BBC #73: Unity Duty Destiny

Sorry I don't have any creative names for these guys. It's designed to be a team of Toa.

I tried to follow the style of the very first Bionicles. Bright colors. No silver armor. Kind of raw and feral looking. While they all have different builds, they all use pretty much the same base (outside of the fire toa, because I never had hordika vakama so I don't have his torso.) 

Here's the image I've got now, arranged in an easier to view format than the entry image. I can post more pictures if anyone so desires.

Bionicle.jpg

• Upvote 7

I'm going to have to ding you for using hero factory parts on the legs.

Why? nothing's wrong with using CCBS on the model, as long as it retains the G1 look.

None of these struck me as very G1-esqe until I saw the stone Toa. Very rustic, reminds me of the Hordika.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, the red torso was a pain to put together, since I didn't have Hordika Vakama. It looks a bit better in person. 

My memories of the old Bionicle come a lot from the old comic books, and that's what I tried to envision when putting these together. When I saw the contest was G1, I thought the Toa Mata, lol. I didn't realize that meant everything before the reboot until I was over half done. That meant I had to keep strictly to using little to no 'armor' colors, even on weapons. I tried to make them look wild and raw, like they belong in the wilderness. I think if you try to picture them in the early days (pre-Piraka) of the Bionicle comics, they fit in well. 

um... I thought we could only have one entry. I am not sure if this goes against that rule or what, but if all these guys count as one entry I guess it's okay, but still, I am feeling unsure for your sake. You did a fantastic job with what you have nonetheless, they look small but formidable. I feel like that alone is worth praising, so nice work! Not to say that thats all there is to praise, but it's the most pressing of things about these. Again, great job! :D

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png