Bring Back Bionicle Again Petition

It appears that season 2 of journey to one possibly confirms bionicle will be cancelled after 2017 and I believe it's up to us the fans and the grassroots of bionicle to rise up and speak out against lego's decision and with that I created a petition to bring back bionicle again!

https://www.change.org/p/lego-group-lego-bionicle-continue-in-2017

https://www.change.org/p/bionicle-fans-bring-back-bionicle-again

Edited by LimeFlavouredLibertarian24
  • Upvote 1

Can we all stop with the doomsday talk.

2017 is probably the end of a Story Arc. Well most likely get another story probably with the protectors becoming Toa. It well be this generation's equal to the Toa Inika/Mahri story.

Most likely centered around the mask of time.

Edited by ToaTimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

The ending did feel VERY rushed to me. I hope that, at worst, they condensed years two and three into one and may take Bionicle in a new direction with new characters. It feels sort of like they were super eager to just get this story over with.

Edited by NickonAquaMagna

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Let's please not waste our time on a petition or boycotting Lego. As a corporation they have full control and desicion making to ensure they make profits. If a time in the future comes where they reboot Bionicle again, they will come to the desicion on their own reasoning, not that of overzealous fanboys.

And in the meantime please enjoy the 11 years of Bionicle Lego did give us.

• Upvote 2

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

Huh, I'm having a strange sense of deja vu about all this...

Screen wash effect

The year: 2010. Lego has just announced the discontinuation of Bionicle.

*Fandom outrage. Mass hysteria. Chaos. Cats living with dogs. Etc.*

"BRING IT BACK!"

"I WILL NEVER BUY LEGO AGAIN! NOT EVER!"

"BONKLES 4 EVAR!"

But, in all seriousness, this is sad news, but pouting at Lego isn't going to do anything. Do I wish that G2 would continue? Yes, of course I do. But Lego made a decision, and we should all respect that, whether we agree with it or not. Let's just remember what they did for a second: They brought back a line that they cancelled. Discounting movie/show tie ins, how many times has Lego done that? Not often (the only time I can recall explicitly being Space Police). So be thankful that they did what they did. It's clear they put a lot of effort into this revival, and it showed, with the care put into the 2015 Animations, with the subtle callbacks/shoutouts they did to G1, with the set designs, I think it's clear they did care about this. Was it perfect? No, but that isn't a bad thing. Imperfections are a good thing. They allow room for improvement, they let people be imaginative, they let people come up with their own thing, to either explain it or work upon it. ...Look, I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but summed up? I think we should embrace G2 for all of its perfections and imperfections. Embrace it, move on to whatever next Lego (hopefully) has planned for a Bionicle successor, and hold the darkness at bay until a G3 (hopefully) pops up. All that, and enjoy G2 for what it was: an attempt to commemorate the life that was Bionicle.

(EDIT: Seeing as how this is my hot take on the news, perhaps this wasn't the most well thought out/articulate post, as I did kinda ramble, but whatevs :P

Edited by unknown456
  • Upvote 2

Forever remember the Podu

R.I.P. Hahli, Lesovikk, and Ehlek. Died of Green Plastic Syndrome.

Pridaddy will always be with us

Oh god 2010 "Bring Back Bionicle!" threads.

The cringe is real.

Look, Bionicle's probably going to come back at some point. Even if it doesn't, at least it got one last shot. We can keep supporting the franchise, but we do NOT need another 2010.

• Upvote 5

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Honestly, if LEGO eventually decided to revive BIONICLE, I would be fine with their decision; but asking for it's return right after they cancelled it isn't a good idea. There's a reason why they cancelled the theme, and bringing it back isn't going to change that reason.

• Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

The cringe is real.

Look, Bionicle's probably going to come back at some point. Even if it doesn't, at least it got one last shot. We can keep supporting the franchise, but we do NOT need another 2010.

It didn't end properly. It got cancelled after 2 years when lego said it was going to be around for at least 3 years!

No petitions, no nothing, please.

It didn't work the first time, and I can promise it won't work again. The only thing that could ever bring back Bionicle is the fan base staying alive and caring about it.

If LEGO wants to bring back Bionicle, believe me they will as they have with G2, but getting all rowdy about it doesn't change that they made a financial decision here with a lot of moving pieces. They know we're upset about it, LEGO is very aware of the community and the reactions this would garner.

But let's be real here: we're all older now. Complaining can be good, and LEGO deserves to know the effects of what their choice, regardless of the incentive or else they'll get the idea that no one really wants Bionicle. But when we complain let's be sophisticated, let's not be annoying, and let's not be needlessly persistent.

And again, LEGO probably understands the effects of their decision and us complaining more than necessary does the opposite of help. After a while the only thing that helps is doing what a community does best and love and support the thing we're all here for. Petitions almost NEVER change minds, even for more practical things. LEGO's got big feet, and it's bound to step on some of our feelings for Bionicle trying to get where they want to be.

Complaining is just showing our distaste for something or our wish for it to be different. Actively mobilizing ourselves to bring back Bionicle just makes things more difficult without actually achieving any sort of progress.

Edited by Banana Gunz

The biggest problem with G2 happening is that it gave the aforementioned 2010 "Bring Back Bionicle!" crowd—who were extraordinarily enthusiastic in their support for the line—a false sense of accomplishment.  LEGO did not look at the petitions and decide to bring the line back for G2, because G2 was aimed at a much younger crowd who may have only known Hero Factory, or at best a vague sense of Bionicle having existed at one point.  G1 got axed because the story was bloated and getting more absurd by the year (yes I'm still salty over the Red Star thing), but more importantly, it wasn't profitable.  G2 wasn't profitable either, I would assume, which is why it's also getting cut.

LEGO really threw everything they had into G2, but for many reasons—including the obvious—G1 couldn't be repeated. The magic of G1 was due to its presence on what was then new media as well as it being a last-ditch gambit to keep LEGO afloat.  At best, a G3 would be two or three years long and have an average-at-best story, much like G2.

LEGO doesn't get where they're at if they're not willing to make die-hard fans frustrated at their financial decisions.  No company can.  The fact is that we, in the online Bionicle community, have to acknowledged that while we hold a privileged place amongst Bionicle fans as a whole, we are not the entire community and we cannot speak for them as if we are.  Even if every active BZP member signed a petition to bring back Bionicle, it won't do anything.  We do not represent enough money, in LEGO's eyes, for them to care.

tl;dr: Petitions don't work, they have never worked, and they never will work. Their only purpose, if any, would be to delegitimize us as a community in the eyes of those who hold the power to enact G3.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Oooooh. Not one of these petitions. Do these "Bring Back Bionicle" people even realize that in reality, they're actually a small group of "fans" in the whole, entire Bionicle fanbase futilely complaining Lego to get Bionicle back? It's Lego's decision if they want to reboot the line again or not, not a bunch of little whining people. They're like a successful, million dollar company going strong for a long time and I'm pretty sure some minority group whining isn't going to change their minds. Good luck with that.

I swear, petitions like these are just for delusional people to have their egos fed that if Bionicle actually comes back (again), they think to themselves "OMG WE ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING GUYZZZZZ!!!! BRING BACK BIONICLE ACTUALLY WORKS!!!"

pWPTu7m.jpg

The guys who worked on the line might be pleased to see support from fans even if its in the form of a futile petition. I know I would. That kind of passion is partially what convinced them to bring back the line in the first place.

So yeah. No, this isn't going to work. Most of us know that. But at its worst, it'll be a minor, inoffensive nuisance. At its best, well, it might make some people feel better about their story and theme getting discontinued. I don't really see whats wrong. 

-NotS

• Upvote 3

tahubanner.jpg

Do any of you have ideas on how we can bring back bionicle?

