How would you finish G1 once and for all?

I wouldn't. I'd leave it open ended. I mean, I'd definitely wrap up all the existing plot threads, but would do it in a way that doesn't necessarily answer *all* questions and mysteries, but most of them at least.

However I'd end it on a note along the lines of there being further adventures ahead of the denizens of Spherus Magna, where the Matoran, Agori, Toa and Glatorian must overcome great challenges together and uncover the hidden secrets of the great beings.

Honestly, it may be just me, but I have way too many emotional bonds with G1 and think that the universe is just way too interesting to "conclude".

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Finish the Serials, then leave the rest of it open ended to be continued on from a time period farther into the future from the end of said serials.

Like the 'A Rude Awakening' Project, being a fan-continuation after wrapping up the serials. Being about 50 - 100 years after said events. Of course, it isn't of my own conception, just that since it is so open ended a project, I decided to contribute. And, I think that is what all fans should do if we ever came together and agreed upon such an ending, to work with one another and contribute to each others possible projects.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Agori Alliance vs Golden Skakdi Army. Dark Hunters recruit Bone Hunters and Miserix sits on a high mountain making huge rahi.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I'd probably keep it similar to the canon ending, but have more stories and plot-ends wrapped up, have the final portion of the story extended to allow for more room for lore and character development (and make it seem less rushed), and possibly end with an elongated epilogue that recalls at least a small something from all the previous years, such as all the beings from the MU leaving it to start life anew, to give it a sense of finality and conclusiveness.

And anything beyond that, That's up to the fans to decide!

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Close all the unfinished plot-threads on Spherus Magna.

Reveal more about the Great Beings when Velika finally gets stopped by some band of Toa/Matoran/Agori/Glatorians/Miserix/Vezon/whoever etc. revealing some sobering plot twist about why the rest of the Great Being's species are nowhere to be seen.

Incorporate the word "Bionicle" into the story with some plot significance.

• Upvote 2

well it'd seem weird to continue past makuta dying since the plot kinda (unfortunately) went about the ways of showing how ALL the evils in the world were his doing all along (evil laugh muahahah)

but if we want closure and if the line hadn't gone downhill n whatnot, three more years to throw velika in the ground, or at least back onto a shelf at a sale for $2.00 USD.

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

Makuta wins. Game over.

To be honest, that's probably pretty close to the truth for me. Oh trust me, I'd lead it up like it looked as though Mata Nui and all would win, perhaps even make it look like he had, but Makuta would still win in the end. I'd just love to leave the fans going "WHAT???" at the end and never give any more information on what went on after that.

I mean, who didn't know that good would triumph over evil in the end, right? It was pretty obvious Makuta was going to die. But if Makuta won instead...

• Upvote 3
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

If I were ever to completely wrap up the franchise, I would probably end it from the perspective of a Great Being, say, Angonce, with him talking about the nature and fate of his co-creations. Something like this:

"These beings... these creations... in all of my years, I never would have thought that it would have come to this. At the moment when our creations have finally looked past the light in the tunnel, they have finally realised the nature of their existence. Despite all of the petty conflicts, disagreements and hindrances in progression, they all achieved their collective destinies and fulfilled their purpose; our intentions for them. In all of my years, I never thought I would see them be unified in such a powerful way. Today, I have witnessed the final conclusion of the Bionicle."

This would be mentioned in a closing serial and would be the final official piece of the lore, chronologically speaking. The ensuing fates of the rest of the characters after their respective closures would be left open-ended, of course.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I'd keep the basic plot of 2010 the same—just, y'know, told better—except that at the end, I'd have the dead Mata Nui robot land on its back instead of face-down.

Right before it shuts down completely, its camouflage system activates for one last time. Rock and soil grows across its entire body, and a multitude of plants and lush environments envelop it with incredible speed. (Picture the Genesis device from Star Trek.) The island of Mata Nui now stands as a plateau, a thousand feet above the desert of Spherus Magna, its southern tip connected to a vast mountain range in the shape of the Great Spirit. The Matoran and Agori each look out across their new world, so similar and yet so different from what had come before. 

Then some character who we've followed from the start, maybe Vakama or Takanuva, says something really inspiring, and Mata Nui as a mask flies into space to do whatever sentient masks do. 

• Upvote 5

Kopaka and Pohatu crash the Red Star onto the face of Spherus Magna. The impact is so massive it triggers the volatile remnants of energized protodermis in the planet's core and it explodes into three pieces again. Mata Nui floats back up in his mask, looks at Kopaka and Pohatu, and says, "you two really are just too much!"

Everybody laughs at the great joke.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 5

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I'm all for an open ending, but I'd love to give the fans some things to fuel their imagination. I'd essentially bullet point some major events or plot points and allow the fans to imagine what happens within those events or how they come about. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Makuta wins. Game over.

To be honest, that's probably pretty close to the truth for me. Oh trust me, I'd lead it up like it looked as though Mata Nui and all would win, perhaps even make it look like he had, but Makuta would still win in the end. I'd just love to leave the fans going "WHAT???" at the end and never give any more information on what went on after that.

I mean, who didn't know that good would triumph over evil in the end, right? It was pretty obvious Makuta was going to die. But if Makuta won instead...

That's why I loved the ending of the ignition story arc. It took me ages to take interest in the barra magna stuff because the models looked so different (were they even still bionicle?), so I was convinced the story ended there for some time.

Makuta wins. Game over.

...then it'd fly in the face of every single moral lesson the Bionicle story ever promoted, and be a betrayal of every child who ever rooted for the heroes. Makuta's victory may have been an interesting twist ending to the 2008 storyline (and a decent way to keep the story going without further delaying Mata Nui's awakening), but it would be a terrible way to end the story as a whole.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

That's why I loved the ending of the ignition story arc. It took me ages to take interest in the barra magna stuff because the models looked so different (were they even still bionicle?), so I was convinced the story ended there for some time.

Did they really look that different...? Half of them were Inika builds. 

• Upvote 1

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

I have a better idea, Nuke Everything.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'd say they did look a fair bit different. The previous two years featured a lot more subdued color schemes and an overall lack of actual elemental motifs. The Bara Magna sets were indeed somewhat of a breath of fresh air compared to that—most of the Agori and Glatorian had much more vibrant color schemes, and sets like Melum, Ackar, Strakk, Gelu, Kiina, and Stronius had more elemental motifs than we'd EVER really had before (since rather than being limited solely to weapons like most previous sets, many of the Glatorian's elemental stylings often extended to their masks and armor as well). Even some of the builds did have a bit more variation, with Strakk and Skrall using the Inika torso in a perpendicular orientation and Kiina having an exceptionally slender build (which in hindsight seems a little excessive but was at the time a nice change of pace from female Toa who shared the absurdly wide shoulders of the Inika/Piraka torsos).

I'd say they did look a fair bit different. The previous two years featured a lot more subdued color schemes and an overall lack of actual elemental motifs. The Bara Magna sets were indeed somewhat of a breath of fresh air compared to that—most of the Agori and Glatorian had much more vibrant color schemes, and sets like Melum, Ackar, Strakk, Gelu, Kiina, and Stronius had more elemental motifs than we'd EVER really had before (since rather than being limited solely to weapons like most previous sets, many of the Glatorian's elemental stylings often extended to their masks and armor as well). Even some of the builds did have a bit more variation, with Strakk and Skrall using the Inika torso in a perpendicular orientation and Kiina having an exceptionally slender build (which in hindsight seems a little excessive but was at the time a nice change of pace from female Toa who shared the absurdly wide shoulders of the Inika/Piraka torsos).

I'm not saying they didn't look different than the previous few years, but I was responding more to the "were they even still bionicle?" comment. If anything, all the things you're describing made them more Bionicle than the last few years had been at that point. 

Makuta wins. Game over.

...then it'd fly in the face of every single moral lesson the Bionicle story ever promoted, and be a betrayal of every child who ever rooted for the heroes. Makuta's victory may have been an interesting twist ending to the 2008 storyline (and a decent way to keep the story going without further delaying Mata Nui's awakening), but it would be a terrible way to end the story as a whole.

Oh, I'm not saying that that's how they should have finished the story at all. (Although kids should learn before too long that "good" doesn't always triumph over "evil".) I'm just saying that's how I'd write it.

Most of my stories don't end on particularly happy notes, you might imagine.

Some of them were pretty good I'll admit, like Strakk's bent over Inika build was relatively original. It was mostly the lack of masks, and those ... *shudders* ... hands which actually looked like hands which put me off. I may be exaggerating when I say I doubted that they were part of the same line as Bionicle, but the significant changes in "traditional" pieces like hands and heads was enough to discourage my stubborn self from paying close attention to the Barra Magna arc.

Makuta wins. Game over.

Oh, I'm not saying that that's how they should have finished the story at all. (Although kids should learn before too long that "good" doesn't always triumph over "evil".) I'm just saying that's how I'd write it.

Most of my stories don't end on particularly happy notes, you might imagine.

The idea that good doesn't always triumph over evil is one thing. The heroes of Bionicle could and DID have losses, setbacks, and sacrifices. But I think implying that good doesn't ULTIMATELY triumph over evil is a terrible lesson for children. Children should not be raised on pure nihilism, unless you want to raise a generation of youngsters that has no motivation to even try and make the world a better place.

Beyond that, Teridax's implausible chessmastery was a major flaw in Bionicle's story, and allowing a villain to ultimately win because he's an oh-so-perfect planner who was impossible to defeat in the first place isn't just a bad lesson; it's terrible writing.

That Great Being civil war sounded AMAZING.

And it'd be a chance for Takanuva to be given a very prominent front and center role.

I can imagine an inner dialogue of his reminiscing of how he used to explore strange foreign places, yet now he is fighting for them. On the brink of a political war, he is the ultimate ideological symbol, and he bridges the gap between two worlds, two people, two futures, yet with how things are going it seems he only gets to choose one.

• Upvote 3

I'd put it like this.

Makuta and Mata Nui face off in giant robot death match, only for Mata Nui to lose. Then the great beings intervene and strike out against Makuta. This sudden appearance of them leaves a lot of the Toa, Matoran and etc. to question a lot of things. When they think they have bested even Makuta, he completely flips the minds of the readers and takes control of the universe.

No, not the MU. The literal universe.

Then have some dramatic plot, more mystical masks and weapons or something, and send them all off for the true final battle, with a huge wave of sets of heroes and villains.

I, personally, would retcon everything up until the end of Journey's End. I wasn't a huge fan of The Powers that Be or The Yesterday Quest, they just seemed really rushed and not as well-thought-out as the rest of Greg's writing. I'd just remove Mata Nui's final request and we'd all be living happily ever after.

Set-wise, the last set should've been the Mata Nui robot. It's where we'd been from 2001 to 2008, from the beginning to the end. I'd imagine it'd be about Kardas-sized or larger, and would likely be brick-built, but I still think that would be cool.

Alternatively, if we were to continue the story the way it currently is, I'd just want Velika to not kill all the super-powerful beings- I thought Karzahni and Tren Krom had immense amounts of storyline potential, and just killing off Axonn, Brutaka, Miserix, Vezon, Helryx, Artakha, and the others would make the stories really bland IMO. 

I would have really liked to see a Great Being civil war though. Perhaps Tren Krom, embittered after the MU's treatment of him, decides to join Velika's side and is simply against the former MU inhabitants. Imagine a Skakdi Fusion vs. Tren Krom fight :)

As for Takanuva, I think it'd be cool if there would be some way to work in the ending of the first movie into it, i.e. the Kolhii match. Just a thought there; will probaby elaborate later.

Edited by Radicool21
  • Upvote 1

I'd say finish the Great Being Civil war story arc and then leave it open for further stories, as others have mentioned previously. The serials are a mixed bag for me, Greg seems to work best writing complete stories rather than episodic chapters, but I'd take a lackluster finale over leaving it unfinished.

