Trans-PURPLE Kaukau´s for sale

4kocour4

Hi.

So, I want to ask.

Let´s say, I would be able to make Trans-Purple Kaukau. I bassicaly have all what I need, now just waiting for Dye to arrive.

Do you think, that making an auction, for let´s say, 4 of them, for 30$ per one, is fair? Cause, you know, there haven´t been salo of one for quiet looong time.  Is there anyone who would want one? Is there so many peoples that want them, so 4 wouldn´t be enough?

Let´s just say, I would managed to make them, and sell them, for atleast 30$ per piece. Then what? I would try to replicate Transgrenie (Or how it was called) Miru and Metallic Purple Akaku... Would you be interested in them too?

would 15 bucks be viable? or no. Because thats my personal mack, though my father did spend 101 bucks on the transparent Mask of Fire for me so.... I still would feel bad having my parent pay for it and not me.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The trans-clear Kaukau's go for around $15+ on bricklink, so I would think $20-ish would be reasonable for a dyed one. All of Flintsmith's masks are really spectacular, especially the trans-purple Kaukau, so I have no doubt you could sell 4 quickly for a decent amount of money. A trans-purple Miru would look really cool too! 

When you dye the masks, could you post a topic that covers the dying process? It would be interesting to see the whole process, as well as serve as a reference if others want to try dying their own masks.

$20-$25 is the cutoff for me about most masks. Its true I havent seen a purple kaukau in a while either

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

would 15 bucks be viable? or no. Because thats my personal mack, though my father did spend 101 bucks on the transparent Mask of Fire for me so.... I still would feel bad having my parent pay for it and not me.

Unfortunately, not. BTW. which mask of fire? You mean that clear one from NYCC? You could get this one  for 40-50$ xD 101$ is really overpriced xD I was thinking about dyeing this one on purple... That would be cool :D

The trans-clear Kaukau's go for around $15+ on bricklink, so I would think $20-ish would be reasonable for a dyed one. All of Flintsmith's masks are really spectacular, especially the trans-purple Kaukau, so I have no doubt you could sell 4 quickly for a decent amount of money. A trans-purple Miru would look really cool too! 

When you dye the masks, could you post a topic that covers the dying process? It would be interesting to see the whole process, as well as serve as a reference if others want to try dying their own masks.

Well, cheapest is now for 16$,+ postage and price for the dye, so I would actually lose money on those. On OfficialRare and Promotional it´s listed for 25$, and because noone have sell one for a very long time and well, not many people know how to dye masks, I think that 30$ is maybe even too low xD Hmmm... I don´t know if that would be possible, but hey, I may try it sometimes ;)

Hmmm, I was thinking about it, but if I would, I would post it on my blog.

Unfortunately, not. BTW. which mask of fire? You mean that clear one from NYCC? You could get this one  for 40-50$ xD 101$ is really overpriced xD I was thinking about dyeing this one on purple... That would be cool :D

Well, cheapest is now for 16$,+ postage and price for the dye, so I would actually lose money on those. On OfficialRare and Promotional it´s listed for 25$, and because noone have sell one for a very long time and well, not many people know how to dye masks, I think that 30$ is maybe even too low xD Hmmm... I don´t know if that would be possible, but hey, I may try it sometimes ;)

Hmmm, I was thinking about it, but if I would, I would post it on my blog.

I'm not interested, but try starting an auction when you make them, starting at $20-25.

This forum is for discussion of value, too; we used to have a Marketplace Banter forum that got merged into this one, so B/S/T serves both purposes now.

Oh, ok, I didn´t know that, sorry.

I would be willing to pay $30 USD, but not much more than that!

Ok. Just be prepared, I think that on Sunday they will be ready? (With my speed of work it will be in about... 4 weeks? xD) 

Ok. Just be prepared, I think that on Sunday they will be ready? (With my speed of work it will be in about... 4 weeks? xD) 

Alright, looking forward to Sunday! Will your auction be on BZPower or Ebay?

Edited by InkAlchemist1994
gallery_114868_370_4342.png

Alright, looking forward to Sunday! Will your auction be on BZPower or Ebay?

On BZP.

I like it more over there, and people there appreciate rare piece if they see them, I don´t want some little kid who screams on mom: Mummy, buy me this cool mask! to get one, just so he could lose it week or two after. I want to see them in hands of colector´s and cool MOCers :) And, people over there are more tolerant to my lazynes/unability to get to the post xD

EDIT :

I just recieved the Dye and tommorow should be sunny. I take free-day from school and start working. If everything is gonna be ok, expect photos on Friday evening/night. Also, details:

I will be selling 3 (Out of 8) immediately, for 30$ starting price. I am oppened for offers and money+trade. Then, there are gonna be 2 I will use for trade-only. I have another one for my friend and another 2 for myself. ("MOC" and just in case)

If all 3 will sell for atleast 30$ per piece, I´ll be making Transgenie Miru, metallic purple Akaku and possible trans-purple Hau 2015. But only if Kaukaus gonna sell!

Please, don´t close this tread, I will use it to tell you how are things looking and I will sell them in this topic to, if they are gonna be usable. Thanks.

Edited by 4kocour4

• 2 weeks later...

Well, unfortunately, this one didn´t work out. But don´t worry, I will keep trying. Next try with different Dye is gonna be in about 2 weeks.

Hope it goes better for you than it went for me. I couldn't find anyone interested at the $30 price range. The only one I ended up selling was for about $15

Well, you are a lucky that you could make one xD

Can I reserve one for $30?

Yes ;)

I might be interested in grabbing one of those Kaukaus, but $30 does seem a bit steep. Any chance another arrangement could be made?

I am interested in trades. I look mainly for 2001 Kanohi masks, but tell me what you got. Unfortunately, I didn´t manage to make them purple, YET! I will keep trying... Even te Rome wasn´t built in day, was it? :D xD

• 1 month later...