'm lovin' it! I still don't get why people are comparing it to the days of old in a negative manner, specifically the first few years in which they are from an entirely different continuity with a different set aesthetic and story style.

It's weird that people always want the old stuff and not something fresh...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'm lovin' it! I still don't get why people are comparing it to the days of old in a negative manner, specifically the first few years in which they are from an entirely different continuity with a different set aesthetic and story style.

And then if there's ever a gen 3, people will be wishing we still had gen 2... :P

But anyway, looks interesting! I'm excited, but I'll reserve my judgement until I actually see the show. :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Eh, it doesn't look very good.  <_<

The voice-acting is... meh. Lewa and Umarak's voices are cringe-worthy. The dialogue is mostly forgettable, but I liked two lines:

"You know so little of your powers." Now, Ekimu's voice is actually pretty solid. :P

"Darkness is rising, Toa, and you cannot stop it!" While it's a cheesy line (and Umarak's voice is awful), it feels very Bionicle to me, so it's good.

Eh, at least the Toa are actually using their powers instead of summoning multi-colored lightning. :P

I'll only be watching the show for the animation, and to see if the story is halfway decent this year.While there seem to be a few good qualities, I'm not impressed.  <_<

• Upvote 2

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

And then if there's ever a gen 3, people will be wishing we still had gen 2... :P

Exactly! It happens with so many things. People get tangled up in nostalgia and don't enjoy the moment with what's already in front of them. 

It's happened too much with this new line...

• Upvote 2

The animation looks really good, and the story seems serviceable. Ekimu's voice actor is also pretty good.

Unfortunately, most of these performances are terrible from what we can see here. Lewa I guess I can learn to live with if I have to, even if it does sound like he's slowly reading off-screen cue cards, but by all that is holy, Umarak's voice is about as fitting as casting Hello Kitty as Darth Vader. It's like if Skeletor became a chain smoker and inhaled a bottle of helium right before getting a throat infection.

• Upvote 3

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I find it a tad weird that nobody and I mean NOBODY even mentioned Kopaka's voice. Not here, not anywhere else online...

We have like one tiny voice clip of it from that trailer. It's hard to judge a clip that short unless it's really good or really bad.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

The animation looks really good, and the story seems serviceable. Ekimu's voice actor is also pretty good.

Unfortunately, most of these performances are terrible from what we can see here. Lewa I guess I can learn to live with if I have to, even if it does sound like he's slowly reading off-screen cue cards, but by all that is holy, Umarak's voice is about as fitting as casting Hello Kitty as Darth Vader. It's like if Skeletor became a chain smoker and inhaled a bottle of helium right before getting a throat infection.

I agree, Umarak's voice is simply so bad. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm not feeling it.

I love the art, and the short character teasers did their job of getting me excited and interested. However, this trailer has rather dashed that interest. Obviously I am no longer in the target demographic (I still enjoy plenty of things where I'm not though), but it's almost like what they're aiming for here is even lower than what I expected it to be. The voice work also leaves much to be desired; Umarak's in particular could not be more ill-fitting.

I'll still be giving it a shot. One may call my take silly for such a short trailer, but their purpose is to give you a sense of what a program will be like and I don't know if I'll like it so much from this. Just not as hopeful for it now as I had been.

~|ET|~

Edited by Ektris
  • Upvote 1

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I'd say it looks not bad.  Can't judge by trailers because they are not good representations in most cases.  Umarak's voice is obviously unexpected and is choke inducing, but I'm glad they didn't pick the cliche "DEEP BOOMING EVIL VILLAIN VOICE."  Ekimu's voice = thumbs up

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

I'm not feeling it.

I love the art, and the short character teasers did their job of getting me excited and interested. However, this trailer has rather dashed that interest. Obviously I am no longer in the target demographic (I still enjoy plenty of things where I'm not though), but it's almost like what they're aiming for here is even lower than what I expected it to be. The voice work also leaves much to be desired; Umarak's in particular could not be more ill-fitting.

I'll still be giving it a shot. One may call my take silly for such a short trailer, but their purpose is to give you a sense of what a program will be like and I don't know if I'll like it so much from this. Just not as hopeful for it now as I had been.

~|ET|~

My thoughts exactly.

I'm impressed with the art style. It reminds me of a beefed-up MNOG, which is a very good thing.

Mask of Light might not have been the greatest BIONICLE media, but I really felt satisfied with the voices. When Tahu Nuva spoke, it just felt right. I've always read his dialogue in that voice since. I really hope the new voice actors can meet the fans' expectations.

Umarak's voice isn't bad, but it just doesn't seem to fit him much. I was kind of hoping Umarak would be kind of a silent, yet menacing hunter, with a Ron Pearlman kind of voice. I guess when I first saw Umarak, I was kind of hoping he could be a BIONICLE Deathstroke.

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

Very exciting! Not that it shares that many aesthetic similarities, but the quality reminds me a bit of recent Transformers cartoons (like Prime and Robots in Disguise). Like, nothing too fancy, but if it means we get to see the Toa in action, I'll definitely take something that isn't quite "cinema quality" yknow?

At this point, I'm inclined to say the animation is a huge step up from the g1 trilogy, and maybe on the same level as the Bara Magna one...whatever that one was called. The one thing I'm sure will never measure up to the trilogy is the music. For a series of kids' movies that are hard to enjoy without some sentimental attachment, the score was actually really fantastic.

The most important thing here though is that there's a show! And last year I was worrying that G2 wasn't gonna have much of a story.

I'll hold my judgement until after I see it for myself.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing they're taking the same route for this series as with the last Hero Factory movie, by which I mean they've apparently got the production staff doing at least some of the voice acting instead of actually hiring professional voice actors. That would explain why none of the actor names were recognizeable, and it lends more evidence to my growing suspicion that the budget for this production (and the Bionicle reboot in general) is really low.

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing they're taking the same route for this series as with the last Hero Factory movie, by which I mean they've apparently got the production staff doing at least some of the voice acting instead of actually hiring professional voice actors. That would explain why none of the actor names were recognizeable, and it lends more evidence to my growing suspicion that the budget for this production (and the Bionicle reboot in general) is really low.

It doesn't seem like that to me at all. Even though none of the voice actors were names I recognized, I did check IMDB and their credits are generally all in voice acting (albeit, in many cases, for shows that didn't air in the United States) rather than in other areas of TV production. So I imagine they were hired specifically for voice acting, rather than as storyboarders or animators or anything like that.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Man, I love this! Things are getting epic!:D When I look at this, it gives me a feel from Transformers: Energon, Transformers: Cybertron and Transformers: Robots in Disguise in 2015. I like the animation, still. How Lewa is voiced is good, but Umarak's voice sounds like a male version Captain Phasma's from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I am not too fond of Umarak's voice because he doesn't sound as menacing and dark as I thought because of his bio in the Bionicle website.

Anyway, I am still excited for the show! Man, this is exciting!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

also, this trailer is pieced together from pieces of the episodes, so dont count your chickens just yet.

:m_p:  :i:  :s:  :h:  Kopaka.png  :i:  :s:  :s:  :e:  :l:

"INTJ PROUD;" 80788-81311-MI

Looks awesome. I love the animation style - the more detailed but cel-shaded look of the characters, but set in an almost cartoon back-drop. Voice work sounds meh for the most part - I like Ekimu but Umarak seems mismatched and Lewa's echoiness is bothering me. Regardless, I am still so stoked for this show to drop this week. Binge watching for sure!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg