If Ekimu has the Mask of Creation...

Maybe Ekimu has a very limited imagination when it comes to how he wants his masks to look?

Strange, you'd expect Makuta to be the one with the limited imagination since he created the mask of ultimate power because everyone hated his plain masks, yet the villager & protector masks all fit Makuta's style of simple looking masks. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Maybe Ekimu has a very limited imagination when it comes to how he wants his masks to look?

Strange, you'd expect Makuta to be the one with the limited imagination since he created the mask of ultimate power because everyone hated his plain masks, yet the villager & protector masks all fit Makuta's style of simple looking masks. 

They're probably his. Maybe while Ekimu was asleep, most folks lost their Ekimu-made masks and had to resort to wearing Makuta's more minimalist masks.  

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

They're probably his. Maybe while Ekimu was asleep, most folks lost their Ekimu-made masks and had to resort to wearing Makuta's more minimalist masks.

Y'know, this makes sense.

Following on from this it's possible that Makuta made far more masks than Ekimu because their plain-ness may have made them easier to produce. When things went south, masks started going missing. It's reasonable to see the special masks (despite extra care) eventually getting lost or worn from extra use.

Edit: we might be verging into storyline and theories here.

Edited by The Invisible Noob
  • Upvote 2

It's very possible that G2 mask powers are tied to both their shape and materials, unlike G1 masks which somehow got their specific powers from Kanoka but could be any shape the mask maker pleased. If that's the case, then the consistent shapes of villager and Protector masks could be essential for their specific purposes and power levels.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Perhaps Ekimu's masks (in the shape of the Protector masks) were a fad back in the day, as they were the most treasured. After he and Makuta went away, the villagers didn't know how to make masks properly, so they decided to pass down the masks from generation to generation.

...So maybe that's why there aren't many other mask shapes. Lack of knowledge to make more masks!

• Upvote 2

Ekimu makes a mold in his forge, rinse, repeat.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I'm pretty sure it's only artistic license. Remember how in the Toa Metru comics every matoran from each Metru was the exact same of the toys? They would spend too much time and effort differentiating villagers that don't even talk, so they made everyone look the same for pratical reasons.

• Upvote 4

I just read the second book and there is a interesting little thing I noticed.

( Spoilers! )

In the story there is a added twist to the Ekimu Makuta conflict.

It said that Ekimu believes that the mask they make are only for the leading protectors. While Makuta says there masks are for everyone.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/