Set Review: 4527 The Joker

4527_joker_teaser.jpg

Our streak of 2012 reviews continues! Bfahome must have nothing better to right now, because he's churned out yet another look at one of next year's sets. This time it's from the Superheroes line, but this character is anything but a hero. Read on to see how The Joker stacks up in constraction form and if you should add his creepy head to your collection.

View the full article

More purple than I expected. Yes! I must get this, and preferably multiples. The new friction things look useful too, but are overshadowed by the PURPLE.Edit: Oh, forget the multiples. Love the parts as I do, $18 is a little much. Hopefully this will go an clearance quickly, like the Ben 10 sets did. A guy can hope, right? At some point, though, I will be getting at least one of this set.

Edited by Black Six

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

That last pic of Evo with the purple armor pieces looks terrible, IMO. Purple was an accent color in the old set, and haphazardly plastering it onto a set that already had a very well-organized color scheme does nothing good for the model-- his resemblance to the original Evo set, I'd argue, becomes smaller and not greater. Having no purple at all is arguably closer to his old color scheme than a heaping helping of huge purple shells.Joker's my least favorite of the Super Heroes sets so far, but he's imaginative. I like the use of the lightning bolt piece as his tie, and the Ben 10 tails as his coat-tails. Still, when all is said and done I prefer the Batman and Green Lantern sets. Still, great review.

TOTALLY GETTING THIS. The green Hero piece will go nicely with the one I'm planning to make with the Green Lantern.How much? $13?

I think the Superheroes are priced at about $17 USD. They're licensed, so they're more expensive. Of course, this could be TRU markups, but who knows?

plop

TOTALLY GETTING THIS. The green Hero piece will go nicely with the one I'm planning to make with the Green Lantern.How much? $13?

I think the Superheroes are priced at about $17 USD. They're licensed, so they're more expensive. Of course, this could be TRU markups, but who knows?
Pretty sure they're just $15.I'm not fond of this set, with or without purple. It's rather ugly.

AXKP5KC.png

I'll be picking this up ASAP. Oh, that purple is gorgeous... and so is the gun.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

$18!?That's more than double a hero...Might grab the green lantern, but Batman is.... yeah. And the joker dosnt look great

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Well, my quick analysis reads good purple, bad set.I don't know if it's worth a full $18. Maybe $15. I might just want to wait for a sale. But this is a licensed theme. There won't likely be a sale.Looked them up on TRU (they are available, btw) and they're $18 apiece. Good parts, but I must ask myself a vital question. Do I really have that kind of money? Answer, not really. Maybe in a few months. Of course, Lego might be selling it for a couple dollars less in a few weeks or so.

Edited by kanohi_master

Pretty sure they're just $15.I'm not fond of this set, with or without purple. It's rather ugly.
Honestly, I find the set itself atrocious. I'm buying 1, maybe even 2, though.

Honestly, I find the set itself atrocious. I'm buying 1, maybe even 2, though.
I'm just going to wait and see if these parts are added to PaB. If they are, I'll just buy them in bulk instead of having to buy this thing...Which is is, IMO, something people should probably be doing anyways if all they want is the purple. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

I knew Lego was making superhero sets, but I had no idea that they were going to produce a Joker set! :surprised:It doesn't look that good, but its great that it has purple pieces. I know a lot of people have been waiting for them.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

That last pic of Evo with the purple armor pieces looks terrible, IMO. Purple was an accent color in the old set, and haphazardly plastering it onto a set that already had a very well-organized color scheme does nothing good for the model-- his resemblance to the original Evo set, I'd argue, becomes smaller and not greater. Having no purple at all is arguably closer to his old color scheme than a heaping helping of huge purple shells.

uhit was a joke:|e:"Bfahome must have nothing better to right now"yeah basically(well until now, didn't really feel like writing another review today) Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Before this review came up, I barely knew about this DC Super Heroes theme, and I would never have expected it to have a bunch of constraction figures. When this review came up when I clicked my way into BZP, I was left scared and confused.These things look horribly atrocious! Well, at least The Joker. Probably wouldn't ever try to buy it, because it would be very akward for a guy like me is buying a messed up LEGO toy, even saying "I'm buying it for the purple parts" wouldn't work out in my favor.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Ben 10 was licensed too, but their sets were down from 18 to $5 within a few months, because nobody liked them. I doubt this superhero set will sell well to superhero fans, who would be the ones to buy it at this price. I also doubt it would sell to HF fans, who know how outragous the price is. I'm predicting mass clearance eventually.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I knew they could do multiple buildable action figure lines at once! Or is Super Heroes just a 6-monther like Ben 10?

Well, as of yet there's no way to know how long the Super Heroes constraction sets will be released. We do know that there will be at least three more Super Heroes constraction sets this year, released in May. Those three will be Iron Man, the Hulk, and Captain America, as revealed in a press release by LEGO earlier this year.But really I see no reason TLG wouldn't be able to have multiple constraction waves at one time. They did it before Galidor, which wasn't very successful, but also with Knights' Kingdom, which was evidently successful enough to last for two and a half years alongside BIONICLE. As long as the two themes aren't cannibalizing each other's sales, there shouldn't be any problem.

That last pic of Evo with the purple armor pieces looks terrible, IMO. Purple was an accent color in the old set, and haphazardly plastering it onto a set that already had a very well-organized color scheme does nothing good for the model-- his resemblance to the original Evo set, I'd argue, becomes smaller and not greater. Having no purple at all is arguably closer to his old color scheme than a heaping helping of huge purple shells.

uhit was a joke:|e:"Bfahome must have nothing better to right now"yeah basically(well until now, didn't really feel like writing another review today)
Well, OK. As long as you weren't 100% serious, I'm OK with it. Sadly I'm afraid there will be people who think that kind of change really suits Evo... =/ But I guess I should allow other people to envision the characters however they prefer.

all that purple looks great, but my mata nui!what am i going to do with that head (and abs plate for that matter)?

You can remove the paint with rubbing aclohal and a wash cloth. Not having that flower on there will help alot if you want to MOC with it. I can't help you with the head, maye make a bad guy of some kind...

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I am happy to see purple parts in a lego action figure again but the the overall set looks horrible. I actually prefer the Ben 10 sets, which I dislike to be honest, at least they were more similar to the original character. Thanks for the review Bfahome!

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

I love how everyone is all "WHAT!!! 18 DOLLARS OUTRAGEOUS!!!" when it has always been obvious that TRU marks up its prices for new releases.Good review, Bfa! Those purple parts are pretty cool but I don't MOC much anymore so they wouldn't be much use to me.

Even without a markup the price would be high compared to most Hero Factory sets with a similar size and piece count. Of course, that's pretty normal. Licensed themes generally tend to be priced higher than non-licensed ones, and in this case, there's the head (a heavily-decorated pre-assembled part) potentially driving up costs as well.

all that purple looks great, but my mata nui!what am i going to do with that head (and abs plate for that matter)?

You can remove the paint with rubbing aclohal and a wash cloth. Not having that flower on there will help alot if you want to MOC with it. I can't help you with the head, maye make a bad guy of some kind...
thanks for the tip on how to get that paint off! as for the head, it will probably end up in the deepest darkest corner of the closet; waiting for some brave matoran to discover it again...

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

thanks for the tip on how to get that paint off! as for the head, it will probably end up in the deepest darkest corner of the closet; waiting for some brave matoran to discover it again...
Whoever finds that will be positively terrified... think of the children and keep that thing somewhere better lit.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm considering whether its better to just order the pieces that are in the sets or buy the sets themselves. I do want all the new pieces but I don't really want heads that i'm not going to use in mocs. Then again I did buy a ben ten swampfire set just for the torso and spike pieces. I think i'll wait to see if the price drops. I'll be getting all the 4.0 sets first anyways

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I really don't see these selling well. Because they are dc/marvel, they are already more expensive. Combine that with TRU's markups, and they're simply overpriced.

The fact that they are CD and Marvel toys will help them sell.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Whoever finds that will be positively terrified... think of the children and keep that thing somewhere better lit.
Then it is decided! to the vault!i have decided that before i make a move to get that... thing... i will probably wait to see if PaB gets the purple. (assuming that whole contain purple in an otherwise less-than-satisfying set thing isn't a business scheme)

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife