Solius

It's definitely a neat figure, I really like the tail, the HF leg for a chestplate, and the rifle, though I can't help but feel it's lacking in that G1 aesthetic.  maybe some more technic-y arms would help, or a clearer idea of what's making the torso look like it does, since as is, it sorta just looks like a black....thing.

Definitely feels very Hero Factory-ish to me.

Also, the visual effects make me unable to make out a lot of the details of the pieces used, which is generally problematic in my book.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I'll be honest with you, I really do like the leg design, and the body is certainly an interesting idea. The rest of it however may leave much to be desired. For one thing I can't really make oit whats going on in the back there. It just kind of looks... Like a large mass of black with some minor highlights. However, from what I can make out his arms are connected to that large black mass, same goes for his tail. The weapon is an interesting design too. It does use a Star Wars blaster piece from what I can see, which to me seems a little bit cheap, but you use what you have. The rest of it looks very interesting with the use of the single thornax launcher piece and something that males it look like a silencer. Pehaps the single launcher piece could work as a grip of some sort.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Thanks for the replies!

It's definitely a neat figure, I really like the tail, the HF leg for a chestplate, and the rifle, though I can't help but feel it's lacking in that G1 aesthetic.  maybe some more technic-y arms would help, or a clearer idea of what's making the torso look like it does, since as is, it sorta just looks like a black....thing.

Since there's a lot of questions of the torso, I'll answer then all here: It's exactly what it looks like. A big, black mass of parts, mostly Technic L-beams strung together with pins. Without the blue HF leg armour, it's repulsively hideous. The newest portion of this is the gun, which has been on BZP before, but 15% of a MOC being featured beforehand (in this case, a weapon) shouldn't be ban-worthy.

Definitely feels very Hero Factory-ish to me.

Also, the visual effects make me unable to make out a lot of the details of the pieces used, which is generally problematic in my book.

I am sorry for my trash-quality camera, but there's no fancy visual effects here. I used DarkRavenFilms' How To Make Clean White Backgrounds, and aside from that nothing else. I may come out with a how-to on the character at some point, but I assure you, you're not missing much.

I'll be honest with you, I really do like the leg design, and the body is certainly an interesting idea. The rest of it however may leave much to be desired. For one thing I can't really make out whats going on in the back there. It just kind of looks... Like a large mass of black with some minor highlights. However, from what I can make out his arms are connected to that large black mass, same goes for his tail. The weapon is an interesting design too. It does use a Star Wars blaster piece from what I can see, which to me seems a little bit cheap, but you use what you have. The rest of it looks very interesting with the use of the single thornax launcher piece and something that makes it look like a silencer. Perhaps the single launcher piece could work as a grip of some sort.

I'm really confused right now. The leg is nothing more that the Inika design with a recolour and two shin guards. I'm glad you're impressed with the body, at the least.

The back is nothing very impressive, but surprisingly, it uses more colours than just black. :P The arms and legs are connected to two Vahki hip pieces in black, and the tail is connected to another piece attached to that. The weapon does use a Star Wars blaster piece, and is the result of me trying to do something with the Star Wars blaster piece. There's a few extra tweaks I want to make to it, but the Thornax launcher piece is staying.

As others have said, it is a really cool model, but it lacks the G1 feel. It looks too sleek, too modern. Which isn't a bad thing, really, it just doesn't go with the aesthetics of the contest.

Eyes of the beholder, Terrosaur. I tried to emphasize on the look of the Mistika wave of sets, but it seems most of the people going into this contest have a preconceived notion that G1 only lies in 2001 and nowhere else.

Custom torso is interesting, gun is cool, colour scheme is okay, Brickshelf link is not working. I do like the long tail and I do look forward to seeing better photos of this guy in your Brickshelf gallery later.

Brickshelf can sometimes take forever to become public. It's the only major hassle with my picture taking, aside from a lame camera. :C

It doesn't look like the Mistika to me.  The Mistika were chunkier and stuff.

I think the 2010 Surge parts stand out too much to make this MoC design feel like anything other than HF.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )