The Great Career Fair

Pahrak Model ZX

From the desk of Turaga Dume:

This notice goes out to all guild leaders in the city of Metru-Nui.  You may be aware of the transport that is scheduled to arrive next week, carrying a large number of Matoran hoping to find work and residence on our wonderful island.  Assigning jobs to so many Matoran who are unfamiliar with the structure of our city would be a long and difficult process, but an alternative proposal has been made, and after much consideration I have ultimately approved it.  For several days following the ship’s docking, an event will be held at the Coliseum in which you, the representatives of the professions available in our fine city, shall host a series of presentations designed to give the newcomers all the information they need to decide on a career.  A set of venues will be provided, as will materials necessary for signage and whatever else you may require.  Please direct all further inquiries to the attached address, and make sure to be prepared before the event commences.

It’s time to host The Great Career Fair!  Once all twelve professions have been filled, we’ll start running daily events for you to recruit Matoran into your line of work.  Whoever recruits the most Matoran at the end of the game is the winner!

To sign up, all you need to do is pick from the available professions on the list below.  There are two for each Metru, and which Metru you come from determines your innate ability.

-Ta: Can offer gifts every round, which have a chance to either increase or decrease your success

-Po: More success in Competition events

-Onu: More success in Demonstration events

-Ko: Can pre-book a venue for the next round every other round

-Le: Can pull a prank on one player every other round, preventing them from taking an action that round

-Ga: More success in Forum events

Each round will last roughly 24 hours.  At the start, I will randomly determine which type of event will be held: Competition, Forum, or Demonstration.  You will then need to book a venue using the funds you have been provided with: 2000 protodermis coins for the entire game.  Available venues are:

-Classroom x8: Brings in 15 Matoran, and you are always guaranteed to recruit at least 10; book for 100 coins

-Storehouse x8: Brings in 30 Matoran, works very well for Demonstration events; book for 100 coins

-Conference Hall x5: Brings in 50 Matoran, works very well for Forum events; book for 150 coins

-Stadium x3: Brings in 100 Matoran, works very well for Competition events; book for 250 coins

-Turaga’s Chambers x1: Brings in 100 Matoran, and you are always guaranteed to recruit at least 50; book for 500 coins

Players will post each round stating which venue they want to book.  They also have the option each round to spend an extra 50 coins to print flyers, boosting their success for that round by a random amount, and players with active abilities may use them at this time.  When all players have responded or time for the round has elapsed, a random number of Matoran will be recruited by each event, and we will move on to the next round.

Venues still available this round: Classroom x8, Storehouse x8, Conference Hall x4, Stadium x3, Turaga's Chambers x1

Players:

1. ToaTimeLord, Mask Maker (Ta), 300 coins, 261 Matoran

2. Toa Smoke Monster, Disk Maker (Ta), 400 coins, 334 Matoran

3. jed1ndy, Carver (Po), 2000 coins

4. Kanohi Ko-llector, Akilini Player (Po), 1000 coins, 234 Matoran

5. JIF, Archivist (Onu), 550 coins, 342 Matoran

6. Ghidora, Vahki Engineer (Onu), 2000 coins

7. fishers, Scholar (Ko), 1600 coins, 18 Matoran

8. Pulse, Messenger (Ko), 750 coins, 267 Matoran

9. Lucina, Test Driver (Le), 1300 coins, 80 Matoran

10. Shadow FF, Airship Pilot (Le), 900 coins, 231 Matoran

11. TwilightVezon, Teacher (Ga), 450 coins, 321 Matoran

12. Tekulo, Lab Worker (Ga), 800 coins, 251 Matoran

Edited by -Windrider-

Both Akilini Player and Disk Maker are still available, actually!  Do you still want Akilini Player?

I must have skipped over the Disk Maker in the italicized options. :P

Since I do have the choice, I think I will change my occupation to Disk Maker if that's okay.

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Both Akilini Player and Disk Maker are still available, actually!  Do you still want Akilini Player?

I must have skipped over the Disk Maker in the italicized options. :P

Since I do have the choice, I think I will change my occupation to Disk Maker if that's okay.

I'll take the last spot then. But don't expect me to be any good. :P

Both added, all slots filled!  Round 1 begins!

The event for this round is Competition.  Book your venue before Sunday, 12 PM EST!

All venues booked, updating first post right away!

Am I allowed to book next round or will that be only during even rounds? (it does every other round, so I'm assuming I can't do that right now)

You can book for the next round now if you'd like.  The every other round abilities start out available, and then go on recharge once used.

Round 1 over!  The results of the Competition events are…

Kanohi Ko-llector’s Stadium event brought in 91 Matoran!

Pulse’s Stadium event brought in 88 Matoran!

JIF’s Stadium event brought in 91 Matoran!

Lucina’s Classroom event brought in 13 Matoran!

FF’s Conference Hall event brought in 41 Matoran!

Toa Smoke Monster’s Turaga’s Chambers event brought in 63 Matoran!

TwilightVezon’s Conference Hall event brought in 37 Matoran!

Tekulo’s Conference Hall event brought in 44 Matoran!

ToaTimeLord’s Conference Hall event brought in 38 Matoran!

The event for round 2 is Forum!  Book your venue before Monday, 12 PM EST!