However, if we're talking about the main story, I would have had 2010 be the Journey to the Maze arc that was was being planned and 2011's story being Journey's End but, well, better. The concept is fine; it just suffered from being rushed and having to include the golden armor, which makes absolutely no sense. End the final year in a bang that celebrates BIONICLE's entire run and make the Stars line a full set year.

I'd also include scene where Mata Nui communicates to all the MU inhabitants still inside Makuta's body to stop working. Teridax's body begins to fail, giving Mata Nui time to reform Spherus Manga and have a fighting chance.

The Piraka could also be demutated so they and the Toa Mahri can have a proper final battle, though that would be better suited for a serial. Have the Piraka fight the Barraki too, I don't know. Would be interesting to see how the Ignition villain teams would interact, but, again, keep it in a serial.

Rocks fall, everyone dies.

When I first saw the topic, that was the first thing that popped into my head. Alas, you beat me to it.

• Upvote 2

Remember Artwork III?

It was the best of times.

It was the worst of times.

-snip-
-snip-
-snip-

The idea that good doesn't always triumph over evil is one thing. The heroes of Bionicle could and DID have losses, setbacks, and sacrifices. But I think implying that good doesn't ULTIMATELY triumph over evil is a terrible lesson for children. Children should not be raised on pure nihilism, unless you want to raise a generation of youngsters that has no motivation to even try and make the world a better place.

Beyond that, Teridax's implausible chessmastery was a major flaw in Bionicle's story, and allowing a villain to ultimately win because he's an oh-so-perfect planner who was impossible to defeat in the first place isn't just a bad lesson; it's terrible writing.

I didn't say that the characters just gave up after Makuta defeated Mata Nui. I just said that he did. I find it very unlikely that everyone, Toa, Matoran, Turaga, and whatever else, would just give up after Makuta defeated Mata Nui. I'm just saying that's where I'd end it. It would basically be a shocking cliffhanger that would never be resolved, spawning infinite fan theories about what happened, what would happen afterwards, and so on.

Emphasis on where I would end it. Again, not saying that's how LEGO should've done it.

(I was also imagining the scene being something like, Makuta's been hit by the falling rock, Mata Nui turns around to face everyone assuming Makuta is dead, Makuta stands back up and throws the rock at Mata Nui, crushing him completely. So not really some "grand scheme" sort of defeat.)

Edited by Kopekemaster

-snip-
-snip-
-snip-

I didn't say that the characters just gave up after Makuta defeated Mata Nui. I just said that he did. I find it very unlikely that everyone, Toa, Matoran, Turaga, and whatever else, would just give up after Makuta defeated Mata Nui. I'm just saying that's where I'd end it. It would basically be a shocking cliffhanger that would never be resolved, spawning infinite fan theories about what happened, what would happen afterwards, and so on.

Emphasis on where I would end it. Again, not saying that's how LEGO should've done it.

(I was also imagining the scene being something like, Makuta's been hit by the falling rock, Mata Nui turns around to face everyone assuming Makuta is dead, Makuta stands back up and throws the rock at Mata Nui, crushing him completely. So not really some "grand scheme" sort of defeat.)

But if Makuta's victory isn't final and the Toa and Matoran continue to resist him, it hardly even qualifies as an ending. It's one thing to leave the ending open for continued adventures, or to leave loose ends for characters to explore, but I don't see any value in leaving the story's main conflict with a cliffhanger that you never intend to resolve. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen anyone try and frame that sort of non-ending as a good thing before now.

Edited by Lyichir

Like this:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/21953-bionicle-battle-for-spherus-magna/

It's still a work in progress, and I'm sure there are some who won't like my ideas, among them the infusion of Generation 2 names/concepts into the Generation 1 story.

If you're not the fanfic type, I'll just say that I foresaw an eventual clash between all the elements (pardon the pun) amassing on Spherus Magna: the unaccounted for Element Lords, the Toa/Glatorian/Matoran/Agori and their allies, the Great Beings, the Dark Hunters and various other villains, etc. Forces building, alliances forming, rogue elements being drawn into the fray, all leading into more of the sort of battle a lot of fans seem to have wanted: the Toa Nuva and other heroes against assorted hordes of villainous forces-minus Makuta Teridax, regrettably.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge