Animation: Lewa and the Rama

emily

Haha, looks like Lewa was really enjoying himself! This is really great. Good job constructing those backgrounds and animations, they looked professional. Also, fantastic use of Lewa11's Lewa music. You pulled off exactly what I had visualized when I first heard the song.

• Upvote 2

Wow there are no words to describe hau awesome this is I mean mata nui that animation was good and the music was the same level of over the top skill! Wonderful job!

Btw hey click I haven't seen you in forever

Here came the bride all dressed in white I wish it was red then you all be deadlandscape_xlarge.jpg

Excellent. Oustanding animation, which matches the music perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing more work from you. :)

By the way, if you made this as a Flash animation, could you also provide us with a .swf file for playback? The framerate on YouTube is less than optimal and the benefit of vector graphics is also lost this way.

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

This is absolutely beautiful.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Thanks everyone so much for the feedback! Glad you all like it and I look forward to making more stuff in the future.

The sprites look EXACTLY like the MNOG games

They're from Templar's stuff, so I should hope so! :D

This needs so much more exposure.

How long did it take you to produce it?

The concept has been floating in my head since I first heard the music, and at some point over the past 6 months I penciled down different ideas for reference. The bulk of the animation was done over about a week and a half of heavy work during my spring break.

Excellent. Oustanding animation, which matches the music perfectly. I'm looking forward to seeing more work from you. :)

By the way, if you made this as a Flash animation, could you also provide us with a .swf file for playback? The framerate on YouTube is less than optimal and the benefit of vector graphics is also lost this way.

I didn't do this initially because of the poor sound compression Flash has. Apparently, though, that's just by default and easily remedied.

So!

HIGH QUALITY SWF VERSION NOW AVAILABLE HERE

Edited by Pereki

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

That's great. Do you plan to do more projects like this in the future?

To all BIONICLE fanfiction writers - send me your work, I'd genuinely love to read it - especially canon compliant pieces. I'm always looking for more such material to read and to circulate with my friends.

This really is incredible. I love that the story is how Lewa got himself into the situation we see him in MNOG. The fight between all the Rama and the changing Kanohi really made the fight entertaining beyond it being a hack and smash. This is great work.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Great job, Pereki. You captured MNOG's style perfectly.

(The music, though, I know I've heard something quite similar before. Can't place it. Maybe it was just listening to the QotT soundtrack at some point, although I don't remember listening to it that much.)

Edited by Kopekemaster
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

First of all, please let me just say that, although I visit BZP for news information now and then, I actually made an account just so I could congratulate you on this piece of work.  I've honestly wanted this fight scene to exist for some time and am so glad you have created it and done it justice.

The sprites look EXACTLY like the MNOG games

They're from Templar's stuff, so I should hope so!

Am I missing something that is common knowledge here, or have you managed to extract the graphic files that made up MNOG? I've tried searching for them countless times but haven't been able to get aything usable in order to do some flash animating myself.  Any advice on this for a "I've not animated in years but used to be fairly decent at it" animator who does not want to spend any more time attempting to clone this art style? :P

Anyway, thanks again for putting the time into this.  It's made my week

First of all, please let me just say that, although I visit BZP for news information now and then, I actually made an account just so I could congratulate you on this piece of work.  I've honestly wanted this fight scene to exist for some time and am so glad you have created it and done it justice.

Am I missing something that is common knowledge here, or have you managed to extract the graphic files that made up MNOG? I've tried searching for them countless times but haven't been able to get aything usable in order to do some flash animating myself.  Any advice on this for a "I've not animated in years but used to be fairly decent at it" animator who does not want to spend any more time attempting to clone this art style? :P

Anyway, thanks again for putting the time into this.  It's made my week

SWFRIP can take stuff out of SWF files, like Templar's BIONICLE stuff is largely made up of. I use Flash CS6 for animating, I don't know how well/if other programs would be able to use what SWFRIP pulls out.

Glad you liked the animation, thanks for registering just to say so!

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

SWFRIP can take stuff out of SWF files, like Templar's BIONICLE stuff is largely made up of. I use Flash CS6 for animating, I don't know how well/if other programs would be able to use what SWFRIP pulls out.

Glad you liked the animation, thanks for registering just to say so!

Thanks!  I'll probably have a go with MNOG just to test and play with, but I'll leave the serious work to the pro's such as yourself ;)