G&T Contest #2: Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows

-Windrider-

sunlolirain_zpsfrxqrbjy.jpg

Hitman. Beat Up the Toa. Mafia. Steal the Mask. (Have you seen what goes on in there?) Knives & Guns. Goodness, guys, you sure are a violent bunch! Today, we change that.

Theme:

You must learn to control your violent tendencies in this contest. The goal here is to make a game that is nice and fluffy and sweet, and not bloody. Create a game that excludes all violence, using any sort of form or fashion you may fancy. The options here are diverse! Just, please, put down that mallet. You're scaring me...

Structure (IMPORTANT):

All entries will stay open for two weeks +3 days after the date of being posted. This way, people aren't overwhelmed by the number of games to play after the entry period while still equalizing playtime. Basically, same as last time.

To Enter:

Post your game topic, then post here with the following:

Member name:
Game title:
Game topic:

Dates:

The entry period will run from midnight, April 1st (Eastern time) until Monday, April 18th at 11:59 PM. Each game will be set to close automatically after two weeks +3 days from its posting.

Voting will then begin on Thursday, May 5th at the latest. Voting may be held earlier depending on when final entries are received.

Rules:

1. Follow BZPower Rules and Guidelines.
2. Follow the G&T Rules.
3. One entry/game per member.

4. Games must follow the theme and be LEGO-related! That does not mean that all posts in the game have to be LEGO-related, however.

5. Respect the game host - and play fair, please.
6. Please feel free to ask questions and to discuss in this thread. My PM box is always open, too.

7. Please no editing major game rules unless I ask you to.

Prizes:

First place: 71311 Unity set (Kopaka and Melum).
Second place: Selection of one of the smaller 2016 Toa sets (Lewa, Gali, Pohatu).
Random voter participation raffle: One 2016 creature set, to be determined.

Side Activity:

Luroka and Lucina are hosting a side activity for your diversion, to be found here!

Support the Contest!:

Feel free to use either of the following banners in your signatures:
sunlolirain_zpsfrxqrbjy.jpg
gt_contest_2.jpg

(Thanks Eyru and Lucina, respectively!)

FAQ:

What qualifies as non-violent? - Basically, acts of harm perpetrated against another player/being are forbidden. Somewhat violent scenarios could be imagined, as long as the gameplay isn't.

LEGO-related??? - Just link it to a LEGO theme in some way. LEGO Dimensions packs count.

--

Sound wonderful? Good.

Sincerely,
-Windrider- and Sumiki

Edited by -Windrider-
  • Upvote 10

Mallet?  What mallet?  Oh, THIS mallet?  I was just... uh... using it to play, um... croquet, yeah, that's it!  What else would you use a mallet for, CERTAINLY not something as silly as conking certain individuals on the head...  eheheheheheh.  Where'd you get all those ridiculous ideas?

*backs slowly out of the room*

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Seeing that you used the landscape in Pyroland and the Lolichop from TF2, I'm actually more worried about what this could imply. Are we all secretly a bunch mask-wearing, schizophrenic goofball obsessed with a natural energy? Uh, I mean Huddah Hudda Huh, Hudda Huudddaa.

On a more serious note, this actually looks really cool and I hope this works out and isn't an April Fools joke.

• Upvote 2

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

What qualifies it as a non-violence game? A set standard, or baseless host opinion?

Nonviolence is the standard - so no killing, no corporeal harm, nothing like that. Everyone's welcome to check with me or Sumiki before entering if they have questions about their games' qualification.

Seeing that you used the landscape in Pyroland and the Lolichop from TF2, I'm actually more worried about what this could imply. Are we all secretly a bunch mask-wearing, schizophrenic goofball obsessed with a natural energy? Uh, I mean Huddah Hudda Huh, Hudda Huudddaa.

On a more serious note, this actually looks really cool and I hope this works out and isn't an April Fools joke.

You don't say...

So in the game topic is where put the game correct.

Also if we did win could we exchange the Bionicle set prize for a custom title?

Create a new topic here in the Games & Trivia forum to post your game. Then, link to that topic while posting in here using the entry form in the first post:

"Member name:

Game title:

Game topic:"

Link to it in the "Game topic" section.

Oh, yeah, feel free to combine "Game title" and "Game topic" into one link, lol.

--

For your second question, that's interesting...we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I suppose. I'd have to check with my boss.

Edited by -Windrider-

..So could someone in our game idea die of over-kindess? Like he/she suffered from too much Uni-kitty power and keeled over, but died happy from happiness?

I mean, I'm not planning on using that in anyway you know. Just confirming an interest.

Edited by Rider/Phillips

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

Instead of forcing someone who isn't even playing the game to make the PMs, would it not be simpler to ask a player to do it? All you'd have to do is make sure there ends up being at least one Premier Member in each group, PM one of them the names of everyone you want added, and they can turn that conversation into a group PM. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Instead of forcing someone who isn't even playing the game to make the PMs, would it not be simpler to ask a player to do it? All you'd have to do is make sure there ends up being at least one Premier Member in each group, PM one of them the names of everyone you want added, and they can turn that conversation into a group PM. 

It would be more efficient to have all the PMs created at the same time, but I see your point.

..So could someone in our game idea die of over-kindess? Like he/she suffered from too much Uni-kitty power and keeled over, but died happy from happiness?

I uh, I guess? I think it's the act of killing that's more banned in this nonviolent scheme of things, but death itself, well, who knows.

I uh, I guess? I think it's the act of killing that's more banned in this nonviolent scheme of things, but death itself, well, who knows.

Well, death in every case is inevitable (ooh, that sounded dark) so it isn't violent. PLUS in a case like this, it's quite a good way to go compared to...well almost anything.

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

Well, death in every case is inevitable (ooh, that sounded dark) so it isn't violent. PLUS in a case like this, it's quite a good way to go compared to...well almost anything.

What the heck is it? "Undertaking W/Flowers"?

What exactly does this have to do with Bionicle or even LEGO for that matter?  This game seems very out of place here.  If it were a mafia game related to Bionicle I might be interested but this is just too strange to hold my interest as a LEGO fan.

...this is a contest topic

where people post links to games

the contest topic itself is not really meant to hold your interest so much as it is meant to incentivize you to come up with a game adhering to a particular theme

What exactly does this have to do with Bionicle or even LEGO for that matter?  This game seems very out of place here.  If it were a mafia game related to Bionicle I might be interested but this is just too strange to hold my interest as a LEGO fan.

the contest topic itself is not really meant to hold your interest so much as it is meant to incentivize you to come up with a game adhering to a particular theme

Sorry I thought this was a topic related to the "mafia game".  I would have posted it there but I didn't know how they would feel about me interrupting their "game" and as I thought this was a relating topic I posted my thoughts here.

The whole idea of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows is just so weird and actually kind of scares me.

Edited by Rakrondewl

Sorry I thought this was a topic related to the "mafia game".  I would have posted it there but I didn't know how they would feel about me interrupting their "game" and as I thought this was a relating topic I posted my thoughts here.

The whole idea of sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows is just so weird and actually kind of scares me.

As one of the hosts, I can tell you that posting there would have made far more sense; posting here just derails the conversation.

I'm also not sure why the idea of this contest scares you, but you do you.

Speaking from experience, there are some people who are simply unable or unwilling to let themselves be happy. 

To them, I imagine, the notion of just being handed happiness must be truly terrifying. :P

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I would post an entry but I'm already helping to co-host the side activity, and have found myself more easily susceptible to host burnout in recent months than before, so I dare not risk it - especially with a rather large (and very likely time intensive) game on its way for when the contest is over.

Fair point - would people want me to extend the entry period by one more weekend (until the 18th), though?

How does a peaceful day on Mata Nui sound?

As a starting point for a game? I'd say go for it.

Edited by -Windrider-

As one of the hosts, I can tell you that posting there would have made far more sense; posting here just derails the conversation.

I'm also not sure why the idea of this contest scares you, but you do you.

Okay I moved my comment, sorry about that.

It isn't the contest that scares me, its the title and banners.  The way this is presented reminds me of Cloud Cuckoo Land or Candy Land, neither of which are places of sanity.  So the name and banners are just a turn offs for me I guess.

I looked at the "mafia game" again to see an example and found violence.  They elect someone to be consumed by "sunshine".  It just seems like it was "censoring" violence rather than eliminating it.  I guess I don't understand what you guys mean by no violence.

I am not trying to offend anyone I am just trying to understand and be able to except this.

I looked at the "mafia game" again to see an example and found violence.  They elect someone to be consumed by "sunshine".  It just seems like it was "censoring" violence rather than eliminating it.  I guess I don't understand what you guys mean by no violence.

I am not trying to offend anyone I am just trying to understand and be able to except this.

Note that that game is not an entrant in the contest, rather some sort of "side activity", so it doesn't exactly have to adhere to the No Violence rule.

Also note that the title and banners are just one example. One that none of the current entrants fit for that matter. I would take a look at those.

Fair point - would people want me to extend the entry period by one more weekend (until the 18th), though?

I think if additional time is to be awarded, it would better go to making sure all games actually get 20 days to run. So far, it seems the games are eating up most of their time just trying to get players.

Edited by JIF Shadow Creamy

Note that that game is not an entrant in the contest, rather some sort of "side activity", so it doesn't exactly have to adhere to the No Violence rule.

Also note that the title and banners are just one example. One that none of the current entrants fit for that matter. I would take a look at those.

I think if additional time is to be awarded, it would better go to making sure all games actually get 20 days to run. So far, it seems the games are eating up most of their time just trying to get players.

That makes much more sense, thanks.

The entrant 2nd kind of does include the elements of the banner.

A new challenger approaches!

Member Name: Hordaki

Game title: Everything is Awesome - The Game!

Game topic: Here

(I'm switching my display name to Hordaki next week before the deadline, so if you could put me down as that, that would be great)