MOC's of G2 set-less characters.

Since the start of 2016 I've been trying to build characters who have appeared in G2 Bionicle but have not had a set form (except the villagers). I feel I should shout out to Number_One_Ix's builds, who has also built the Shadow Spawn and Ice Shadow trap, but I felt some of the details could be improved. Anyway without further delay ...

Makuta the Mask Maker

Pictures

dscf0661.jpg

Left   - Back - Right

I made two decisions while making Makuta. First I decided that any colour piece I could not find I would substitute with black, it blends with the trans purple well. Secondly I decided to give him green eyes like his brother Ekimu, after all he hadn't fully turned evil until he put on the Mask of Ultimate Power.

Umaraks Shadow Spawn

Pictures

Now this guy I had to build from screenshots of Journey to One. I had to go over things  few times to get details like the knee spikes and tail colours right. Because he lacks Umaraks pauldrons, I raised his shoulders up and I filled in the gaps in his body with 3 length shells. Overall I'm satisfied with how this build turned out.

(Noticed the spikes on his arms are one stud too high, oops)

Ice Shadow Trap
Pictures

Nothing here much different from any other Ice Shadow Trap moc, the white exo force arms do seem more accurate though. Not the best of the Shadow Traps I must say.

Umaraks Forces

Here are the rest of the pictures I took, enjoy!

So please do tell me if there are any differences I missed, or any other characters I should consider building.
Thanks for looking! Edited by The Invisible Noob
  • Upvote 1

Nice! Makuta works better than I would've expected with the black substituting for the parts that don't yet exist in Trans. Bright Bluish Violet, though I do hope we get those other parts eventually. I do think Trans. Fluor. Reddish Orange would work better for Makuta's eye color, though—he may not be evil yet at that point but it would still be a closer match to the warm pinkish hue in the animations. The other MOCs also turned out good.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Definitely some nice work on here-I like Makuta, and I'm wondering what he'll look like when he finally shows his face next year.

One of the few things that bums me out about G2 is that the Okotans/Protectors all look so similar; I think it tends to discourage MOCing of characters like Harvali or Bingzak.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Definitely some nice work on here-I like Makuta, and I'm wondering what he'll look like when he finally shows his face next year.

One of the few things that bums me out about G2 is that the Okotans/Protectors all look so similar; I think it tends to discourage MOCing of characters like Harvali or Bingzak.

I dunno, I've messed around a bit with different sorts of villager MOCs. It's important to keep in mind that the appearance of the villagers in the animations and such is more a consequence of not having diverse sets to represent than an actual strict guideline for how all villagers must look—even in G1 characters' appearances would change based on set depictions, rather than the other way around. We've even seen villager characters with differing proportions. The trick to MOCing villagers is to avoid making them more armored/equipped than the Protectors themselves—beyond that, there's plenty of room for creativity.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Tbh me not building any villagers is more of a financial thing than anything else, I already had most of the parts for these builds. Making the villagers though would mean buying a lot of protector for each element. I don realy have the money for that right now.

Edited by The Invisible Noob