THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER 4: THE BATTLE OF THE GENERATIONS

fishers64

Signups are now closed.

25676372460_891b371c2a_z.jpg

CHARACTERS/PROFILES:

THERE ARE TWO PROFILES FOR THIS GAME. YOU MUST FILL OUT BOTH!!!

Profile #1:
Adaptation: 1
Biomechanics: 2
Conjuring: 3
Enlarge/Regenerate: 4
Weaken/Freeze: 5
Teleport/Reconstitute: 6

Profile #2:
Magic: 6
Iron: 5
Strength: 4
Fire/Earth: 3
Water/Ice: 2
Jungle/Stone: 1

EACH PROFILE MUST BE EQUAL TOO OR LESS THAN 21 POINTS APIECE. (THE TWO PROFILES IN TOTAL ADD UP TO 42, BUT THE MAXIMUM FOR ONE PROFILE IS 21.)

THESE ARE JUST EXAMPLES. YOU MAY ALLOCATE YOUR 21 POINTS AMONG THE POWERS AS YOU SEE FIT. You are allowed to have zero of any number of powers, and 6 of any number of powers, and 5 of any number of powers, etc, as long as your total is no greater than 21 for each profile, and all of the powers' numbers are 6 or less, as 6 is the maximum for any power category.

If you do not allocate any resources into a category (i.e. 0), any masks you attempt to acquire of that element will result in failure automaticallyIf you have six, it will automatically result in success. Any numbers in between will indicate your chance to acquire them, as decided by RNG (5/6, 4/6, etc).

You are allowed to have a profile that adds up to less than 21, and the jury is out on whether it is an effective strategy. It is the hope that the CORRECTIVE MEASURES employed in this game will render such a strategy INEFFECTIVE. As such, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED for your profile to add up to 21 points, and it is believed that it will result in the most desirable outcome for you as a player.

HOW THIS GAME WORKS:

After signups are closed and all profiles are submitted, I will divide the players via RNG into two teams.

One team, Team Generation #1, will use Profile #1. They WILL NOT USE PROFILE #2 – that information shall be disregarded as irrelevant.

The other team, Team Generation #2, will use Profile #2. They WILL NOT USE PROFILE #1.

I will send out group PMs to each of the teams. Should we have an odd number of players, an immortal entity known as Player 1 will be added to the under numbered team. This being cannot be killed, but it cannot forge masks or disks.

ROUNDS (6):

This game will be slightly different than previous games in how the rounds are organized. Instead of everyone having to wait around while I get everyone’s response and FINALLY get to the scene, I will be writing in your PMs the result of your resource gathering attempts and attacks ASAP after they happen.

This means that one player can be on Round 1 while another is on Round 6 – however, once you have completed 6 rounds, you are barred from taking any action from the rest of the game…except possibly watching your slow and inevitable demise or victory.

Every 24 hours I will be writing a full status in this topic for everyone. At that point, everyone will be moved up a round regardless of whether they have responded or not. You may go faster, but not slower, than the 24 hour round system.

Part 1: Mask Making – Post in your Group PM which Mask or Mask combination you would like to attempt to forge. You may only forge one Mask or Mask combination (as indicated by the profile) per round.

Part 2: Attacks - You may use your Masks to attack other players from the other team. To do so, post the player you wish to attack, the mask you wish to attack with, and the mask you want from the other player should your attack succeed. If the amount of attacks on one player exceed the number of Masks they have in possession, they will be killed and removed from the game.

TEAM MASKS:

The following masks, once they are forged, may be passed among team members freely by mutual agreement for better attack effectiveness or to keep them safe. Forging them takes one Mask Making round.

THE MASK OF ULTIMATE POWER

The Mask of Ultimate Power allows the possessor of the Mask to kill off another player each Attack Round and take all of the masks currently in possession. This mask must be forged by the following combination: Fire, Earth, Water, Ice, Jungle, and Stone. Those on Team Generation #2 are the only ones who can make the masks to earn this mask; however, those on Team Generation #1 may steal the Masks in question in order to forge it.

Once it is made, it cannot be stolen except for an attack with another Mask of Ultimate Power.

THE MASK OF TIME

The Mask of Time allows the possessor of the Mask to stop a kill attempt with the Mask of Ultimate Power or any other attack by slowing down time around themselves. This Mask must be forged with the following combination: Enlarge, Regenerate, Weaken, Freeze, Teleport, Reconstitute. Those on Team Generation #1 are the only ones who can make the masks to earn this mask; however, those on Team Generation #2 may steal the Masks in question in order to forge it.

Once it is made, it cannot be stolen.

THE MASK OF CREATION

The Generation 1 Mask of Creation must be forged with Adaptation, Biomechanics, and Conjuring, while the Generation 2 Mask of Creation must be forged with Magic, Metal, and Strength.

The Generation 1 team must forge the Generation 1 mask of Creation to win the game, and the Generation 2 team must forge the Generation 2 Mask of Creation to win. Further Masks of Creation may be from either Generation, as long as there is one matching the team’s location.

THE TEAM THAT MAKES THEIR MASK OF CREATION AND GETS THE MOST PLAYERS THROUGH ALL 6 ROUNDS FIRST IS THE WINNER!

ROUND 0:

I REQUIRE FOUR PLAYERS FOR THE FIRST ROUND TO BEGIN. THE MORE THE MERRIER - THERE IS NO MAXIMUM! Please ask any questions you may have!

ROUND 1 BEGINS IN 48 HOURS FROM THE TIME AT THE TOP OF THIS POST, WEATHER PERMITTING! You are allowed to enter until the moment my post starting Round 1 hits the server.

Post them profiles! MOOOOOOOOOOM!

PLAYER LIST (UNTEAMED): 

7. Ghidora the crazytoran extraordinaire
19. Nato the Australian, enemy of Ghidora and other RPG characters
1. FF, defeater of Umarak.
2. ToaTimeLord, Ice SaxaRahkshi.
3. Tekulo, as himself
4. Makuta Luroka, superior strategist
5. TwilightVezon, slightly brighter than normal, but probably complaining no less

6. Pahrak, driver of the Cahdok Cruser and finder of Pokemon
8. Pulse, rational revenge seeker

Edited by fishers64
  • Upvote 5

Might as well give this a go.

Profile #1:

Adaptation: 4

Biomechanics: 1

Conjuring: 1

Enlarge/Regenerate: 5

Weaken/Freeze: 5

Teleport/Reconstitute: 5

Profile #2:

Iron: 5

Strength: 5

Fire/Earth: 0

Water/Ice: 5

Jungle/Stone: 0

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Saxrahkshi back for another MoUP game.

Profile #1:

Adaptation: 5

Biomechanics: 4

Conjuring: 1

Enlarge/Regenerate: 4

Weaken/Freeze: 2

Teleport/Reconstitute: 5

Profile #2:

Iron: 2

Strength: 3

Fire/Earth: 4

Water/Ice: 5

Jungle/Stone: 1

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I'll join as well.

Profile #1:

Adaptation: 4

Biomechanics: 6

Conjuring: 0

Enlarge/Regenerate: 5

Weaken/Freeze: 1

Teleport/Reconstitute: 5

Profile #2:

Magic: 3

Fire/Earth: 5

Water/Ice: 4

Jungle/Stone: 0

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

*arrives in Cahdok Cruiser Model 358/2--Configuration 'Bidimension Forge'*

Profile 1

Adaptation: 5
Biomechanics: 3
Conjuring: 2
Enlarge/Regenerate: 3
Weaken/Freeze: 4
Teleport/Reconstitute: 4

Profile 2

Magic: 4
Fire/Earth: 2
Water/Ice: 3
Jungle/Stone: 3

I might as well join. I seek revenge. 

Profile #1:
Adaptation: 6
Biomechanics: 3
Conjuring: 5
Enlarge/Regenerate: 2
Weaken/Freeze: 2
Teleport/Reconstitute: 3

Profile #2:
Magic: 2
Iron: 3
Strength: 2
Fire/Earth: 6
Water/Ice: 3
Jungle/Stone: 5

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Nah, that description's pretty good. (Well, I wouldn't say slightly brighter, but I suppose as my appearance hasn't actually changed to represent my now equal mastery of Light and Shadow, it'd be hard to tell. It's only a nitpick anyway.)

Edited by TwilightVezon

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Proof.

:P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

END OF ROUND 0

The two mask makers clashed in a...somewhat pathetic Mask Maker battle. Except these were the mask makers of all Okoto and all time, so this was more than just a showdown of swinging hammers and shots fired...although it was a battle of swinging hammers and shots fired. 

Makuta's Mask of Control glowed as legions of Skull Spiders swarmed to his aid...only to be beaten by the valiant Toa that stood behind Ekimu. Elemental Creatures were summoned to aid the evil Mask Maker...only for the creations of Ekimu to beat them down. 

It seems, thought Makuta, that we are too evenly matched. It is time to summon the villains all over Okoto to my aid. 

Meanwhile, Ghidora, immortal crazytoran, was just sitting down at his table for lunch. It was a brand new house that still smelled of fresh paint - his house had been destroyed in his first quest to get the Mask of Ultimate Power, and between getting set back in time and going creature hunting, he hadn't exactly remembered to pay his rent. So when the ghostly form of Makuta Teridax appeared in front of him, his first thoughts were of candles and cupcakes, of course. 

"My impostor Mask Maker brother thinks he can stand up to the wiles of Ekimu. But you know the truth. Join me and we will put an end to that sleazy Mask Maker that everyone knows is the real bad guy once and for all!" 

"Do I get lollipops?" said Ghidora. 

"You will get anything you want. Join me." 

"...end to that sleazy Mask Maker once and for all." said Pahrak. "Sounds like a good idea. I'm in." 

"But that doesn't make any sense," said Nato. "We're all on the same side - we don't need any dimensional meddling from you. If we all work together, we can win the battle without enlisting the help of the other Makuta. He's a sociopathic liar and a two-faced traitor!" 

Makuta Luroka walked up to Nato and silently nodded agreement. He had suffered enough under the reign of Teridax. TwilightVezon also walked up behind those two without saying anything. 

"I'm not comfortable with him," said Tekulo. "Usually he puts people like me into stasis tubes." 

"I don't care," said Pulse. "I want revenge on all of you for my defeat last time."

Nato sighed as the two groups lined up against each other and started unlimbering weapons. "Are we going to fight over this, too?"

"We better make it quick." said Pahrak. "We don't have much time." 

"Time?" said Shadow FF. "Time for what?" 

"Time to get the old Makuta on our side so we can kick Ekimu's butt," said Pahrak. "Let's move. First one to the Mask of Creation gets it."

The ice SaxaRahkshi showed up then, looking confused. He nervously edged toward Luroka and TwilightVezon, thinking them the smarter ones out of the group.

BEGIN ROUND 1 PART 1

Team PMs will be sent out in 10-20 seconds. Please consult them for instructions. 

Team Generation #1

1. Ghidora

2. Shadow FF
3. Pahrak #0579
4. Pulse
5. Player 1(to balance the teams)

Team Generation #2

1. Nato
2. ToaTimeLord
3. Tekulo
4. Makuta Luroka
5. TwilightVezon

You have 24 hours to respond to your Team PMs with your action(s)! Go!

24 HOURS HAVE ELAPSED...

"Okay team," said Pahrak. "We're going to forge the mask of Creation. That will beat back our enemies for sure." FF, who had recently taken on a dark persuasion, agreed. The two forged masks of Adaptation and Biomechanics. Pulse joined them in trying to make a Mask of Conjuring, but he was distracted by loud playing from the SaxaRahkshi and inadvertently shattered it to bits. 

Meanwhile, Tekulo and the IceSaxaRahkshi built Masks of Iron and Water and Ice, going out to attack, only to be met with failure as Pahrak and Pulse managed to flee the scene in time to escape in Pahrak's Cahdok cruiser. Shadow FF lashed out at the Rahkshi by controlling his saxophone to play some off key notes, but he just tapped his foot to the beat and stared absentmindedly. 

Pahrak turned the cruiser around and tried to run it into Nato, but the leader of the team opposing Makuta would not turn to violence: "I will not be dragged into this petty war." Instead, he tried to make a Mask of Strength, but with all of the blabbing from the Rahkshi who was talking about masks of Ultimate power he gave up and stalked off to go vent his frustration. 

Somewhere else, Ghidora was engaged in a staring contest with Twilight Vezon. He found every detail of the Skakdi immensely fascinating...so much so that he ignored all of Nato's magic tricks. Finally, he got bored and went to go make a Mask of Biomechanics, but since he didn't know what that even was, the mask didn't work at all. 

Meanwhile, Makuta Luroka forged a Mask of Iron and plotted his next move...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Team Generation #1

1. Ghidora - Round 2 Part 1 - has nothing to attack with, so back to the forges.

2. Shadow FF - Round 2 Part 2 - can attack or skip attack and forge again.
3. Pahrak #0579  - Round 2 Part 2 - can attack or skip attack and forge again.
4. Pulse - Round 2 Part 1 - has nothing to attack with, so back to the forges.
5. Player 1(to balance the teams)

Team Generation #2

1. Nato - Round 2 Part 2 - can attack or skip attack and forge again.
2. ToaTimeLord - Round 2 Part 2 - can attack or skip attack and forge again.
3. Tekulo - Round 2 Part 1 - can forge next
4. Makuta Luroka - Round 1 Part 2 - can attack or forge next
5. TwilightVezon - moved up to Round 2 due to inactivity

You have 24 hours to respond to your Team PMs with your action(s)! Go!

TOO MANY HOURS HAVE ELAPSED...

Pahrak #0579 stalked off with his masks of Weaken and Freeze, and snatched Makuta Luroka's Mask of Iron by adapting to the toxic environment therein. Furious, the Makuta locked himself in his forge, finishing the Mask of Creation by sheer force of will.

Meanwhile, Shadow FF tried to teleport a Saxarahkshi. He soon found that teleporting him transmuted the sound of the Rahkshi's horn to a high pitched scream. FF covered his ears. 

Elated, the Ice Saxarahkshi turned to attack Pahrak #0579, but the Bohrok blocked that attack with a massive boulder and stalked back to his forge. 

Meanwhile, Pulse and TwilightVezon looked up from their forges as Pahrak passed by, confused. Tekulo exclaimed with joy as he finished his masks multiple times, and everyone stared at him. Except for Ghidora. "I'm done staring." the crazytoran said. "What is the quickest way to get free ducks?" He forged the Masks of Weaken and Freeze, because everyone was weak and frozen. 

And indeed this was true. For the entire game, in a universe warping way that disturbed everyone, had become frozen in time. 

Except for Ghidora. 

And it seemed that Pahrak had installed time-warp resistant walls on his forge. Because him and Shadow FF kept working, working on masks that their Makuta overlord would appreciate. Soon, those two would forge the Mask of Time. 

Meanwhile, Nato became unfrozen do to pure outrage against the time-freezing crazytoran and forged a Mask of Iron. He then stomped around, trying to use magic to open Pahrak's time-frozen door, but it didn't work. Furious, he stalked back to his forge and made a mask of Strength, which he used to wake up Tekulo. Tekulo succeeded in opening the door, due to his wit and charm, and snatching the Masks of Teleport and Reconstitute, only for the Bohrok to turn around, snatch the Masks back, and slam the door in his face. 

Nato then tried to punch the Bohrok, only for Pahrak to smash his shield into him and laugh in his face. Tekulo went to get his own Mask of Strength to withstand the time-freeze on his own. He then bashed into the Saxarahkshi. The Ice Saxarahkshi used his ice powers to return everything to normal. He then used an ice-slide to zing past Pahrak and steal the Bohrok's mask of Adaptation. 

Tekulo tried to imprison Pahrak in an Iron cage, only for the Bohrok to shred the bars as if they were paper. He finally returned to his forge with Shadow FF. 

Pulse finished his Mask of Conjuring, shaking off the Ice. What had just happened?

Gritting his teeth at Nato, the crazytoran lashed out with his disks, trying to freeze Nato again, but it didn't work, since the more sensible Matoran got out of the way. Tekulo tried to make a Mask of Strength again...

...only to be distracted by Luroka's departure. Taking his masks, the Makuta stomped off toward the battle of Makuta and Ekimu, ready to aid the winning side. 

His own. 

Shadow FF tried to stop his exit, but it didn't work. 

Finally with some peace, Nato examined his new Mask of Creation, and then he did something some might expect, but many might think was stupid, treating a priceless treasure in such a way. He put it on. 

And the results of that...are yet to be seen. 

TO BE CONTINUED. 

Team Generation #1: 

Ghidora - Round 3 Part 1 - Forge

Shadow FF - Round 5 Part 1 - Forge

Pahrak #0579 - Round 5 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Pulse - Round 2 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Player 1

Team Generation #2: 

Nato - 1 Mask of Creation - Round 6 Part 1 - Forge

ToaTimeLord - Round 4 Part 1 - Forge

Tekulo  - Round 4 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Makuta Luroka - Round 6 Part 2 - Attack or Game's End

Twilight Vezon - Round 2 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Oh noes.... what have I done? 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

48 HOURS HAVE ELAPSED...

Pulse, trying to recover his wits, saw Luroka escaping, and snatched his Mask of Iron...only to find that it wasn't the Makuta's hard won Mask of Creation. He could have sworn Luroka had one. Where was it? While he was wondering, Luroka snatched some masks from Shadow FF for some reason and disappeared. 

Meanwhile, Nato used his Mask of Creation...to create a Mask of Time.  

Tekulo and the Ice SaxaRahkshi continued to toil on their masks, trying to make them work right. Tekulo finally got what he wanted, while the SaxaRahkshi spread out a seemingly random collection of masks around him, looking for inspiration. 

Sighing, Pulse went back to his forge and started working. Just as he was finally finishing his Mask, TwilightVezon finally got out of time-freeze and tried to stab at Pulse, only for Pahrak #0579 to drive up in his car and snatch Pulse away from danger. Pahrak then tried to chase Tekulo, which didn't work out well at all. 

TO BE CONTINUED. SIX DAYS REMAIN: THE CLOCK IS ON ROUND 3 PART 1. EVERYONE IS PAST THAT EXCEPT FOR GHIDORA AND TWILIGHT VEZON. THE FUTURE DEPENDS ON YOU. SORT OF.

Team Generation #1: 

Ghidora - Round 3 Part 1 - Forge

Shadow FF - Round 4 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Pahrak #0579 - Round 5 Part 1 - Forge

Pulse - Round 4 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Player 1

Team Generation #2: 

Nato - 1 Mask of Creation - Round 6 Part 2 - DONE

ToaTimeLord - Round 5 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Tekulo  - Round 5 Part 2 - Attack or Skip

Makuta Luroka - Round 6 Part 2 - DONE

Twilight Vezon - Round 3 Part 1 - Forge

Well, I certainly feel accomplished. 

INFORMATION

Blink. Blink. Swing. Hammer crunch. I'm on the floor. Why is this happening?

My allies. I summoned them. 

[iNFORMATION]

I see the indicator on my helmet. I open it. It reads: 

INFORMATION

Pahrak #0579's attack #1 against Tekulo has failed. 

ToaTimeLord's attack #2 against Pahrak #0579 was successful. 

Tekulo's attempt to forge a Mask of Creation was successful. 

Pulse's attempt to forge a Mask of Adaptation was successful. 

Ghidora's attempt to forge a Mask of Adaptation was successful. 

TwlightVezon's attempt to forge a Mask of Iron was successful.

What the . I roll over to evade my brother's next swing - 

My mind stops. I know he's not my brother. But I'm so used to playing games, to taking on roles, to hiding who I really am under farces. It's amazing how such a keen mind on discovering truth, on not tolerating lies, can so easily craft illusions. But I suppose that understanding truth helps you understand lies as well. You think about one, the other one never is far behind. 

WHACK. I shudder as my armor shatters, revealing something worse than death. 

Time stops. 

Somewhere else, Pulse triumphantly held up his Mask of Creation. The Ice Saxarahkshi finally managed the nigh-impossible task of forging the Mask of Jungle and Stone. The Mask of Ultimate Power would soon be his! But first, time to slow down Pahrak so Tekulo could escape and finish his Mask of Creation...

Time stopped. 

The combatants stood on the field. Pulse was holding a newly-forged mask of Adaptation, as was Ghidora. Ghidora was in the midst of dropping the mask because of how much it burned. Twlight Vezon looked vacantly at his mid-forged Mask of Iron, stuck in the moment. 

And into this moment, I dropped in. As in, I literally hit the floor, causing a shockwave. After all, I am the master of this universe. I can go wherever I want to go. Something Ekimu never knew about, I suppose. He was off in his own mind, chasing his own idea of destiny. Everything is fixed - people, places, and what they do. He wanted me to believe that. I never did - the problem was, he assumed that the path of everyone was the same, that everyone had the same purpose. He was wrong, so very wrong on that. 

But I fell into the same trap of assumptions. Instead of believing that things were fixed by something I could not fathom, I assumed that I, Makuta, could fix them. Change them. Put them in the same pattern. And people readily submit to these patterns if they are presented well enough. Even as dull as this pattern was. 

But I knew. And that made what I was doing not enlightenment, but a cruel joke. And you can only laugh at those for so long, before they are no longer funny. 

My shockwave hit the Rahkshi, knocking his mask off. Immediately Nato was at hand. 

"What happened to you?" he snapped, waving a staff in front of my face. "You promised that you would keep to a schedule and respond quickly."

"And post scenes every 24 hours," Pahrak added.

"Why?" demanded the Rahkshi, pointing a staff at me. "I was about ready to make the Mask of Ultimate power and kill everyone! Well, I mean Pahrak," he said, looking at Pahrak #0579, "but..."

"I'm DONE WITH THIS!" I shouted at all of them.

"That's horrible timing," Nato said. "Come on, finish the game."

"I can't," I said. "I can't lie to you anymore. This is over."

"What?" said Pulse. "You're not lying to anyone...well I guess you are lying to everyone, if you mean the part where you said you would respond to PMs and post the scenes on time."

I took off my mask, looking at the mask in front of me with its three black spikes on either side. "This is a Mask of Ultimate Power.  A mask, for all of you who flunked first grade English, is something that conceals. The true Ultimate Power is out there waiting for us, and we're fighting each other over something to try to hide it."

"But in Bionicle, things are different," insisted Pulse. "In Bionicle, masks grant power."

"I'm really confused," said Ghidora.

"In this world, they take it away," I said. I took off my other mask, the mask of control, only to reveal my face underneath.

"You all bought into the lie." I snap as it starts to rain. "Therefore, you all lose. Get out of here."

I stomp off, leaving the combatants on the battlefield to shuffle away alone.

"I raise by 10," Ghidora said, sucking on peppermint candy. Raindrops fell all over him, diluting the peppermint taste and no doubt ruining his cards, but he didn't care.

There was no one across from him. He was alone, sitting on a bench in an alley. There was a sign above him that read "Pies: $5." If someone came along, he might have to explain why he wasn't selling pie.

It was then that he started floating. Off of his chair. Into the sky. And the sky was coming down.

"The sky is falling!" he shouted.

But of course, nobody listened.

GAME OVER. 

I said what I meant, and I meant what I said. But you can choose what to believe. As you will. 

I, fishers. 

THE END

• Upvote 2

I use my Mask of Time to freeze you in place and take the win for myself.