LEGO Reveals 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

42056_Porsche_911_GT3_RS_teaser.jpg

Yesterday LEGO announced an awesome new Technic set, 42056 Porsche 911 GT3 RS. I was busy traveling home from BrickCan, but now that we're back we can share all the information with you! We have the designer video, hi-resolution images, and the full press release of this giant and detailed model. If you're into Technic or supercars, this is definitely worth checking out, so read on to see what makes up this impressive model.

View the full article

i'm bad at spatial proportions, could you fit a small bionicle in there, like protector of jungle?

The seats are pretty large (around seven modules wide, from the looks of it), so I reckon you just might be able to fit one.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

i'm bad at spatial proportions, could you fit a small bionicle in there, like protector of jungle?

The seats are pretty large (around seven modules wide, from the looks of it), so I reckon you just might be able to fit one.

What about a technic figure?

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

I'm kinda interested in this. I might pick it up and start a technic vehicle collection. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

What about a technic figure?

Again judging solely by the size of the seats, a technic figure would definitely fit—but they'd probably be unrealistically SMALL, if anything.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm definitely going to try to buy this. It's great to see an authentic model-based set that comes with a good box, giant book, exclusive wheel molds and an exclusive printed number plate (which differs from set-to-set). The price isn't as shabby as what people make it sound like, especially when you consider that it comes with all those extras along with the pieces for the model itself. 

I feel it's also worth mentioning that this can be considered a Technic-cousin to last year's Speed Champion car which is also based on a Porsche, the Porsche 911 GT3 RSR to be exact. The same can also be said for the Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid, which is actually bundled with the GT3 RSR in the set "Porsche 911 GT Finish Line."

HgwYjI2.jpg

but in all seriousness, I made it better: http://imgur.com/a/kFpUX

Would be super cool if the set could be custom ordered in other colors even though I realize that's impractical for LEGO to do. But I know a lot of owners who would love the LEGO set to match their car.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.