Could Bionicle Ever Get a Cinematic Film?

Banana Gunz

Just a thought/wonder. I doubt Bionicle is popular enough or as successful as Ninjago for a movie, but it does have a ton of nostalgia to it, especially in the public eye and a lot of people know of it and may have good childhood memories of it, which could garner a larger audience.

I'd love to see it (though right now I have to sadly doubt it would ever happen), and I'm sure many others would, so what do you folks think the chances are of it ever happening? And what would you like to see in it? What plot or ideas would you want them to go with?

• Upvote 3

While I know a good many people who fondly remember BIONICLE from when they were younger, I don't think that would necessariy translate to a desire to see it in movie form movie.

Not that I wouldn't want a movie.  Heck, how I'd put together a BIONICLE movie is one of those things that'll assert its way into the front of my thoughts on a regular basis.  if anything, I think I'd want it to be something from 2001-2003.  I like the idea of a trilogy covering those three story years.

eeee I have so many neat scenes running through my head and I wish I could apply them somehow.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Bionicle would have to get to a higher popularity than Ninjago before it gets a movie.

But for a Lego line it gets more exposure than other series.

Examples

1.graphic novels

2.web episodes of 2015

3.Journey to One

4.TV ads

If Bionicle gets successful enough they may move there Netflix series to Cartoon Network like Nexo Knights and Ninjago.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Maybe, but certainly not any time soon.

The original Transformers toyline was released in 1984 and got its first theatrical movie in 2007, which is 23 years apart.  BIONICLE was first released in 2001.  By this timeline, a theatrical release probably won't happen until the year 2024, when millenials who grew up with BIONICLE start running the film industry.

And while I'd love to see a theatrical BIONICLE film in 8 years, I think that might be a bit optimistic.  Then again, Mars One says they're going to put a human on Mars in 2024, so who knows?

• Upvote 3

I doubt it, but hey if I ever make it I'll definitely make a short out of it

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

As of now, Bionicle's strong points are Journey to One, graphic novels, and chapter books. It's not having the same problem as it had in 2010 when it ended horrifically. I like the idea of story slowly developing characters' personality and world building. I hope Lego's budget would be good enough for Bionicle to expand, like moving JtO to Cartoon Network or Nichelodeon.

If there were a theatrical movie, I would rather go with one of the two things:

1. If it were 3D-animated, it would recycle the 2001-2003 storylines at best, or with a diferrent story.

2. If it were live-action, it would be about Toa coming to our planet to search for something to prevent evil from using it. I know this is similar to the live-action Transformers movies, the Thor movie in 2011, and and the live-action Smurf movies, but let's make different. Imagine the Toa arriving to Earth with canisters from their home Bionicle-related place(s) and secretly meeting with a few people who can trust them to keep their existence a secret from the human race?

I know we won't get a movie any time soon, but let's hope to have at least another cameo in The Lego Movie 2. Perhaps in there having Tahu to be partner for Emmet or just a random character wandering or being a Master Builder at one scene would be better.

A theatrical movie would be an awesome idea, but a TV series, like JtO, would be a better idea because of how the story goes. However, perhaps we can have two stories running at the same time, one for a TV show and one for the movie. I know it's like Transformers again, but I believe it may work successfully for the sake of Bionicle's popularity.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I think one thing that would limit the chances of a Bionicle cinematic film right now is that it'd be a lot harder to integrate into the "LEGO Movie Cinematic Universe" than themes based on minifigure characters.

It's true that not all the characters in The LEGO Movie are minifigures, but I'm thinking more about how the characters would emote in The LEGO Movie's stop-motion-esque style. With minifigures they can just animate the decorations on the minifigure face the same way they'd animate the faces of any 2D cartoon character, but with solid-molded faces and masks it'd be a lot harder without breaking the illusion of stop motion.

Additionally, Bionicle doesn't have as great a comedy element as the LEGO brands that are currently slated for cinematic movies. Comedy was one of The LEGO Movie's big selling points, so Warner Bros might consider a movie of something that's more strictly an action-adventure series a riskier proposition.

With all that said, that doesn't mean it could never happen. I mean, Transformers was nearly 25 years old by the time it got a theatrical film. But of course, it had experienced no small measure of TV success prior to that. It's tough to pin down just what circumstances would be needed for a cinematic Bionicle movie to have a shot. For the time being I don't think it's in the cards, but who knows how things might change in the future.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 3

If it were live-action, it would be about Toa coming to our planet to search for something to prevent evil from using it. I know this is similar to the live-action Transformers movies, the Thor movie in 2011, and and the live-action Smurf movies, but let's make different. Imagine the Toa arriving to Earth with canisters from their home Bionicle-related place(s) and secretly meeting with a few people who can trust them to keep their existence a secret from the human race?

ewwwwwwwwwwwww

I can't remember a source or anything, but I'm pretty sure we didn't get a Bionicle TV series or film during G1 was specifically because pretty much all of the companies that came to Lego wanting to adapt Bionicle into a TV show wanted to add human characters, and Lego turned them down because humans in Bionicle didn't mesh with their idea of the theme.

Again, I can't remember where I heard this, just generally around on the forums and YouTube. Take that as you will. :P

• Upvote 2

VBWj75sh.png

I'm not super confident about using Transformers as a measure for Bionicle's long-term film potential, either. In fact, unless I'm super mistaken, it didn't take 25 years for Transformers to hit theaters, it took only two.

Bionicle was inches away from taking 3 years, but considering that didn't happen I'm not terribly optimistic that a feature could ever happen, period - especially considering Bionicle now isn't nearly as big as it was when it failed back then.

And Transformers as a brand seems to have a lot more staying power in public consciousness than Bionicle ever did. Ask any person on the street and they'll know what a Transformer is; its a toss-up whether they recall Bionicle.

• Upvote 4

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm not super confident about using Transformers as a measure for Bionicle's long-term film potential, either. In fact, unless I'm super mistaken, it didn't take 25 years for Transformers to hit theaters, it took only two.

Bionicle was inches away from taking 3 years, but considering that didn't happen I'm not terribly optimistic that a feature could ever happen, period - especially considering Bionicle now isn't nearly as big as it was when it failed back then.

And Transformers as a brand seems to have a lot more staying power in public consciousness than Bionicle ever did. Ask any person on the street and they'll know what a Transformer is; its a toss-up whether they recall Bionicle.

Oh, really? I wasn't around for "Transformers: The Movie" so didn't realize it had been in theaters. I probably should've thought enough to look into that. But I guess I learned something today. Of course, say what you will about the quality of the more recent Transformers movies, but they were much more successful in the box office than the original animated movie was. So yeah, I think studios wanting to make a toy-based movie might hope for something with a little more pop culture notoriety and brand power than what Bionicle presently has to offer.

Edited by Aanchir

Bionicle G2 definitely does not deserve a movie

I could say the same thing about Bionicle G1, but that doesn't necessarily make either statement true.

Since when is a movie something that has to be "deserved", anyway? There have been plenty of bad movies. There have also been plenty of good movies, including ones that adapted less impressive subject matter. Even if you dislike G2 (and believe me, your condescension couldn't be more obvious), have you ever stopped to think that its perceived shortcomings would constitute something that other media, like, say, a movie, could improve upon?

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

How close was Mask of Light from coming to theaters? I wonder how much more popular the brand would be today if that had happened...

Legends of Metru Nui, actually. The theatrical release was postponed and the story was adapted to be the DTV Bionicle 2, while Web of Shadows was written as the replacement before it too was silently demoted to DTV at some indeterminate point. No reasons given, but I'd guess it was because Bionicle was slumping noticeably at that point.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

How close was Mask of Light from coming to theaters? I wonder how much more popular the brand would be today if that had happened...

Legends of Metru Nui, actually. The theatrical release was postponed and the story was adapted to be the DTV Bionicle 2, while Web of Shadows was written as the replacement before it too was silently demoted to DTV at some indeterminate point. No reasons given, but I'd guess it was because Bionicle was slumping noticeably at that point.

Oh yeah, now I remember. Wasn't there a theatrical poster for Legends of Metru Nui in one of the behind the scenes videos on the Mask of Light disc as well?

Edited by Shadow Destroyer

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

Oh yeah, now I remember. Wasn't there a theatrical poster for Legends of Metru Nui in one of the behind the scenes videos on the Mask of Light disc as well?

Nah, but Faber posted a concept drawing he did for what a poster might've looked like.

Edited by Pereki

I actually watched The Mask of Light in a theater. It was a single day event though. They were also promoting the video game for the movie and had a demo of the Kopaka snowboard level. Depending on whether you managed to beat it or not they gave you either a Kohlii player or a Rahkshi set. 

• Upvote 3

Hail Denmark

Bionicle at its peak was easily on par with Ninjago back in the day, but Lego was less inclined to take huge financial risks back then, and toy movies weren't the done thing.

Many toy-based movies are marketed at least partly-if not primarily- to adults, and rely on brand recognition and nostalgia value to draw that audience in. Kids will want to see it just because it looks cool- having a familiar favourite character in there is a plus, but not a necessity. Bionicle's been around for fifteen years now, and has a large base of adult former-fans who could potentially be drawn back by the nostalgia. We're in the same demographic that the Marvel movies are targeted to, and let's face it, most people our age probably saw much more of the Bionicle characters in our childhoods than we did of Ant Man or Doctor Strange- the nostalgia connection for those properties is very weak or nonexistant for many (though I suppose being part of the MCU brand strengthens them considerably).

The biggest hurdle from getting a film is the lack of humans in the story. You can cast big name actors, but their recognisable faces won't appear in the trailer or posters, and it's harder to sell an actor's presence if it's just voice or a motion-capture performance. The main character won't look like a white guy named Chris, even if he ends up being played by one. There's this perception- and I don't know how accurate this is- that adult audiences will not care about non-human characters unless said characters have human friends who care about them first. Or perhaps they think writers can't write non-human characters with enough depth and character to be able to carry a film for adults on their own. Hence the logic behind the Smurfs film, among others.

Having Bionicle characters appear in our world, I think, would be a mistake, since so much of what makes Bionicle is in the mystery of the setting. Becomes too much of a Transformers ripoff otherwise. Having a Narnia-esque "human ends up in Bionicle world" plot, I think, would also be weak storytelling. It's trying too hard to make Bionicle conform to the structure of other stories, when it needs to be its own thing. I think with advancements in digital effects, we are going to be moving away from the "must have white guy named Chris" mentality, but it's going to have to be backed up by other changes in how Hollywood thinks about their audience as well.

I think the time is very nearly right for something like this to happen, at least from an audience perspective, but it's a matter of sitting around waiting for Lego and Hollywood to realise it.

• Upvote 7

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Bionicle at its peak was easily on par with Ninjago back in the day, but Lego was less inclined to take huge financial risks back then, and toy movies weren't the done thing.

Many toy-based movies are marketed at least partly-if not primarily- to adults, and rely on brand recognition and nostalgia value to draw that audience in. Kids will want to see it just because it looks cool- having a familiar favourite character in there is a plus, but not a necessity. Bionicle's been around for fifteen years now, and has a large base of adult former-fans who could potentially be drawn back by the nostalgia. We're in the same demographic that the Marvel movies are targeted to, and let's face it, most people our age probably saw much more of the Bionicle characters in our childhoods than we did of Ant Man or Doctor Strange- the nostalgia connection for those properties is very weak or nonexistant for many (though I suppose being part of the MCU brand strengthens them considerably).

The biggest hurdle from getting a film is the lack of humans in the story. You can cast big name actors, but their recognisable faces won't appear in the trailer or posters, and it's harder to sell an actor's presence if it's just voice or a motion-capture performance. The main character won't look like a white guy named Chris, even if he ends up being played by one. There's this perception- and I don't know how accurate this is- that adult audiences will not care about non-human characters unless said characters have human friends who care about them first. Or perhaps they think writers can't write non-human characters with enough depth and character to be able to carry a film for adults on their own. Hence the logic behind the Smurfs film, among others.

Having Bionicle characters appear in our world, I think, would be a mistake, since so much of what makes Bionicle is in the mystery of the setting. Becomes too much of a Transformers ripoff otherwise. Having a Narnia-esque "human ends up in Bionicle world" plot, I think, would also be weak storytelling. It's trying too hard to make Bionicle conform to the structure of other stories, when it needs to be its own thing. I think with advancements in digital effects, we are going to be moving away from the "must have white guy named Chris" mentality, but it's going to have to be backed up by other changes in how Hollywood thinks about their audience as well.

I think the time is very nearly right for something like this to happen, at least from an audience perspective, but it's a matter of sitting around waiting for Lego and Hollywood to realise it.

Andy Serkis? The guy's well-recognized for his motion-capture roles. He was Gollum in LotR, as well as Snoke in the latest Star Wars film. 

There are other actors known primarily for off-camera roles, like Steve Blum. (He played Starscream in Transformers Prime, as well as Wolverine in several Marvel works.) 

Case in point, there are actors whose names could sell a Bionicle film without humans getting dragged into the story.

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

I'm still so confused why Snoke was motion capture lol.

But on the topic of a G2 movie, I think most are somewhat aware of my generally negative feelings towards G2 (or rather my negative reaction to it, I'm so happy it happened, I'm just not thrilled with its execution so far), but I'd be jumping for joy if a G2-based movie were announced, same as how I was getting hyped for Journey to One. Now, I'd still be just as critical of the movie as I was Journey to One, and as it turned out that wasn't so great at all (for me at least), but I'd still give it a chance.

Why? Because Bionicle is Bionicle, and the only way to keep it alive is to support it, ALL of it, even the parts we don't like. If it doesn't do well and fails, it shouldn't be because the fans didn't support it, it should be because it wasn't good enough and couldn't gain traction with anyone else (though with that said that shouldn't give anything Bionicle an immediate pass in quality with the fans, and we should all fully express earnestly if something isn't good. Bionicle just isn't a Star Wars Battlefront where not buying the game is telling the seller to make a better game, whereas with LEGO people not buying their Bionicle sets or watching the media tied to it is telling them people don't want Bionicle. Sadly that's just how they seem to see it).

I don't feel execution would be a problem. Making a Bionicle movie work isn't some magical feat that you need to get lucky to pull off. You can make any concept work. Sure, some like Bionicle may be somewhat bizarre, but that's also called their APPEAL, and it seems many seem to find it impossible to trust in the viewer to hold some suspension of disbelief to get behind an idea. Think the Marvel movies, I mean Age of Ultron

lifted and almost crashed a city into the ground

Now my problem would be that I don't really want a G2 cinematic movie at this point. Journey to One wasn't great and I'm not that invested in terms of story/quality at this point, since it's just not that well executed. And especially because releasing a movie in the middle of the themes life just makes zero sense and is why that wouldn't have worked if Mask of Light was released in theaters. If they were to release a movie, it ought to be separate from G2, perhaps when it ends to get rid of confusion among audiences.

The BIONICLE films had plenty of voice acting celebrities in them - Lee Tockar, Fred Tatasciore, the Dobsons, Jeff Glen Bennett, Dee Bradley Baker, James Arnold Taylor, Jim Cummings, Michael Dorn (more famous in live-action, though he's been in many animated TV series)-- I give up. They had LOTS of voice-acting royalty. Not as many as Robot Chicken, but probably more than any other toy-based video experience.

• Upvote 2

"Mutiny, Booty and Entropy"  - The Three Vices of the Frostelus

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Very true, but there's animation enthusiasts, and then there's the mainstream audience, who would not have heard of any of those people. Andy Serkis is arguably the exception among "mainstream" actors, but even then, his personal fanbase isn't big enough that a large audience would flock to a film solely because he's in it (He'd make a great Vezon, though). For a Bionicle film, you're going to be relying on the strength of the nostalgia, and the overall appeal of the premise and visuals to draw an audience. Oh yeah, that's another thing. They need to make it look pretty. As in, eye-poppingly beautiful. On par with Avatar or a Pixar film. Seriously, Bionicle is at least 50% about the setting, so making the island look gorgeous needs to be a priority. Get some good concept artists on board when you pitch it.

• Upvote 1

Very true, but there's animation enthusiasts, and then there's the mainstream audience, who would not have heard of any of those people. Andy Serkis is arguably the exception among "mainstream" actors, but even then, his personal fanbase isn't big enough that a large audience would flock to a film solely because he's in it (He'd make a great Vezon, though). For a Bionicle film, you're going to be relying on the strength of the nostalgia, and the overall appeal of the premise and visuals to draw an audience. Oh yeah, that's another thing. They need to make it look pretty. As in, eye-poppingly beautiful. On par with Avatar or a Pixar film. Seriously, Bionicle is at least 50% about the setting, so making the island look gorgeous needs to be a priority. Get some good concept artists on board when you pitch it.

Doesn't seem like a problem to me. If LEGO were to do a cinematic movie of any kind, as they already have they would only want it to be of the highest quality. Just look at the style of the LEGO Movie! I'm not saying that's how a cinematic Bionicle movie should look, but I'm sure viectacular since LEGO isn't usually known for associating themselves with a project that has seriously cut corners.

But I sorta disagree with the point of nostalgia and visual appeal being the only thing that will get non fans in. If the story is really intriguing and the world and themes are mysterious and unique enough than that is usually already enough to interest people. Sure, nostalgia and visuals are usually important, but it's never enough to get people to go and see the movie. I mean, I'm a HUGE fan of the original Robocop, yet I never went to see the reboot in theaters even though I have some nostalgia for it and the visuals looked great. I just wasn't a fan of the direction they were going with and it didn't look interesting, and so did apparently many others as it didn't do so hot at the box office considering its budget and intent to be a sequel spawning block-buster.

I think setting is a huge part of Bionicle, but I don't think it's fifty percent, as there are so many other aspects like characters and emotional/meaningful themes that if they aren't nailed and done right, there's no point to going to see that movie. People will be awed and impressed by visuals, but even that they'll forget quickly after they leave the theater. An emotional and meaningful experience though is something that sticks with people for a long time, and for a Bionicle movie to be successful, not just briefly but for a long time, it needs to make a real impression on people today. Just look at the LEGO Movie: sure it doesn't have quite as much excitement around it as when it first came out but you go up to most people and start singing everything is awesome then they're gonna start remembering the colorful and fun characters and comedy, as well as the heartfelt moment at the end.

A pretty movie with no story is like a super hot girlfriend/boyfriend that you simply have nothing in common with or no connection to. Sure, you'll try to make it work and stick around for as long as possible but eventually you'll realize that there isn't much behind those big pretty eyes and that it can't work long term that way, and it's time to find someone new that you actually enjoy being around for more than their pretty face.

Oh no lol dating advice with the Banana close yer eyes lil kiddies.

• Upvote 1

Haha, yeah-all of that, too! The story needs to be great to get people to actually enjoy and become invested in the movie- I was thinking more about how you pitch the concept to get the thing made in the first place, and how you market it to the audience before they actually watch it. If we're basing it on G1, we've already got a good story in the bag, but they need to think about how to persuade studios and producers that audiences will want to see it. It's not a hard thing to sell to kids, but presenting it in such a way to get the adult audience as well will be more of a challenge as far as studios are concerned.

Edited by Alyska

Story, visuals, acting - these are most likely most important parts of a movie.

It'd need a good scriptwriter to tuck in lots of backstory and all those other details that the fans know for the newcomers and yet keeping everything pellucid and the bore-factor down. Y'now, it never ceases to astonish me how fast Web of Shadows seems to run - it seems like 35 minutes and yet it goes for 74.

On a more minor note, the trailers need to be good too - bad ones have killed good movies at the box office. Let's make a comparison of Batman v. Superman and Captain America: Civil War.

BvS made a pretty powerful hit at the box office - but it was still a hundred and forty million short of the $1 billion the financial fellas reckon a big franchise kickstarter movie needs. Negative reviews and highly polarised audience reception had a big hand in giving people doubts about seeing it. A lot of that money was made off the hype - as marketing, the trailers ranged from rather good (Comic-Con), to the cheesily dreadful (starin' reeeaal hard at you, number two).

Civil War's trailers, on the other hand, were Amaztastical.

If a trailer's good enough, it can draw interest like Pooh Bear to honey.

Haha, yeah-all of that, too! The story needs to be great to get people to actually enjoy and become invested in the movie- I was thinking more about how you pitch the concept to get the thing made in the first place, and how you market it to the audience before they actually watch it. If we're basing it on G1, we've already got a good story in the bag, but they need to think about how to persuade studios and producers that audiences will want to see it. It's not a hard thing to sell to kids, but presenting it in such a way to get the adult audience as well will be more of a challenge as far as studios are concerned.

Yeah, that's a really good point you make. Selling the movie would be difficult because it's mostly adults paying for those tickets either way, for their kids. A fully animated movie, even one with the story caliber of Bionicle usually seems to make adults audiences brand it as a kids movie. So...

Story, visuals, acting - these are most likely most important parts of a movie.

It'd need a good scriptwriter to tuck in lots of backstory and all those other details that the fans know for the newcomers and yet keeping everything pellucid and the bore-factor down. Y'now, it never ceases to astonish me how fast Web of Shadows seems to run - it seems like 35 minutes and yet it goes for 74.

On a more minor note, the trailers need to be good too - bad ones have killed good movies at the box office. Let's make a comparison of Batman v. Superman and Captain America: Civil War.

BvS made a pretty powerful hit at the box office - but it was still a hundred and forty million short of the $1 billion the financial fellas reckon a big franchise kickstarter movie needs. Negative reviews and highly polarised audience reception had a big hand in giving people doubts about seeing it. A lot of that money was made off the hype - as marketing, the trailers ranged from rather good (Comic-Con), to the cheesily dreadful (starin' reeeaal hard at you, number two).

Civil War's trailers, on the other hand, were Amaztastical.

If a trailer's good enough, it can draw interest like Pooh Bear to honey.

Also a really good point! Trailers nowadays seem to dictate so much of the movie business it's almost scary. In Batman v Superman's particular case, I think its trailers were really good, except that the second trailer showed too much/the wrong things. It was mostly the negative reception and reviews that seems to have affected its box office.

But still, a really good trailer could be what makes the decision for adults to go see the movie or not for themselves. A really positive reaction to the movie when it comes back will make or break the movie, but I think it's only right to put a lot of energy in making a good trailer that reflects the movie's quality.

Honestly, there's absolutely no reason for that to happen.

Bionicle is one of those weird subcultural phenomenons where the fandom is suuuuupeeerrr into it, but everyone outside might give it a tap on the back then dismiss it.

I used to be / still am a bit into the story but when you take a step back it's pretty darn ridiculous.

• Upvote 7

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

What's to say that that can change in the future? I know many lines that started like that and then vastly increased in popularity down the road.

*cough cough* Doctor Who, anyone? Not a toyline, but it's still a franchise that started out relatively obscure, but got really popular in recent years. 

96DIFYm.png

What's to say that that can change in the future? I know many lines that started like that and then vastly increased in popularity down the road.

*cough cough* Doctor Who, anyone? Not a toyline, but it's still a franchise that started out relatively obscure, but got really popular in recent years. 

Not exactly. Its popularity was insanely high in Britain even within its first few years, and that continued for a long, long, time. Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth soon caught up and Doctor Who became something of a cultural phenomenon. Still is. Mind, speaking reflectively, most of its popularity was within the Commonwealth, and it never really exploded into the US market until fairly recent years.

Anyway, didn't G.I. Joe and Transformers start out as toylines? If they can get cinematic movies, BIONICLE certainly can. We've got a better story than G.I. Joe - though Hollywood seem to do funny things to good stories more often than not.

Imagine if Michael Bay became director of the BIONICLE movie *shiver*.

Edited by Erasmus Graves
  • Upvote 3

Yeah if Michael Bay directed any Lego property I'd stay 1000 miles away from it. I imagine "Bay"-ionicle the Movie like this:

Starring Denzel Washington as Tahu, Shia LaBeouf as Lewa, and Megan Fox as Gali.

Scene one: "In slow motion Tahu causes a mass explosion, while Gali runs in slow motion. Background music - Lincon Park."

Bwhahahaha! :D

• Upvote 3

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Not exactly. Its popularity was insanely high in Britain even within its first few years, and that continued for a long, long, time. Australia and the rest of the Commonwealth soon caught up and Doctor Who became something of a cultural phenomenon. Still is. Mind, speaking reflectively, most of its popularity was within the Commonwealth, and it never really exploded into the US market until fairly recent years.

Anyway, didn't G.I. Joe and Transformers start out as toylines? If they can get cinematic movies, BIONICLE certainly can. We've got a better story than G.I. Joe - though Hollywood seem to do funny things to good stories more often than not.

Imagine if Michael Bay became director of the BIONICLE movie *shiver*.

I stand corrected, my apologies for m incorrectness. 

And I agree with the second paragraph.

Side note: What if Guillermo Del Toro directed a BIONICLE film?  :???:

96DIFYm.png

Yeah if Michael Bay directed any Lego property I'd stay 1000 miles away from it. I imagine "Bay"-ionicle the Movie like this:

Starring Denzel Washington as Tahu, Shia LaBeouf as Lewa, and Megan Fox as Gali.

Scene one: "In slow motion Tahu causes a mass explosion, while Gali runs in slow motion. Background music - Lincon Park."

Bwhahahaha! :D

Add in some slow-mo bouncing robo-breasts and it'll be the full package Bay experience.

An utterly trash experience.

• Upvote 6

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png