Alternate G2 Pohatu & Nilkuu

The Toa have fallen. Kulta, the Skull Grinder has defeated them as well as the re-awoken Ekimu, whom he spared as final insult. After a short period of uneasy peace, the ravenous Skull Army spilled out of the City of The Mask Makers, driven by a hunger for conquest. As the undead hordes encroach upon the regions of Okoto, the villagers must face something even worse than any Skull minion.

At the head of each army rides a corrupted Toa, brought back from the dead by the powers of the Mask of Creation.

It should have been a time of Unity.

Instead, it is a time of Despair.

Pohatu, Revenant of Stone

e36b9581f8.jpg

Leading the army of Skull Scoripos, Pohatu has ravaged the region of stone. Not ever death could erase his dislike of the creatures, which is why he lets them prowl and ravage at their behest while he hunts alone. Kulta instructed him and the other Revenants to find - and kill - the elemental creatures of their Regions, as they might prove to be a threat. Upon finding Ketar, Pohatu tricked the creature into thinking he is still a genuine Toa - a power all Revenants posses. When the creature was unawares, Pohatu acted and began to dismember Ketar, while the little scorpion was still alive. After destroying the Golden Unity Mask of Stone, he returned from the temple with parts of Ketar's carapace grafted into his armor, onto his very bones. It was upon that day that the Skull Scorpios truly accepted their leader, their Alpha. 

In his Revenant form, Pohatu wields twin Meat Cleavers, Corrupted Stormerangs and his original Dagger. Of all the Revenants, his hatred burns with the greatest ferocity. Who could stand before him?

Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskBiGAQ9

Nilkuu, Guardian of Stone

e36c1b053d.jpg

Kulta may have defeated Ekimu, however even so he underestimated the Mask Maker. Before fleeing the City, he managed to salvage pieces of advanced elemental armor he began forging for the Toa of the prophecies before Makuta's betrayal. Before the Skull Armies reached any of the villages, he called upon the six protectors to meet him at the temple of time. Here, he performed and ancient - and forbidden - ritual of self-sacrifice, where his life-force was used to grant the protectors powers that almost equalled that of the Toa. With their new forms and armor, the Guardians had a chance - albeit slim - of stemming the tide of war.

The transformation into Guardians tapped into the emotions of each Protector. While the main Stone village was not attacked yet, Revenant Pohatu had made the most progress of all the Skull invaders, and Ketar has already been killed. Primal rage heaved within Nilkuu, which is why his transformation has left him looking more like a beast than a Toa. With armor that resembles the carapace of a scorpion and clawed feet, the Stone villagers were at first unsure as to greet him or flee. However, Nilkuu's great love of his people and home remained, and were augmented as much as his rage. 

Nilkuu, with his advanced Elemental Sandstone Blaster and new Mountain Glaive will stop at nothing to eradicate every Skull Scorpio in the region of stone - and to give Revenant Pohatu the same treatment that Ketar had to endure before his death.

Album: https://flic.kr/s/aHskBiGtVs

These models once again only use elements from 2015 Pohatu, Protector of Stone, 2015 Lewa, 2016 Pohatu, Ketar- Creature of Stone and Skull Scorpio.

The main attraction here is Nilkuu, seeing as Pohatu is mostly just different armor plus that chain across his back, while Nilkuu has more custom stuff.

Nilkuu's six-shooter is functional. Both of his gear-functions work. The glaive weapon can be stored on his back, however the blaster cannot. 

Pohatu's gear function works, and his weapon-sets can be stored on the chain on his back.

Photo Credit: My Wife

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

These are really nice! I especially like the way you bulked up Nilkuu without losing the original's aesthetic, and the way you represented 'skull infection' on Pohatu with the trans lime parts.

You're right when you say Nilkuu is the main attraction though, his presence really overpowers Pohatu's!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

• 3 weeks later...

VERY nice - and I lvoe the whole Alternate Universe thing you'd got going! I'd swap the sides for Nilkuu's weapons or gear functions, though - have him swinging the polearm so he can hold the shooter steady. :)

Also, as a fellow Pohatu fan, I think that you might like what I did with the Protector of Stone + both 2015 and 2016 Pohatu!

Edited by Kepora

I like the story and design of these two! Do you have a whole story for your universe? It's intriguing :D

Nothing too developed, but I would expand on this same alternate universe with other similar MOCs... if I had the other sets, that is  :P

VERY nice - and I lvoe the whole Alternate Universe thing you'd got going! I'd swap the sides for Nilkuu's weapons or gear functions, though - have him swinging the polearm so he can hold the shooter steady. :)

Also, as a fellow Pohatu fan, I think that you might like what I did with the Protector of Stone + both 2015 and 2016 Pohatu!

That thing about switching the weapons.

That... makes terrifying amounts of sense. I don't know how I missed that when building him. Oh well,

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: