Ancient Protector Names?

So quick question for those of you who have read Battle of the Mask Makers.

On page 2, we see some statues of the Ancient Protectors along with the following caption:

Protector of Jungle: Jaigiri = Agarak

Protector of Ice: Buzkayo = Uganu

Protector of Water: Bumonda = Okawi

Protector of Earth: Droton = Etoku

Protector of Stone: Rokreng = Kerato

Protector of Fire: Flammik = Mamuk

The second name after the equals sign is the name of the Ancient Protector, but what's the first name?  Their villages?  Their surnames?  Their spouses?

Am I missing something here or do we legitimately not know?

And another thing, did Epolim (Earth), Owa (Water), and Udapo (Ice) get name changes?

Edited by SPIRIT

My first thought was that the names that came before are the ancient Protector's ancestors, since we know the name has been passed down for generations before. However, the symbol -> would make more sense in that case to indicate the tradition of passing on the role. Because of that, I think they are supposed to indicate each regions name. Which is also confusing because didn't Ekimu say the six regions were named after the elemental creatures?

And yeah, I think they got a name change. The names are very similar. Not like it hasn't happened before - the Rahaga went through a pretty massive name revision too, granted the materials that had the previous names were not in story material.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I was wondering about the same things. I half wonder if the previous set of names was intended to represent the very first Protectors, with the second set of names indicating the last Protectors before the city was evacuated. As for the the names of the 1000 year ago Protectors, I figure they're either name changes or typos.

Might just want to stick "Spoiler Warning" or something like that in the title of the thread-that we we don't get just comment after comment with a spoiler thing on it.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Yea, I didn't know if it was like an honorific title, or just a list of previous Protectors, but there were only two each. I'm assuming it is some name for the role of protector itself.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I was wondering about the same things. I half wonder if the previous set of names was intended to represent the very first Protectors, with the second set of names indicating the last Protectors before the city was evacuated. 

It seemed like those statues were unveiled at a celebration of the Protectors, so maybe they're commemorative statues with the then-current and first Protectors' names like you said. 

That, or possibly title. But it seems like their title is "Protector", which would make a secondary title obsolete (and kinda confusing).

If you wait until the last minute, then it only takes one minute. 

Flickr    BZPRPG   

Bears noting that in an interview Windham said he came up with multiple sets of names for the Protectors to suggest to LEGO. So the first set got approved, he burned through a second set on the ancient Protectors, and this is probably the third set. So I'd guess it is supposed to be older Protectors or something of that sort.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It occurs to me that the changed names from those revealed in Revenge of the Skull Spiders could have belonged to Protectors of the generation prior to the last set; i.e. Owa was Owaki's predecessor and so forth, and there was probably a little bit of overlap.

Bears noting that in an interview Windham said he came up with multiple sets of names for the Protectors to suggest to LEGO. So the first set got approved, he burned through a second set on the ancient Protectors, and this is probably the third set. So I'd guess it is supposed to be older Protectors or something of that sort.

I discovered that as well and I'm wondering if that is the case-might be something to submit to one of the Bionicle podcasts that interviews people to see what they can find out. It would also be nice to know what genders the previous Protectors were-the only one that's been identified is Agarak, who's a guy.

Edit: Double post merged.

-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge