What was your reaction to bionicle getting cancelled

The bionicle fandom and constraction in general seems to be at a cross roads as to what to think about bionicle getting cancelled. So I'm wondering what your first reaction was when you heard that bionicle was getting cancelled again. I also made a strawpoll to have some concrete evidence of what the fans think

http://www.strawpoll.me/10881495

• Upvote 3

My heart just sank. G2 was a heavy dose of "childhood enhanced," save the for the inferior story; but the line was in its infancy, and there would be plenty of time for it to match G1 in quality. Now, I don't really have a hobby anymore; assuming gaming doesn't really count as a hobby.

• Upvote 2

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Man, you really really do like your strawpolls, don't you?

My reaction was a bad mix of sad, dismayed, surprised and dumbfounded with a tiny bit of angry sprinkled on top - when the announcement came, mind. When I started reading through the threads talking about the cancellation, a whole lot more of angry got spilled into the mix.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Man, you really really do like your strawpolls, don't you?

My reaction was a bad mix of sad, dismayed, surprised and dumbfounded with a tiny bit of angry sprinkled on top - when the announcement came, mind. When I started reading through the threads talking about the cancellation, a whole lot more of angry got spilled into the mix.

:kakama:

My exact reaction.

Just add a can of wipe cream chocolate cake and watching Mask of Light.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I am heartbroken over the cancellation, for after all we waited all those years to see the return of Bionicle, Lego makes it terribly, and then it dies before it has a chance to get better. Unbelievable. They hyped us all up, they even went as far as to forge new solid 14k masks, and still we were all let down. It's almost like Lego knew it was going to die from the first year. But I will still hold hope that some better constraction theme, or even a G3 will one day rise up and take the world by storm. They tried to reboot the story, they brought back old characters and completely wiped their colorful history, while ruining their personalities and borrowing old visions from the original run.

• Upvote 2

I felt very sad because this was a big part of my childhood. It's like the The Amazing Spider-Man movies in 2012 and 2014 (ever watched these movies) all over again: being a reboot that gets cancelled as it lasted shorter than the original series. I was so looking forward to the planned third year, but it turns out that it never happened for some reason. I cried in tears.:(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I watched Journey to One when it went live at midnight. When things started taking their turn in the last ~10 minutes or so, I was like "hm, didn't think they'd take the story this far" but didn't think anything more of it. I had figured that, even if Bionicle had been canned, they wouldn't have had enough time to adjust the end of the series accordingly. 

And then the Toa flew into freaking space and I kind of lost it. In a good way. I just couldn't believe what I was watching. Then I spent the wee hours of the morning in a sort of euphoric bewilderment. Bionicle's dead again!

I'd already come to terms with the prospect of the line ending, thanks to the last time and thanks to reading the signs well in advance this time 'round. I was a little miffed there won't be a proper Makuta set like the rumors went, but combiner Makuta is ok. 

I love Bionicle, but I've never really been able to muster much sadness for it's ending. It's gotta happen sometime, right?

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

While I wasn't as heartbroken about it ending this time as I was when Gen 1 bit the dust, I was saddened we weren't at least going to get the third year of the theme. I really wanted to see Makuta get some more screen time in the story as well as see his interaction with Ekimu after their battle in the story. (I still haven't seen Journey to One yet, but I guess that Makuta doesn't get the most story in it from what I've read.)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

While I wasn't as heartbroken about it ending this time as I was when Gen 1 bit the dust, I was saddened we weren't at least going to get the third year of the theme. I really wanted to see Makuta get some more screen time in the story as well as see his interaction with Ekimu after their battle in the story. (I still haven't seen Journey to One yet, but I guess that Makuta doesn't get the most story in it from what I've read.)

Yeah, he has about 2 lines of dialogue.

Gleaming glistens The Red Star,
Bringing life to death afar,
Up away in deepest space,
You call me from your distant place.

Proud member of the Kanohi Force (Disavowed, but never dead)