By making it a soft reboot of the original 2001 story and not another hard reboot? Should be easy to start over on Spherus Magna.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

1. Grow up
  2. Get a job
  3. Retire
  4. Get a job at Lego
  5. Manage to convince your superiors that after twenty to forty years without Bionicle, a reboot and/or continuation will be more successful than last time, due to nostalgia
  6. Git moar Bonkles.
Edited by Sunstreaker
  • Upvote 5

Come on guys, no one has to be sarcastic or passive aggressive. We're on a Bionicle fansite. These responses are a normal thing considering the circumstances. Just tolerate it for a bit and it'll wash over. I don't see why we should be chastising people who just want to say their thoughts about something they are passionate about. I can fully understand the frustration, having been through this back in 2010. 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I'm just hoping Bionicle pulls a Ninjago move and returns a year after being cancelled.

Only problem there is that Ninjago was never actually cancelled. It was planned to be discontinued after its 3 year run but was brought back after the brand proved profitable. Bionicle was cancelled two years into its 3 year run. Must not have sold well. 

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I'm just hoping Bionicle pulls a Ninjago move and returns a year after being cancelled.

Only problem there is that Ninjago was never actually cancelled. It was planned to be discontinued after its 3 year run but was brought back after the brand proved profitable. Bionicle was cancelled two years into its 3 year run. Must not have sold well.

-NotS

Can we still hope for it.

It's basically all we have left.

• Upvote 3

-NotS

Can we still hope for it.

It's basically all we have left.

I was thinking the same thing of Bionicle making a Ninjago and coming back but being that ended in its 2nd year of 3 years it seems not likely as NotS said but maaayyybeee if the replacement if there is any does worse we could see a continuation to G2 but at this point i dont even see if there could be a replacement.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

The cringe is real.

It didn't end properly. It got cancelled after 2 years when lego said it was going to be around for at least 3 years!

I never said it ended properly. Even if I did, I'd be right at some level, because G2 at least did get an ending that wrapped up the current story, as opposed to G1, which just kind of cut off in the middle of it. It sucks that it didn't do well enough to get another year, but trying to bring it back right away isn't going to fix what made it end again in the first place.

• Upvote 1

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

• Grow up
  • Get a job
  • Retire
  • Get a job at Lego
  • Manage to convince your superiors that after twenty to forty years without Bionicle, a reboot and/or continuation will be more successful than last time, due to nostalgia
  • Git moar Bonkles.

That is pretty spot on; here is another idea I have had:

[*] Grow Up

[*] Study video game design.

[*] Work for Bethesda

[*] Convince Lego to license Bionicle for a massive open world RPG Game. :)

Actually in all seriousness, I hope even with Bionicle gone I hope Lego eventually will pay have to it the same way they now homage Classic Space and Fabuland. Can you imagine a minifigure in a Lego City set, whose torso print is the half-island/half-infected Hau logo from the early days of Bionicle? Or a figure with the outline of the Mask of Creation on his torso? If Lego did that I'd buy the set, no matter how lackluster it is!

• Upvote 1

52641688958_d61c0bc049_w(1).jpg.c0871df0de376218d7ca2bc4f409e17d.jpg

All aboard the hype train!

• Grow up
  • Get a job
  • Retire
  • Get a job at Lego
  • Manage to convince your superiors that after twenty to forty years without Bionicle, a reboot and/or continuation will be more successful than last time, due to nostalgia
  • Git moar Bonkles.
That is pretty spot on; here is another idea I have had:

[*] Grow Up

[*] Study video game design.

[*] Work for Bethesda

[*] Convince Lego to license Bionicle for a massive open world RPG Game. :)

Actually in all seriousness, I hope even with Bionicle gone I hope Lego eventually will pay have to it the same way they now homage Classic Space and Fabuland. Can you imagine a minifigure in a Lego City set, whose torso print is the half-island/half-infected Hau logo from the early days of Bionicle? Or a figure with the outline of the Mask of Creation on his torso? If Lego did that I'd buy the set, no matter how lackluster it is!

I know I buy that set!
  • Upvote 1