Protectors of Creation and Control

Qsc2sF7.jpg

So In an earlier topic of mine I had made a model similar to Makutas mask maker form, and with a new year of Bionicle I decided to not only upgrade him but also build a counterpart to him resembling Ekimu. I also built a bigger version of my protector of control while looking at Umarak the destroyers build.

Protector of Creation: Gallery Link

I was on the fence about posting this one, his build is very similar to the protector of earths. However his colour scheme looks incredible under the sun. I wish smaller gold feet were available but I was not going to settle  for silver ones. I do like the multitude of weapons I gave him.

Protector of Control: Gallery Link

An upgrade of my earlier Protector of Skull Spiders build, pretty much the same but I've changed the torso and legs. His neck and back arms now have more articulation and I've added spikes to his legs and torso to resemble a mouth. It's harder to hide his back arms and skull spider though.

Demon of Control: Gallery Link

He's meant to look like an enlarged version of my protector of control, he might still need some work though. Was fun taking a look at building Umarak the Destroyers legs though.

Edited by The Invisible Noob
  • Upvote 6

Do I sense some hindu mythology influence? The insistence of four arms, each of them with its own weapon, reminds me a lot of those indian gods, maybe that's just me...but I like that.

The protector of creation looks overfilled with power that just screams to be unleashed and man, ain't that a nice thing?

The protector of control...he is less original than his counterpart, looking like a twisted version of the canonical Gen2 Makuta. Of what he is supposed to look like, at least. He ain't bad though.

I guess that if Makuta were to be taken over, for real, by the MoUP, he would certainly look like the Demon of control.

All in all, outstanding work!

Do I sense some hindu mythology influence? The insistence of four arms, each of them with its own weapon, reminds me a lot of those indian gods, maybe that's just me...but I like that.

The protector of creation looks overfilled with power that just screams to be unleashed and man, ain't that a nice thing?

The protector of control...he is less original than his counterpart, looking like a twisted version of the canonical Gen2 Makuta. Of what he is supposed to look like, at least. He ain't bad though.

I guess that if Makuta were to be taken over, for real, by the MoUP, he would certainly look like the Demon of control.

All in all, outstanding work!

Yeah I did have hindu mythology in the back of my mind while doing the protector of creation, the protector of control however has four arms so he resembles a skull spider.

I like that you find the Protector of creation to be the more original one, the addition of orange and more weaponry gives him a more energetic feel than ekimu, but the trans blues make him more mystical than Uniter Tahu's colour scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

The picture quality needs some work, but it's still plainly evident to me that these are really well made!  I love the Protector of Control's legs- double-jointed legs are something that I'd been toying with for an MoC or two of mine for a while, and your design is really inventive.  I've half a mind to steal it for a smaller version I'm making (the full-size one I'm planning is supposed to end up as tall as the new General Grievous set).  :P

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

• 4 weeks later...

The picture quality needs some work, but it's still plainly evident to me that these are really well made!  I love the Protector of Control's legs- double-jointed legs are something that I'd been toying with for an MoC or two of mine for a while, and your design is really inventive.  I've half a mind to steal it for a smaller version I'm making (the full-size one I'm planning is supposed to end up as tall as the new General Grievous set).   :P

Feel free to steal, do note the spikes on the back of the leg's. They're meant to emulate the back toe of a Digitigrade leg, but more emphasized to make things a bit more fearsome.