Well gee, I'm kinda new here so I'm not too keen on the necro-post thing, but I couldn't find a very recent Ace Attorney topic, so I decided to make a new one. (Hopefully this is OK).

Get your objections ready! It's Ace Attorney!

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Personally this is one of my favorite game series ever since I first heard about it from Kahi on the TTV Podcast. I'm too poor to buy a DS or 3DS, or buy any games in general, so I looked up videos and stuff and I instantly fell in love with this series!

I think my favorite two games in the series are Dual Destinies and Trials and Tribulations. With the upcoming Ace Attorney 6 making it's way out into Japan and eventually into America, I want to know what you guys think of the series! Also, what do you think of the anime so far?

Hey, I'm Fatorak. I made this account back in November for the Golden Mask contest, but I decided I might as well use it for something more useful. So yeah, I'm gonna be more active on here, or at least TRY to be!

Wait a minute, there's an anime? Is it going to advertise a new game? Oh goody, let's take a look! *finds some episodes* oh. It's just based on the original games. 

Anyway, I had fun playing the Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban games. They were comical & over the top during the game & cutscenes, but the character backstories are my favorite part of the games. My favorite game was the rerelease of the first Ace Attorney game on the Nintendo DS because of the Rise of the Ashes case. Also, click here for my favorite parody of the Ace Attorney series & click here to play some fan made cases. Obviously, the quality of the content is going to range from being captivating & inventive (There's one fan made case that revolves around virtual reality & features custom sprites) to pretty silly & ludicrous (I saw a case where Klavier Gavin was renamed Dr. Schelenborf.) 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Wait a minute, there's an anime? Is it going to advertise a new game? Oh goody, let's take a look! *finds some episodes* oh. It's just based on the original games. 

Anyway, I had fun playing the Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban games. They were comical & over the top during the game & cutscenes, but the character backstories are my favorite part of the games. My favorite game was the rerelease of the first Ace Attorney game on the Nintendo DS because of the Rise of the Ashes case. Also, click here for my favorite parody of the Ace Attorney series & click here to play some fan made cases. Obviously, the quality of the content is going to range from being captivating & inventive (There's one fan made case that revolves around virtual reality & features custom sprites) to pretty silly & ludicrous (I saw a case where Klavier Gavin was renamed Dr. Schelenborf.) 

The anime may not be based on an upcoming game but there IS a new game on its way. Ace Attorney 6 will apparently include the return of Maya Fey and Ema Skye, among others (while also including characters from recent games like Apollo and Athena as well).

I'm excited for it. Even the worst Ace Attorney games have still been pretty good, and I absolutely love the series and characters. As for the anime, I haven't been following it, but I do hope it gets an English dub eventually (and maybe another pass through the art department before the DVD release).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Ace Attorney 6 will apparently include the return of Maya Fey and Ema Skye, among others

I seriously hope that is true, I was a little ticked off at Dual Destinies for not including the return of Maya. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I was fine with Dual Destinies not having Maya. It was good to wait for her return, I think. Plus it was good to build up Athena's story and focus on Apollo's conflicted feelings about the moon case. Also, I heavily enjoyed seeing Phoenix come back as a lawyer, even though I did enjoy how he built up as a character in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney when he was disbarred.

As for the anime, it's OK so far. Not the best. I wish it was more better animated and didn't have ANY CGI whatsoever. Also I'm not used to watching too much anime so the opening title seemed off to me.

Hey, I'm Fatorak. I made this account back in November for the Golden Mask contest, but I decided I might as well use it for something more useful. So yeah, I'm gonna be more active on here, or at least TRY to be!

you sit down to play ace attorney: dual destinies with me. i point out that shu takumi had no actual involvement in the game within the first five minutes. you begin to realize that you have made a horrible mistake. i continue to point out every example of character exaggeration and hand-holding. you are at the door, but it is locked.

Okay but seriously I love Ace Attorney even if I have my gripes with certain entries.  It's a shame they aren't translating Dai Gyakuten Saiban, because I thought that was a really fresh take on the series and I wish more people got to try it.

PS:

The anime may not be based on an upcoming game but there IS a new game on its way. Ace Attorney 6 will apparently include the return of Maya Fey and Ema Skye, among others (while also including characters from recent games like Apollo and Athena as well).

No "apparently" about it!

026gGhY.jpgHVknXP4.jpg

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42