Umarak photoshoot A.K.A. "I found inspiration"

Dakhann

Hello there BZP-ers! With summer wave hitting the stores, I decided to pick up Umarak the Destroyer and having built him, went ahead and done some photos. Not in a review kind, just like: "Hey this guy looks cool, I bet I can make some decent shots of him". The decency of said shots can be discussed, as I'm not a professional and my only experience making photos of Bionicle comes from a single review I made over a year ago. So yeah, photos. Tell me if you like them, tell me how to make better shots, or just come and enjoy some definitely-not-professional photography :)

1LFlKI0m.jpg sW1mpNem.jpg GKx4kFjm.jpg 2WZ4nqdm.jpg

hHpLieom.jpgwt5WJxNm.jpg 

qvHSh2sm.jpg 0SWfoFJm.jpg XNrnwqqm.jpg ​Jln0dbdm.jpg

Also bonus, some photos of Kopaka (and my hands in some cases) from before i set up the background. Yes, I know the background is bad, I did those on a whim, without any preparation:

1gEZiQIm.jpgbTIhM60m.jpg e75TAhDm.jpg

EQI5WqDm.jpggAlcQ2Jm.jpg

• Upvote 4

You have some nice posing, but the focus and lighting can use improvement. There was a good article on Brickset (accidentally published on April Fools this year) that offers a method to build a "light box" to provide better lighting

• Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Awesome poses, dude! They look epic! How Umarak the Destroyer attacks Tahu with his claws reminds me of the Lizard from The Amazing Spider-Man movie in 2012. I love his beast-looking poses! Kopaka makes some neat stunts, too! :) (thumbs up)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Thanks for all the nice comments! :) Also, thanks Travis for the tips on the lightbox, I'm sure gonna try to light up my setting better next time! I also noticed people took interest in my painted Toa Mata, would you guys want me to show off the rest of them? I added some details to all of them but I would still need to repaint some of them (Kopaka's eye for example...)