What is your opinion about transparent pieces

There's many people I know that love transparent pieces for mocs and other things and those that seem to hate them for being too colourful and fresh looking. So I'm wondering what the fans' overall view is of the use of transparent pieces in ccbs, constraction and bionicle in general. I made a strawpoll to get a concrete look at what the fans think of this issue/topic

http://www.strawpoll.me/10887707

I believe they are better as accent pieces, and should not make up the majority of a set or moc.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I like them a lot, especially trans green, blue, and purple pieces. While overusing them on a set could make it look bad, I think that with the right balance of pieces they can make sets look cooler than they would otherwise.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Using trans pieces for the main color scheme should be reserved for a very specific motif in a design (such as crystalline armor or something); and in this case, the entire thing has to be trans or it won't mesh. Otherwise, they're good for highlights and can really make a character pop.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

I generally have a favorable opinion of trans-pieces. They should be used fairly sparingly and in a coordinated manner. I think G2 did a pretty good job on the whole, in that regard.

Makuta: Consumed By LightRebrick EntryTopic & BackstoryBlog
-----------------
2015 Sets: 18/18 + 3 • Polybags: 1/2 • SDCC x2, NYCC Clear MoF, Trans-MoF
2016 Sets: 17/17 + 6

The more you use of something, the less unique it becomes- in the case of G2, I think trans colors were a bit overused.

I think this sums it up. I thought the transparent colors got a bit overused on the Skull Gang, as well as Ekimu V2. Otherwise, there was a good balance.

On the flip side, I actually would have liked to see the "drained" Toa masks be fully transparent (similar to the Hero Pack Tahu Mask and exclusive Transparent Dark Blue Gali Mask).

Edited by Disciple

To be honest, I think they're pretty great! Everyone says how overused they are now, and I kind of understand that. Still, they look pretty cool when used right, and give a crystaline look to most of the sets.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

I like them a lot and believe that how they should be used depends on the situation. At the moment, however, there's a lot of colors that I want in trans shell parts, such as more trans blue, trans green, trans red, trans brown/black, and so on. I think the current colors have had their day and some should be phased towards the back in place of others every few years, it'd keep things fresh.

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

I do not care for them that much. When over-used they seem gimmicky, just like 2016 Ekimu.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I love the heck out of transparent pieces, but I think I actually prefer them as bones and internal components than armor, because I like the look of armor concealing energy better than the look of naked robot skeletons with flashy bits over them, even if the flashy bits are really neat-looking.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

trans neon green is epic

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

love trans parts. They really make the figures pop, and give a great sense of energy and power to them. To me, flat colour schemes (no trans or metallic parts) are a lot more toyish and cartoony, whereas colour schemes with trans and metallic parts are a lot more intriguing and authentic feeling. That said however, I do feel that they should only be used if they thematically make sense, and also in moderation.

Edited by Logan McOwen