Bionicle poll: technic vs ccbs vs system

This poll has no option for "it's fine as is"—which means that it automatically assumes that Bionicle needs to be any different.

I think the sets are pretty much fine as is. Mind you, I would LOVE to get System-based Bionicle playsets with minifigures and/or Technic-based vehicle sets again in addition to the basic constraction sets, but that's not to say that I need the basic constraction sets to go away or to start using substantially more System or Technic than they already are.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This poll has no option for "it's fine as is"—which means that it automatically assumes that Bionicle needs to be any different.

I think the sets are pretty much fine as is. Mind you, I would LOVE to get System-based Bionicle playsets with minifigures and/or Technic-based vehicle sets again in addition to the basic constraction sets, but that's not to say that I need the basic constraction sets to go away or to start using substantially more System or Technic than they already are.

Good point, technically it's a poll about ratios. I've also been pretty happy with the CCBS/Technic blend in the 2016 wave (2015 was just a hair too much smooth-shells). In that sense, I voted technic because I liked the trend towards layering some custom gearboxes/limbs on top of the CCBS core (plus the increase in greebling).

More system + larger technic builds would be excellent.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

If we're talking purely about building systems, I have to agree with Lyichir that the proportions of Technic to CCBS is fine as is. Having the core of the sets being these Technic builds that give a function to the set, and then having CCBS fleshing out the rest of the set creates a balance between simplicity and complexity that appeals to fans of both systems. And this balance so far has worked, as most would agree regardless of the quality of the story that G2 has some of the strongest sets in the line's history; and as the saying goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png