HF RPG 2.5: Discussion

Voltex

No, Scorp's right. A medium ship only requires one player. It's only large ships that require multiple players. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Okay, we GMs have noticed an issue of sorts, with all sorts of villain characters inexplicably starting off in Makuhero City even though that's the last place they'd have any real reason to hang out. We thought that was a bit weird, until we realised - duh - that we haven't really fleshed out any other locations in the game. 

I've now added brief descriptions for a number of other locations to a reference post. Further locations and descriptions will be added to this post as the game goes on and the galaxy is explored. If it's on the list, your characters can go there. 

• Upvote 1

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

All right I think it's time for a quick Hero Factory RPG PSA

If you have a Hero character currently working for Hero Factory, they are expected to act like a Hero. For different people this means different things, and for different characters this means different things. That's fine. But starting a fight with people that aren't confirmed to be villains- Skylor didn't recognise them, only noted they looked shifty- will get you consequences with Hero Factory.

I'm on the fence about Beemer's actions, but leaning towards "bad consequences"- he was told to break up the fight, and instead started attacking someone defending themselves from behind. As a side note, I'm pretty sure Beemer was confirmed to not have a poison stinger anymore. And, since this is all caught on camera- from more than one source, no less- both Beemer and Skylor will be looking at some penalties from Hero Factory.

If you want to have characters that can randomly attack civilians (or people who are civilians for all they know), you might want to make a villain. Heroes that act like villains are not going to get a free pass out of trouble. Your character could, theoretically, lose their job if they do something really bad.

I'm not planning on firing any characters for this, but you can certainly expect a reprimand from Hero Factory.

Also, this isn't a ban on doing these things, by the way. You can do them- some people use it as a part of their character or their development- but you should expect repercussions, especially when there are witnesses and you're being recorded.

• Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.

Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

That's all right! If it's in-character for her to do that, then that's fine- it's not a rule that you can't do things like that. However, doing that kind of thing and then not expecting consequences is a different story. Neither you nor Dallior seemed to do it without expecting consequences; this was more of a "for future reference" thing.

And, besides, Skylor's a rookie who probably hasn't even gone through a full lot of proper training yet. They might just assume she was simply mistaken instead of actually trying to start trouble. They will probably be taking away her videogame privileges though. And banning her from TV for a week because she told Zib to shut up. She's Very Grounded right now.

• Upvote 1

Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.

You spoil them, Zippy. You need to be harsher. 

Name: Thaddeus Flabbergaster

Character Type: Hero

Abilities/Equipment: Thaddeus' oversized stomach can open up to reveal Nr Malonės, a physics generator capable of raising or lowering the gravity of a specific object. If concealed, it can be used only on himself, and doesn't work on other people unless the stomach plates are open. It is powerful enough to dramatically slow nearly anyone, and take fighters out of the air, but not powerful enough to crush anything or anyone. Using it on himself, it does not enable free movement, so he cannot fly with it. It was originally designed to give him normal walking underwater. He also contains two semi-automatic rifles in his lower arms, which require cooldown time after usage to avoid melting the arm chamber.

Appearance: Rather rotund, heavily armoured, and a stained crimson, Thaddeus is no taller than any other hero. However, he is much much wider, and is a walking tank when it comes to combat. While his appearance may bend more towards being a lazy idiot, Flabbergaster often pushes himself beyond what he is capable of handling, betraying public opinion of him.

Bio: Born from the most engineering minds, Thaddeus Flabbergaster was created to build. However, Hero Factory had a say in that, and the experimental construction machine was given an AI and refitted for heavy combat. The physics generator inside his core caught the attention of many in Hero Factory, and several tests were run to test the exact limits of the device.

Extra Info: Flabbergaster would theoretically be able to crush something if it was weak enough. However, in order for a villain to be weak enough they would have to be incredibly short and extremely pathetic. Also, Nr malonės is Lithuanian for No Mercy.

Edited by Ghidora131
  • Upvote 2

Abilities/Equipment: Thaddeus' oversized stomach can open up to reveal Nr Malonės, a physics generator capable of raising or lowering the gravity of a specific object. If concealed, it can be used only on himself, and doesn't work unless the stomach plates are open. It is powerful enough to dramatically slow nearly anyone, and take fighters out of the air, but not powerful enough to crush anything or anyone. Using it on himself, it does not enable free movement, so he cannot fly with it. It was originally designed to give him normal walking underwater. He also contains two semi-automatic rifles in his lower arms, which require cooldown time after usage to avoid melting the arm chamber.

Appearance: Deathly fat, heavily armoured, and a stained crimson, Thaddeus is no taller than any other hero. However, he is much much wider, and is a walking tank when it comes to combat. While his appearance may bend more towards being a lazy idiot, Flabbergaster often pushes himself beyond what he is capable of handling, betraying public opinion of him.

Bio: Born from the most engineering minds, Thaddeus Flabbergaster was created to build. However, Hero Factory had a say in that, and the experimental construction machine was given an AI and refitted for heavy combat. The physics generator inside his core caught the attention of many in Hero Factory, and several tests were run to test the exact limits of the device.

While I'm not too thrilled about your decision to import a blatant joke character who's already proven unpopular in two different games now, that's your choice, and there's no rule against it.

However, there are a few issues that I do need to address.

First of all, this whole physics engine gravity thingy is very confusing, and borderline OP, at the very least. You say he can only use it on himself if it's concealed, then add that it only works if the stomach plates are open... meaning it wouldn't be concealed? Your descriptions as to how powerful it is seem to vary wildly - you say it can't crush people, but it's still somehow strong enough to send airborne characters plummeting from the sky? Frankly, I'm loathe to approve any ability that's both invisible and unavoidable, and could easily be used to autohit/instakill players, which is certainly how this gravity thing comes across. 

While kind of impractical, there's nothing technically wrong with the rifles, but I did want to clarify - are these bullet rifles or something else? How/when does he reload, etc.

When you say he's 'deathly fat', what exactly does that mean? I'm having a little difficulty wrapping my head around how that would work, or why someone would deliberately design a robot that way. 

Finally, the backstory is going to need to be changed. Right now, it seems like you're saying someone built this prototype construction bot, and Hero Factory decided to take it for themselves and stick an AI in it. I'm sure our lore expert can weigh in when she comes online, but that doesn't sound like something HF would do, and it's certainly not how heroes are made. 

• Upvote 4

Abilities/Equipment: Thaddeus' oversized stomach can open up to reveal Nr Malonės, a physics generator capable of raising or lowering the gravity of a specific object. If concealed, it can be used only on himself, and doesn't work unless the stomach plates are open. It is powerful enough to dramatically slow nearly anyone, and take fighters out of the air, but not powerful enough to crush anything or anyone. Using it on himself, it does not enable free movement, so he cannot fly with it. It was originally designed to give him normal walking underwater. He also contains two semi-automatic rifles in his lower arms, which require cooldown time after usage to avoid melting the arm chamber.

Appearance: Deathly fat, heavily armoured, and a stained crimson, Thaddeus is no taller than any other hero. However, he is much much wider, and is a walking tank when it comes to combat. While his appearance may bend more towards being a lazy idiot, Flabbergaster often pushes himself beyond what he is capable of handling, betraying public opinion of him.

While I'm not too thrilled about your decision to import a blatant joke character who's already proven unpopular in two different games now, that's your choice, and there's no rule against it.

However, there are a few issues that I do need to address.

First of all, this whole physics engine gravity thingy is very confusing, and borderline OP, at the very least. You say he can only use it on himself if it's concealed, then add that it only works if the stomach plates are open... meaning it wouldn't be concealed? Your descriptions as to how powerful it is seem to vary wildly - you say it can't crush people, but it's still somehow strong enough to send airborne characters plummeting from the sky? Frankly, I'm loathe to approve any ability that's both invisible and unavoidable, and could easily be used to autohit/instakill players, which is certainly how this gravity thing comes across. 

While kind of impractical, there's nothing technically wrong with the rifles, but I did want to clarify - are these bullet rifles or something else? How/when does he reload, etc.

When you say he's 'deathly fat', what exactly does that mean? I'm having a little difficulty wrapping my head around how that would work, or why someone would deliberately design a robot that way. 

Finally, the backstory is going to need to be changed. Right now, it seems like you're saying someone built this prototype construction bot, and Hero Factory decided to take it for themselves and stick an AI in it. I'm sure our lore expert can weigh in when she comes online, but that doesn't sound like something HF would do, and it's certainly not how heroes are made. 

Hi.

Firstly, this is me forgetting to put "on other people" in this due to Skyping at the same time I was typing this. Sorry.

Plummeting isn't the word I was looking for. But, like Hewkii's gravity ability, it can definitely bring flying objects without enough strength to fight back to a lower level than what they are accustomed to.

It can't instakill the incredibly vast majority of characters that are already created/were created in the previous game. In fact, I don't think it could kill any of them, but I'm not aware of them all.

As for unavoidable, I do see your point. However, other characters in Bionicle canon that have used gravity were more capable of instakilling their opponents than Flabber, and they definitely got well matched on several occasion. As for autohitting, look to magnetism. Not necessarily a very effective attack, but more of a slowing spell. Plus, gravity doesn't mean "pinned to the ground and can't move", and it doesn't mean "float into space", either.

Bullet rifles. Reloading would be in the arms, and when he either runs out of bullets or overheats. Even with corpulent design in mind, he won't have an infinite ammo storage.

Deathly fat. Well, think of Flabbergaster in the BZPRPG or in Corpus Rahkshi. Deathly fat fits the description. Deathly, being an exaggerating adjective, and fat, being his existence.

The backstory's an easy fix, but I'm going to wait until some of the other RPG mods come back and throw their opinions in.

Firstly, this is me forgetting to put "on other people" in this due to Skyping at the same time I was typing this. Sorry.

Editing that would be helpful, yes.  :lol: 

Plummeting isn't the word I was looking for. But, like Hewkii's gravity ability, it can definitely bring flying objects without enough strength to fight back to a lower level than what they are accustomed to.

It can't instakill the incredibly vast majority of characters that are already created/were created in the previous game. In fact, I don't think it could kill any of them, but I'm not aware of them all.

As for unavoidable, I do see your point. However, other characters in Bionicle canon that have used gravity were more capable of instakilling their opponents than Flabber, and they definitely got well matched on several occasion. As for autohitting, look to magnetism. Not necessarily a very effective attack, but more of a slowing spell. Plus, gravity doesn't mean "pinned to the ground and can't move", and it doesn't mean "float into space", either.

It's still a rather vague ability. You're saying it's not powerful enough to crush anyone, yet it has the power to rip people/objects out of the sky who are (presumably) a good distance away. Unless it's deliberately designed to be weak but long-range, I don't see that happening.

Even if you adjust this, I'm still hesitant to allow gravity powers unless they have some form of cooldown period (and I don't mean five or ten seconds, I mean a half-a-minute at least), or well-defined limitations. Considering the device was originally built to allow better movement underwater, then I recommend sticking with that and making this device short-range. I'll admit that I don't see this as being an insta-kill ability, but it could still be abused. Treat it like Magnetism as opposed to the Force, please.

Deathly fat. Well, think of Flabbergaster in the BZPRPG or in Corpus Rahkshi. Deathly fat fits the description. Deathly, being an exaggerating adjective, and fat, being his existence.

"Deathly" is misleading. I'm stuck with the mental-image of a cartoonishly obese character that can barely walk let alone fight crime. "Exaggerating adjectives" may be amusing, but they tend to generate confusion that can bungle interaction posts.

• Upvote 1

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

Sorry, I worded that badly. The gravity thing on its own can't be used for an instakill, but since it can drastically slow down the movement of others, it could easily be used to prevent people from dodging/blocking/evading other attacks. 

I'm loathe to approve something that could effectively be used to allow the effortless executions of characters. 

This... doesn't tell me anything. How can a robot be fat, and why is he fat? 

• Upvote 2

I sincerely hope he's not fat purely for the fact that you think fat people are funny because 'ha ha look at the fat person, what a loser for being fat, let's use all the fat people tropes cause he's FAT, amirite?!"

Because if that's the case, although I have no GM say, I will tell you that that's a pretty thing to do.

• Upvote 3

I sincerely hope he's not fat purely for the fact that you think fat people are funny because 'ha ha look at the fat person, what a loser for being fat, let's use all the fat people tropes cause he's FAT, amirite?!"

Because if that's the case, although I have no GM say, I will tell you that that's a pretty ###### thing to do.

Well that's not the reason. He was created in corpus rahkshi with the sole question "can Rahkshi be obese?" and then copied from there on out. There was no overweight joke intended with the creation of this character.

That's pretty much the reason, if I remember correctly.

And then he puts Roadhog as his profile pic

Editing that would be helpful, yes.  :lol: 

It's still a rather vague ability. You're saying it's not powerful enough to crush anyone, yet it has the power to rip people/objects out of the sky who are (presumably) a good distance away. Unless it's deliberately designed to be weak but long-range, I don't see that happening.

Even if you adjust this, I'm still hesitant to allow gravity powers unless they have some form of cooldown period (and I don't mean five or ten seconds, I mean a half-a-minute at least), or well-defined limitations. Considering the device was originally built to allow better movement underwater, then I recommend sticking with that and making this device short-range. I'll admit that I don't see this as being an insta-kill ability, but it could still be abused. Treat it like Magnetism as opposed to the Force, please.

"Deathly" is misleading. I'm stuck with the mental-image of a cartoonishly obese character that can barely walk let alone fight crime. "Exaggerating adjectives" may be amusing, but they tend to generate confusion that can bungle interaction posts.

Edited to remove deathly. Also, will a boundary of 25 feet work?

Sorry, I worded that badly. The gravity thing on its own can't be used for an instakill, but since it can drastically slow down the movement of others, it could easily be used to prevent people from dodging/blocking/evading other attacks. 

I'm loathe to approve something that could effectively be used to allow the effortless executions of characters. 

This... doesn't tell me anything. How can a robot be fat, and why is he fat? 

Well, that's kinda why we're discussing this.

I'd give a more specific answer, but it's for the same reason that a duck has somehow been approved as an actual playable character, and a British stereotype with a monocle and a weapon named Old Chum was even conceived.

Edited by Ghidora131

*Lore Lord ollies in*

Oh wow

So there's a lot to say about this so let me just toss this up here right now: Not approved.

Before I begin: Dane liking Roadhog as a character is not the same as making a joke character where them being fat is the joke. At all. Yes, you've said that's not the point of your character, but that's what you equated Dane's statement to, so. Characters can be large and overweight without being a joke.

Second, note that the duck and Buckley both have profiles that are not overpowered and also made sense. You can have joke characters that aren't horribly overpowered and have bios that make sense. Also, even if you've insisted otherwise, your character can be easily seen to be making fun of people who are overweight- overweight characters are fine, but not as a joke.

What Nato was asking was about a robot being "fat". Robots don't have fat deposits, because they're not made of flesh. You can have robots that are large and bulky, you can have characters that are rotund or have different body types. That's going to be more reflective on how the robot is built, though, and you seem to suggest that he "appears lazy" because of his size. Why?

The bio, as Nato has stated before and suggested I weigh in on, wouldn't work at all. Heroes are made in Hero Factory, fitting to a Hero model. Taking a random robot from somewhere else and slapping "Hero" on it wouldn't work, because it's not a Hero model. He doesn't have a Hero core, or use Hero tech. He would not be a Hero.

Also, the gravity thing has a lot of issues in and of itself. First, you've said it was "originally designed to give him normal walking underwater". Gravity doesn't really change how hard it is to walk underwater. The difficulty is in that water is a liquid, and as such is harder for your body to push out of the way than air. If you change your gravity, that's not really going to help that at all.

Gravity manipulation is also not a new technology for Hero Factory. We've got a number of Heroes who can do that already. In canon, Von Ness had gravity manipulation, and he was one of the first Heroes, so it's at least as old as Hero Factory itself. Maybe the device itself would be of interest, but it certainly wouldn't be treated as groundbreaking unless something in the device differed substantially from what they used. But you seem to treat it like the ability itself is astounding.

The power is also auto-hitting, and can potentially be very overpowered. Besides that, your character is stated to be heavily armoured, and with powerful ranged weapons. Heavy-armoured characters are fine, characters with long-range, powerful weapons are fine. But, your character has an additional ability that makes it near impossible to get near them, and possibly sustain minimal damage from attacks. It's too easy to abuse these.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 4

I'd give a more specific answer, but it's for the same reason that a duck has somehow been approved as an actual playable character, and a British stereotype with a monocle and a weapon named Old Chum was even conceived.

Ghidora, being evasive and deliberately deflecting simple questions isn't going to help your character get approved any faster. 

"Because so-and-so has a duck" is not a valid answer to what I asked. 

Now, if you can provide a sensible and satisfactory reason as to why someone would design a 'fat' robot for the purpose of law enforcement, and explain what exactly you mean by 'fat' in the first place, we'd probably be willing to approve Flabbergaster. But at the moment, it seems like you're using it as nothing more than a cheap gimmick to reference previous versions of the character from other RPGs. 

Being obese isn't something to make jokes about, and if some of these comments are anything to go by, it seems like there are some in the playerbase who would take offence to the inclusion of a character who's fat just because you think it might be fun or funny.

• Upvote 3

Ghidora, being evasive and deliberately deflecting simple questions isn't going to help your character get approved any faster. 

Now, if you can provide a sensible and satisfactory reason as to why someone would design a 'fat' robot for the purpose of law enforcement, and explain what exactly you mean by 'fat' in the first place, we'd probably be willing to approve Flabbergaster. But at the moment, it seems like you're using it as nothing more than a cheap gimmick to reference previous versions of the character from other RPGs. 

Being obese isn't something to make jokes about, and if some of these comments are anything to go by, it seems like there are some in the playerbase who would take offence to the inclusion of a character who's fat just because you think it might be fun or funny.

I'd ask you not to shine light to something that was completely accepted by the rest of the RPG community in relation to the character. If you have a problem with the concept, that fine; you're the GM, but making it sound like the majority of players is going to be appalled is not exactly sportsmanlike either.

And since it appears nobody thought of this yet, perhaps he has a large abdominal section because there's a physics generator in it?

I'd ask you not to shine light to something that was completely accepted by the rest of the RPG community in relation to the character. If you have a problem with the concept, that fine; you're the GM, but making it sound like the majority of players is going to be appalled is not exactly sportsmanlike either.

And since it appears nobody thought of this yet, perhaps he has a large abdominal section because there's a physics generator in it?

I'm gonna be honest

None of your arguments are making sense to me

• Upvote 1

To be clear:

Having overweight characters is absolutely fine in the HF RPG. But having a "joke" character where the whole joke is "they're fat" is not only not funny, but also on par with what one would expect from a primary school bully. It's not going to be acceptable in this RPG. We like to think of ourselves as an accepting group, and we allow characters of all kinds so long as they're not overpowered, they make sense in the context of the story, and they're not made to be hurtful to real people, such as the people playing this game.

Also, Ghidora, you seem to have read literally none of the points directed at you at all. Yes, we know that he has a physics generator in his belly. No one's arguing that fact. It is absolutely beside the point. He can look pot-bellied, that's fine. I've already repeatedly stated how that is not the issue.

You're ignoring the statements we've made about why your character is not approved to make statements that, as Lucina says, make no sense. And they do not even begin to address the issues that have been brought up, instead angling to start a fight.

We've summarised why your character is not approved, and you've not offered a solution nor a willingness to find a solution. Getting snippy at us is not going to resolve this. If you refuse to edit your character's issues, then he's not getting approved. Besides all the good points made, his powers are OP, easily abusable, and his backstory is nonsensical. If you don't want to resolve this, then you're going to have to deal with that. It's as simple as that.

Please stop trying to start fights. Either address the issues we've pointed out by offering an actual explanation- one that isn't just trying to start fights and draw attention away from the issue- or editing the profile.

Edited by ZippyWharrgarbl
  • Upvote 7

Important note: I shall be gone on big-important Boy Scout camp until Friday night. If anyone wants control of Beemer for the week, tell me.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I'm also going to say Flabbergaster Not Approved for the same reasons that everyone else has mentioned.

The power needs to be scaled back and/or clarified and the bio needs work at the very least.

Also, I'm going to have limited availability to post for the next week (approximately).  :dead:

"It doesn't matter how big your first bite is. It matters how many bites you take." -Mool the Wanderer

May as well add my own profile dump, then.

Name: Erik Jet

Character Type:
Hero (Sergeant)

Abilities/Equipment:
 Overall design was created with agility and stealth in mind, plus night-vision built into the visor of his helmet; as such, reconnaissance and espionage are Jet's forte. He’s currently training to develop a Baguazhang-esque fighting style to make up for his slight build. 
As for weapons, he possesses a pair of pulsed-energy gauntlets (that can shock/stun/paralyze the target on contact), and a basic plasma pistol.

Appearance:
Basic 2.0 Hero design, albeit a tad scrawnier. Armor is a blackish grey overall, his gauntlets are silver, and his core and eyes are electric blue. 

Bio:
Jet is a rookie who's only just started taking on missions without a mentor. Being relatively diffident, he tends to keep to himself, but doesn't let that get in the way of carrying out his assignments. Deep down he's a very chipper guy, and amuses himself by slipping in out of nowhere to spook his fellows. He's also quite the bookworm.

The destruction of the Tower took its toll on Jet physically and mentally. He’s since had his legs repaired, but now has occasional nightmares about being buried alive again.

Name:
Daren Wolfe

Character Type:
Hero (Lieutenant)

Abilities/Equipment:
Built for strength and endurance. Exceptional marksman with years of experience in numerous types of long-range weaponry. Targeting scanner/sight built into his helmet’s visor as a backup in the event of poor visibility. His primary weapon is a collapsible longbow. His quiver can hold up to forty arrows that each have one of various tiny devices incorporated into the shafts, distinguished by colored fletching (standardexplosive, smoke bomb, tracerelectric and cryonic). Also carries a hefty dagger.

Appearance:
Simplified 5.0 design. Large frame covered in dark/gunmetal grey armor. Carries his quiver on his back primarily (left shoulder), though can wear it from his waist if shooting from a fixed location. His core, visor and eyes are red.

Bio:
Wolfe is a veteran who’s been around about as long as Stormer, but is nowhere near as grumpy. On the contrary, Wolfe is very amiable, exceedingly patient, and has a good sense of humor (though he still has his grouchy-old-man moments). He frequently serves as a combat instructor in the Training Sphere.

Name:
Henry Flint (Lieutenant)

Abilities/Equipment:
Immensely strong tank-type warrior built for the long haul. Outfitted with heavy armor designed to withstand most weather extremes. Helmet features a built-in respirator/air-filter (think ‘aquata breather’ from Star Wars, or a vacuum filter). His weapon-of-choice is a massive, black-bladed khopesh, along with a basic plasma pistol.

Appearance:
Two heads taller than the average Hero, rather burly and broad-shouldered, and wears a helmet that looks like a sallet-gasmask hybrid. Armor is white over a black frame, while the right vambrace is silver. His core and eyes are teal.

Bio:
Flint is taciturn, grouchy, and tends to be an extremely cautious individual. A stickler for protocol and firm adherent to the Hero code, he can become impatient with any Heroes who don’t take their duties seriously, and extremely distrustful of those who take on a vigilante mindset.

Deep down, though, he's actually a big ol' softy. Just... don’t let him catch you saying that.

Ever.

Name: Helen Corona

Character Type:
Civilian (Mission Manager)

Abilities/Equipment:
Advanced self-defense, and a black belt in sarcasm. Always wears a headset while on-duty, and is never without her datapad.

Appearance:
Average height; shapely white-and-silver frame; white hair similar in style to Daniella Capricorn’s (but with a sort of flip at the end); and a piece of pale blue metal that resembles a headband.

Bio:
Helen has been working with HF for a couple of years now, having started out as a Call Center operator before making Mission Manager shortly after the Brain Attack. She is very formal, if a bit aloof, and takes her job very seriously (some joke that it’s impossible to get her to smile). Despite this, she cares very much for the Heroes in her charge, and would face Von Nebula himself if it meant keeping them safe.

Being an astronomy hobbyist, she greatly enjoys star mapping, and often keeps a small observation log nearby.

Name:
Ethan Rez

Character Type:
Civilian (Mission Manager)

Abilities/Equipment:
Very skilled technician and cryptanalyst. Wears a headset during work hours, and often carries a folding, duel-screen tablet (glorified laptop that opens sideways like a book).

Appearance:
Put simply, he’s a taller, lankier clone of Zib. The only real difference is that his eyes glow indigo and resemble goggles/glasses.

Bio:
Rez is the class nerd; the teacher’s pet; the kid who always got picked last for sports during recess. He’s a gentle, even-tempered person, if a little skittish, and wears his heart on his sleeve. Being a Mission Manager is new to Rez, and a little stressful (especially when the Ice Queen Helen is about), but he always strives to give 110%.

Name: Dr. Robert Xaal

Character Type:
Villain

Abilities/Equipment:
Having suffered extensive, irreparable damage to his optics many years ago, Xaal now relies on a radar system to compensate for his dead eyes (he grew tired of constantly fixing/replacing them). The device’s range is limited to ten feet, so while he can still get around with relative ease, he obviously isn’t going to be running about pulling stunts like those pesky Heroes. Focusing the device on a single area/object will provide far more detailed information, but at the cost of being completely blind to everything else. Having no combat experience to speak of, and thus no weapons, he instead possesses a shielding device that projects a small energy dome with a maximum duration of fifteen minutes (assuming no damage is taken).

Appearance:
He wears a long, dark grey lab coat over his tall, vaguely skeletal frame, with black, elbow-length gloves and matching boots. His head is sleek, white, and skull-like, and his eyes are as blank as a corpse’s. The collar of his lab coat covers the majority of his neck, but what little can be seen is crude, deteriorating technology that betrays his age. Two thick hoses jut out of his upper chest, run over his shoulders, and attach to a hefty white box that’s strapped to his back.

Bio:
Volatile, sadistic, audacious, and unpredictable, all hidden under the façade of an amiable gentleman. Formally a very benign physician, Xaal was once called to HF to tend to an injured group of villains, one of whom broke free in a fit of rage and proceeded to beat the living daylights out of the poor doctor. Xaal’s physical and mental health slowly declined thereafter, and he’s become rather neurotic about keeping that contraption on his back running…

These days he acts as a private doctor and inventor for his fellow villains.

Notes:
His laboratory is located in Makuhero City, under an abandoned, nondescript office building. He also has a safehouse somewhere in Eclipse Station.

SHIP PROFILE

Name: LOIS (Low Orbit Ion System)

Appearance:
Modified vintage jumpship (22 m long) with chrome plating and red accents on the wings. A large, black, Hero Factory ‘H’ adorns the bow, as well as ‘Lois’ meticulously hand-painted in black next to the right wing.

Size:
Small (seats three people)

Pilots/PCs:
Wolfe

NPCs:
None

Communications:
Access to all HF channels and most civilian channels.

Navigation & Drive:
Has access to all HF starmaps and charting systems. Average sensor array. Cockpit is arranged with the pilot in front, passenger to the back right, and gunner to the back left.

Weapons & Armor:
Standard plasma gun built into the hull under the bow/cockpit (which requires a brief cooldown period after excessive use), and two wing-mounted laser guns (added by Wolfe). Armor plating is light but durable, and is backed up by a standard shielding system.

Propulsion:
Moderately agile, and considerably fast for a refurbished antique. Possesses both an overhauled sublight ion engine and a custom hyperdrive unit (commissioned by Wolfe) propelling the ship via two large thrusters.

Landing:
Can land on any solid surface with relative ease. Landing gear is also outfitted with gravitation clamps for low-to-zero-gravity landings. Unlike HF’s dropships, the boarding ramp opens from underneath.

Notes:
Originally meant to act as a swanky commuter craft for short trips between planets and whatever space stations orbited them. Considering it’s age, LOIS is slightly more likely to break down than the rest of HF’s fleet.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |