Name the Food & Beverage Areas in the LEGO House

Black Six

Jan Beyer from the LEGO AFOL Relations Team recently shared the below with LEGO Ambassadors. If you have any thoughts or ideas, please share them here. I will collect them and send them to Jan by the deadline.

Hi all, I work with the LEGO House around this topic - it is ok to share the description with your members if needed - consolidated feedback is to be delivered by the RLUG Ambassador only.

LEGO House - Home of the Brick

A new and never seen before world-class LEGO experience to open in second half in 2017

LEGO House is a hands-on minds-on experience center where LEGO fans of all ages are invited to discover the magic behind the LEGO brand, experience the LEGO story and be inspired by the endless play and learning possibilities of the LEGO brick. Six different experience zones, three restaurants and a state of the art brand store invite guests from all over the world to interact, build and play in a breathtaking setting.

The building is designed by BIG architect Bjarke Ingels, will be 23 m tall and include 12,000 m² full of LEGO experiences.

Brief for Input Session:

The Food & Beverage areas in the LEGO House

LEGO House will have three areas for Food & Beverages. The working title for the three areas are Café, Family restaurant and The Mezzanine. Each area has an own concept.

The Café

The Café is a trendy food & beverage area providing easy to pick refreshments to the LEGO House guests. You will spend approx. 15 min in the Café to enjoy a good coffee, lemonade or a glass of beer or wine while you are having a snack, sandwich or a piece of cake. You can order from a display of prepared food.

The Family restaurant

The Family restaurant is the place to eat lunch or dinner for families visiting the LEGO House. You order your meal by building it in a LEGO way with a fun, interactive and playful family experience and can enjoy high quality food. There will be a menu card. You will spend approx. 45-60 min in the Family restaurant.

The Mezzanine

The Mezzanine is the place to go for an evening out with business partners or friends. It provides fine dining with a fun and subtle LEGO twist. You spend +90 min in this culinary gastronomy to enjoy high-level food and spend quality time with your network.

We invite the fan community to come up with suggestions for names of the three Food & Beverage areas in LEGO House.

Please discuss with your fellow RLUG members if you like and hand in up to three names per area e.g.:

The Café: City Café, Café Corner, Brick Town Talk

The Family restaurant: Parisian restaurant, Brick restaurant, Creator restaurant

The Mezzanine: Creator Expert, Chief´s Throne, Brick bank

(The names mentioned above are just to illustrate the set-up.)

Deadline for sending your input is Friday May 6, 2016

Thanks for your participation and I am looking forward to see your creative ideas!

• Upvote 1

One of the key areas in LEGO Island, LEGO's first video game, was Brickolini's Pizzeria. None of these locations are pizzerias, but it would be awesome to see the family one named something like Brickolini's Restaurant.

• Upvote 3

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Hm... I wonder whether they'd be more interested in original names, or names sourced from Lego's history?

An issue with picking names sourced directly from Lego sets and media is that many of those are too descriptive to describe a restaurant like these. "Breezeway Café" and "Café Corner" describe architectural features or locations that may not be present for these restaurants. Things like "The Coffee Chain" or "Pizza to Go" describe both a specific type of food and a non-indicative business/service structure. And besides, I'll bet everyone will be trying to suggest those sorts of names. So instead, I think I'll try to pick original names based on Lego terminology.

It's hard to come up with names for the Café. Maybe something like "The Clip & Bar"? It's a common connection type used in Lego (heck, it's how all minifigures hold things) and has a casual, beverage-focused connotation. It's not perfect, but it's the best I can come up with right now.

In terms of terminology-based names for the Family Restaurant, how about "The Stacked Plate"? I think that makes for a decent name, because stacking of plates is a key part of Lego building and because the plates served at the restaurant will presumably be "stacked" with food. The name is also really conducive to an iconic logo—maybe something like three stacked 2x2 plates (maybe colored to resemble a sandwich of sorts), or a Lego plate with piled with real or Lego food items.

I'm having trouble coming up with anything good for the Mezzanine. Best I can come up with is... "The Universal Joint"? And even that leaves a lot to be desired. "Universal" sounds good because of the potential for networking, and "Joint" does suggest some level of swankiness, but altogether it might sound a little too casual. Also, universal joints are really mostly used in Technic builds—hardly relevant to the vast majority of Lego fans. I'd love to come up with something that has more to do with a more common advanced building technique... but I doubt they're looking for anything with "SNOT" in the name. :P

If I come up with any other ideas before the deadline I might share them here, but for now, this is the best I could do after spending about an hour trying to think of names.

• Upvote 6

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Can we have something BIONICLE related in this house of sorts? Bula-Berry Pancakes? Protodermis Smoothes? Oh, I know! The Codrex Breakfast and Brunch! Is that a new good name for an Area?

What about an Arcade area? Virtual Reality LEGO Chivalry anyone?

Edited by Toa Imrukii

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Going to need to save up to get out to Denmark next year.

As for the names, I feel that they really should be based more on the LEGO brand and its creations instead of seemingly random call-backs to various themes.

For example, I think "Stud-and-Tube Cafe" would be a good idea for the cafe.

For the restaurant, something akin to "Ole Kirk's Corner" would fit for me.  Play homage to the founder while not being completely formal.

"Minifig Lounge" would probably suit the Mezzanine best, being a gathering place for citizens of a LEGO house.

This sounds fun.

• Upvote 1